Horrific Accident in Germany...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Horrific Accident in Germany...

Post by Old Ironsights »

This image is simply gut wrenching.

This is a picture of a horrible accident in Germany.

The picture may be hard to take for you. If you look closely, you can see what appears to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage. Although the picture is quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us. I stayed on the scene to help, and even though I performed mouth to mouth on quite a few of them, none survived.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Re: Horrific Accident in Germany...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Oh the humanity!!! :cry:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: YK you crack me up
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That really hurts. I like Grolsch beer.
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

:lol:
NRA Life Member
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

kimwcook wrote:That really hurts. I like Grolsch beer.
You can have mine then because I sure won't fight you for them... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Oh well!!
ED
Yer never too old
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

If you can't speak German after all that resusitation (spelling?), you ain't never gonna!
Sadder than the accident itself is the fact that it was Dutch beer in Germany of all places!!! Should be enough to make anyone yodel in misery.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, the price just went up. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

years ago in another life there was a small liquor store that i would buy grolsch from. it had the porcelain top and heavy bottle back then i don't know if it still has it doesn't appear to have it in the picture. anyway i would buy it from one store and return the bottle back to the same store for a refund on the bottle with the porcelain top. seems the store sold the bottle for $2.00 back then and refunded $2.50 for the bottle and top. i don't know if it was a mistake but i never pointed it out to the poor folks. i just thanked my lucky stars and kept drinking. this carried on for over a year. i gave up alcohol due to it was a hard living trying to stay lucid enough to make a full day's pay drinking and recycling :mrgreen:
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Sadly, yet another case of alcohol abuse.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thats what happens when you mix drink with driving!

You spill it :lol:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Grolsh is brewed in Holland I thought.... and I like it but it gives me a headache... :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

It is brewed in Holland(aka "the Netherlands")! Dutch is the language of Holland and the people of Holland are Dutch. Not to be confused with "Pennsylvania Dutch" or "the Pennsylvania Dutch" , who are really German and speak an old dialect of the German language which over the last 300 yrs has become screwed up. Dutch was originally derived from the German word "Deutsch" which in German means "German". (Kind of like Christopher Columbus calling the natives of the new world "Indians" because he thought he had landed in India!)
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

kaschi wrote:It is brewed in Holland(aka "the Netherlands")! Dutch is the language of Holland and the people of Holland are Dutch. Not to be confused with "Pennsylvania Dutch" or "the Pennsylvania Dutch" , who are really German and speak an old dialect of the German language which over the last 300 yrs has become screwed up. Dutch was originally derived from the German word "Deutsch" which in German means "German". (Kind of like Christopher Columbus calling the natives of the new world "Indians" because he thought he had landed in India!)
Good history lesson! I enjoy the derivative of language. Big words. Did I say that right? 1886.
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

kaschi wrote:It is brewed in Holland(aka "the Netherlands")! Dutch is the language of Holland and the people of Holland are Dutch. Not to be confused with "Pennsylvania Dutch" or "the Pennsylvania Dutch" , who are really German and speak an old dialect of the German language which over the last 300 yrs has become screwed up. Dutch was originally derived from the German word "Deutsch" which in German means "German". (Kind of like Christopher Columbus calling the natives of the new world "Indians" because he thought he had landed in India!)
Dutch is an old low German dialect, which finally became a independent language in the end of the Middle ages.

OT: Do you know that Old Saxon, another more than thousand year low Greman dialect is one of the origines of the English language. If you compare the Old English story Beowulf with the Old Saxon Tatian, you will see that it is the same language with very small - but noticable! - differences.

Luckily there seem to be a lot of uncrashed bottles to empty - fine place for a pic-nic. :wink:

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Correct. "Low German" dialects are not only spoken in northern Germany today. Holland Dutch is indeed a low Germanic dialect(as is Flemish which is spoken in Belgium and I believe parts of southern Holland and Luxembourg). I lived in Germany for 7 years near the Dutch border and could receive their TV and Radio stations. If you listen really carefully and can understand both German and English, you will also be able to pick up a lot of the conversation. Even more so if you look at a Dutch newspaper!
On another note, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic are also Germanic languages.