Range Report - Not levers, but classics nonetheless...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Range Report - Not levers, but classics nonetheless...

Post by stew71 »

Spent a few hours at the range this weekend, testing some handloads for the upcoming military surplus match this month. It came down to the Swiss K31 or the 1902 Carl Gustav Swesdish Mauser. In the end, the K31 turned in the best overall groups...averaging just about 2". The Swede hovered around 2.5" with several flyers. In my defense, the wind and rain was coming down like crazy and my shooting glasses kept fogging up so who knows. I suspect that these rifles will always shoot better than me.

Enjoy.

1943 Swiss K31

1902 Swede
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
txpete
Departed Friend

Re: Range Report - Not levers, but classics nonetheless...

Post by txpete »

nice shooting and 2 fine rifles.
pete
DAV life member.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That K31 is sweet! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Beautiful rifles.!

Do you pull the ring on that top one, count to 3 and then throw it..?

:D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Hey deerwhacker.... nahhh that's the safety. You pull that ring back and rotate it 90 deg to the left to engage it . Works in a fashion similar to the safety on the Russian-designed Mosin Nagant. I dunno...some of the old 20th century European designs were pretty strange by our standards. But boy do they shoot.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

I agree; I have a 1921 Swede, and 3 of the K-31's - they were like popcorn. I bought the first one, and it shot so well I couldn't stop for the price they were first selling for during the most recent flood.

I can't shoot as well as you, though.

I bought the Swedish Mauser for $75.00, including a box of ammo, at a Roses' department store in the early 1990's. I should have bought a couple more. The K-31's averaged about $100.00.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I have a 1948 model K31 (my birth year). The workmanship of the rifle has to be seen to be appreciated. Such a sweet trigger for a milsurp! Mine is all #'s matching except for the magazine which has no #. Also no name tag under the butt plate. Your walnut stock is nicer than my birch stock. I found a period correct sling for it and would like to get a bayonet. The bayonets were issued with the same serial # as the rest of the rifle and those that are still with the matching rifle bring big bucks as a pair. I had to pay $180 locally for my rifle about a year ago. Look for the prices to climb because the last ones have supposedly shipped recently and there will no more.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Beautiful rifles and beautiful photos.... :D

...BUT they are WAY too big. :o
Slow is just slow.