Alternative to Simply Rugged

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pullnshoot25
Levergunner 1.0

Alternative to Simply Rugged

Post by pullnshoot25 »

Well, Rob isn't offering any other color except Oxblood anymore and my entire holster lineup (4 holsters, belt, speedloader pouch, Most Versatile pouch and double magazine holder) is in black. I still want to get my Ruger MK II suited up and I just sent him an email to drop cash on a Chesty Puller in black (if he has any left)

Any ideas? I love his holsters but I really really don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe for my guns.
Hobie

Re: Alternative to Simply Rugged

Post by Hobie »

I wasn't aware of that, has he given a reason like lack of demand? Demand should make him buy the dye(s) and offer the product again.

I have to say that I only ever buy oxblood. That color is or is close to my favorite.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Yeah, I just got his newsletter too. I will be getting a couple skinning knives in this month which along
with another knife will be going up to get matching sheaths made. Good news is the $300 I already spent
in in an oxblood setup. Bad news is I want to ge one of his new Pocket holsters, but wasn't wanting it in
oxblood (this will be a gift) so I will be talking to them soon as well.

I think that what they may have meant on the newsletter is that they would only stock items in oxblood
because I don't think it means they won't dye an order a different color (would seem strange) just that
they are getting caught up and want to simplify stocking.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
pullnshoot25
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pullnshoot25 »

Well, I got in under the wire for a holster in black for my Ruger MKII 5" and I got one of the last black Chesty Puller rigs so I am set. I guess from now on I will just order oxblood. Does an oxblood holster and a black belt go together?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, you could go to a true custom guy.

http://www.levergunleather.com/index.htm

Fancy or plain, his work can't be beat.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad