I WANT CHRISTMAS BACK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

I WANT CHRISTMAS BACK

Post by J Miller »

I got this from my brother via email:
Joe

I WANT CHRISTMAS BACK

*Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
* December 25th is just a 'Holiday'.*
*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS,not Happy Holiday!*

Please, all Christians join together and wish everyone you meet during theholidays a MERRY CHRISTMAS.Christ is 'The Reason' for the Christ-mas Season!
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: I WANT CHRISTMAS BACK

Post by claybob86 »

What if all (or the vast majority) of Christians got on the same page for just one Christmas and ditched the merchandise frenzy and just had a birthday party for Jesus? Now THAT would send an unforgettable message! It would be quite a few years before this "holiday" stuff came back. :evil: Money talks...
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Excellent!
And +1 to claybob!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I totally agree!
+2 to claybob.

It would be very interesting to see what would happen if we could organize this and do it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's Christmas in my house, and I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I reply back a strong "Merry Christmas" to every "Happy Holidays" I hear - including at work!
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

claybob86 wrote:What if all (or the vast majority) of Christians got on the same page for just one Christmas and ditched the merchandise frenzy and just had a birthday party for Jesus? Now THAT would send an unforgettable message! It would be quite a few years before this "holiday" stuff came back. :evil: Money talks...
As I've aged (44+) and gone through some of life's struggles I've come to appreciate the ONLY meaning of CHRISTmas... my Lord and Savior. I'm not into the gifting and leave that to my wife to handle. I simply enjoy spending time with my new family since getting remarried four years ago (new nephews and nieces age 12 and younger are a hoot) and try to spend time with my own family members though we're all scattered about the US and Canada. Money can buy anything... except time and a future with CHRIST.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

claybob86 wrote:...ditched the merchandise frenzy...
Dream on. People have been complaining about the "commercialization" of Christmas for at least 175 years, and it hasn't stopped yet.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Sometimes I forget that I live in my little cutoff corner of the world until I see such posts. Our town square, which in the Fall looks like this:
Image has a 10 foot tall nativity scene. All put together I'd say it was about 30 or so feet long. It sands on the Eastern side of the courthouse (you are looking at the Northern facing side in the pic) on the same side and the Confederate monument on one side and the monument to Jack Williams who received the Medal of Honor for his actions on Iwo Jima on the other. Our monument to our local World War veterans can be seen on the right side of the photo, under the green leave between the tree and the lamppost. (You can't see the big gazebo that is just past the lamppost and where my wife and I got married on a day that looked not too dissimilar to the one pictured.) Sometimes I forget what it's like elsewhere, until I read such posts.
God Bless small town America.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:
Dream on. People have been complaining about the "commercialization" of Christmas for at least 175 years, and it hasn't stopped yet.

My post was not a complaint about the commercialization of Christmas.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Well, I'm sure you don't want to return to the days when any observance of Christmas was outlawed, like Massachusetts from the 1600s to 1800s.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:
Considering that the post was directed at Christians, the concept of a less commercialized Christmas should be something that those of the Christian faith ought to contemplate. In our family we draw the names of one individual family member and attempt to provide a single gift that has some thought behind it that conveys the reason for Christmas. It's a system that works for us and keeps the debt and stress levels down while allowing us to enjoy one another as family.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I always say Christmas. I gave my good friends a beautiful, proper Mezuzah and wished them Merry Christmas and they wished us Happy Hanukkah. No big deal. You stay true to your religion. Period.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Indeed, Christ IS the reason for Christmas, but I am getting really SICK of people saying Christmas is Jesus Christ's birthday. That is not only untrue, but I don't like the original significance of the date that was selected for Christmas. If you want to hold a Mass for Christ, to counterbalance the festival for the pagan Roman god Mithra, fine, but don't call it Christ's birthday.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.