Taylor's & Co. Cartridge Rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Taylor's & Co. Cartridge Rifles

Post by Idiot »

I'd like to find a Winchester Model 1892 short rifle. Most of the Brownings are in someone else's hands and it takes a whole lot of cash to extract them. I've never liked the Rossi M92s for a variety of reasons but considered buying one until they came out with the unsightly safety mounted for all the world can to see (I know, I can replace it with an equally unsightly button). So I've looked else where - and try not to recall all of the 92s I'd encountered, owned, and traded away in the days of yore when they were as common as Best Buy laptops.

Recently I've run into, or more accurately, read about the rifles from Taylor's & Co. They offer a M92 that seems well fitted and historically correct, ie. devoid of any form of modern safety. I understand they are made by a well known Italian company, Armi Sport (I think), and are ready to work right from the box.

Do any of you fellas have experience with this firearm? Are they as strong as their Brazilian cousin? I'd like to find one in 45 Colt and be able to run +P loads through it when the task calls for it (+P loads are those that can be safely run through a stock Ruger New Model Blackhawk). Any advise is welcome.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Taylor's & Co. Cartridge Rifles

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Duff-L-Bagg has one and I have shot it...
and loved it..... 44-40...a sweet shooter
fit and finish was great...
and it was very very close copy of my original 92
I dont remember how hot the loads were....but
the 92 is a pretty strong action..
I would buy the italian gun before a brazillian
besides rossi was recently sold or restructured
and the 92 will be built in italy in the near future...
at least that is what i remember....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Thanks for the response RIHMFIRE. I'm going to save up to buy one of these rifles; one with a short octagon barrel. :D
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Had a Taylors 92 and it was the first 45 Colt I ever got that had NO blowby and a proper chamber! In addition I had to get a replacment magazine spring for my Spencer and Tayloor's customer service it top notch. My Taylor's 92 shot under 3" with iirons at 100 yards and one hole at 50. The Spencer will put 5 touching at 50 yards.