gun show gunz

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

gun show gunz

Post by colo native »

Sunday I attended a local show, and just woundered around lookin n listenin, stoped to see a rep Colt pump, and listened to the dealer tell how the gun had only bin fired 3 to 5 times, well I had stoped at the same dealer an hour earlier (and I use the term with tounge in cheek) when he bought the gun from a pard who shoots cass who told me he had nothing but trouble with the gun and I think he told the dealer the same.
Just thought it should be mentioned, BUYER BEWARE.... take a grain of salt with ya ta the next show.. ran in to Hobie also, so the show wasent a waste...
Hobie

Re: gun show gunz

Post by Hobie »

Thank you for that last Colo Native... It is always good to see you. You have a good idea on standing by eavesdropping on deals. You can learn a lot about a dealer that way (or the other guy if you know/know of him).

I wish I'd been able to talk more to my friends and acquaintances but I had my wife's BIL with me and we didn't have much time. I should be grateful as I didn't expect to be able to go at all. While I saw some interesting guns there weren't the leverguns that have been at other shows this year. Lots of ARs, one buddy had his milsurp on his table rather than some really nice Colts and S&Ws he has. I did see a nice S&W 625 .45 ACP (mim but no safety) for $425. Lots of new Rossi 92s (mostly Legacy). I also saw a couple of Winchester 92 .25-20 rifles, both well-used with asking prices in the $2500+ range. One gun that really got me was a Winchester 94 marked as a "made up Trapper" and still asking $500. IOW, a puzzle. All due respect to the puzzle builders but not every puzzle builder is a good gunsmith so there's a bigger risk in buying such a gun. Ammo and reloading components were pretty scarce. This seems to be a trend around here.

As an aside, we had to drive through a substantial law enforcement presence at an intersection next to a local church about 1 mile from the show. Found out later that Franklin Graham was there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

Hobie, went to find out the market on the following: I have it on s&w forum also

A freind wants my 25-2 6"TT Th TS N8050XX pined brl
It is in a brown box14" long9"wide 6" deep. this box has the s&w tag on one end with all data and on the other end a plain tag with0252026031 over 45tgt 1955 6"sqbrbl.
Inside is a blue box with no tags and under the blue box is a woden case for the gun with several sealed tools.
I have never fired this gun and dont remember where I got it, although I canot say it is unfired as the box is not sealed.
My question is what is it worth, any help, thankx a ball park price would be ok..
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm thinking it is in the $750+ range. It is difficult to say as these are excellent revolvers (mine is a cut down Jovino a match to which went for $799 on Gunbroker) but it is difficult to find local buyers (at least it seems to be so). After some review, there was such a gun on Gunbroker which sold for exactly $750.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

$2500. for beater '92s?! :o That's lots worse than out here in CA. What is wrong with those fools?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln