Ammo Prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Ammo Prices

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

As I understand it, ammo prices will be increasing early next year. Currently though, the prices of copper and lead are down over 50% from a year ago. I'm sure that the short term increase in prices is due to market demand driven to some degree by the fear of the new administration. But in my mind, the prices set by the manufacturers should drop next year instead of rising.

Am I wrong about the coming increases? Does anyone expect a decrease next year?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Ammo Prices

Post by meanc »

I wouldn't look for any decrease in price until ammo demand drops (regardless of the cost of raw materials). I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, especially if the US is still in Iraq, Afghanistan, and maybe Iran in the future.

Then there's going to be this new "civilian force", spoken of by Obama, that's probably going to require a good amount of ammo as well.

On top of all that, who knows what kind of taxes and hoops will be put on buying ammo in the future.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: Dangit, if a Poll Tax infringes on voting, then ammo tax infringes on the 2nd Amendment and goes against Heller :x :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote::evil: Dangit, if a Poll Tax infringes on voting, then ammo tax infringes on the 2nd Amendment and goes against Heller :x :evil:
True - but do you think this will even give them pause for a second? :evil:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I am stocking up on my hunting ammo...3006, 30-30 and such,
a box a week if my wallet will allow it...
all my other ammo I have to reload....because the ammo was
always to high...like 38-40, 44-40...etc....at Gander Mountain
38-40 is about 70 bucks for 50! :evil:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I bought bricks of Federal .22only about 6 years ago for 6.99 per 500. Now it is 13 something at Wallys near here. Where is the end? A word to the wise would be, even at 13 a brick or bulk pack, it's pretty cheap plinking. And 30-30 or 30-06 and such, a guy better get some while he can if you don't re-load. I can visualize those slimes in Washington taxing a 50 round box of .22's to the point of the box of ammo costing 30.00 dollars, I think it's possible. Just to punish you so you won't shoot. The looney anti's are crazy against guns----and us.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I imagine that in the bigger picture of things that ammo producers cost went up in other areas besides just raw material cost. When fuel went up at some point they increased the wages of their employees. The same went on with their vendors. it's reached a point of now return most likely and the best we can hope for is stablization.

What worrys me right now is that I have ben reading statements made by the incoming Attorney General. In one statement he says all gun owners should be considered terorist in his view. Then they bring in this ' national police force" . The question is at what point is the new "NPF" mobilized against the gun owning citizens aka "terrorist". And from that view point does the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act become just another manipulated law??????????

This may be another thread enitrely.
AQHA Life Member
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I hope things calm down after the election. But I wont bet the farm on it.

Went to a little gun show in OKC last weekend. other than some AK ammo and a few odd boxes of obosolete stuff there was hardly a bullet in the place on Sunday. The guns had been picked over REALLY well too.

Been working on a little stash over the years myself... but I am afraid to shoot it if I cant afford to replace it. Of course, the wife thinks I am a little nuts for thinking like that.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun