OT - My "new to me" $6.50 toy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

OT - My "new to me" $6.50 toy

Post by meanc »

This isn't a lever, but I bought it 3 weeks ago for $400 with several accessories and mags in a local deal.

Later on, I bought some more factory mags for it for about $20 each. At the end of it all I had spent close to $550

Then, last week I discovered just how scarce alot of these mags and accessories are, so I started selling them off on GB. They went like hotcakes.

Anyway, after keeping 3 of the factory mags for myself, and selling the other suff, my total amount into it is a whopping $6.50 :D

It's a Sig Sauer P6, DA/SA which is a West German trade in that was used by several European police depts. These were almost never used and mine only showed wear on the frame. The insides were like new.

I shot about 200rds thru it today at 7-15-25yds.

It's very accurate, and shot to point of aim and was getting groups of 3.5" and better at 25yds and pretty much one ragged hole at 7yds.

These are probably one of the best deals on the Semi-Auto market today. I'll probably pick up one more down the road.

...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - My "new to me" $6.50 toy

Post by rjohns94 »

Wow, very great deal!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Looks like you got your horse trading done big time, but were it me, I would of kept those mags. Never got enough mags. Nope, never got enough.

I don't even own a bottom feeding jamamatic and I got 18 mags stored away.

JMHO = YMMV

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Want to double your money? I think I can scrounge up 13 bucks. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

yup...its a great gun...
I have played with sigs a few times and love them....
I like the out of pocket price too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

J,

I'm thinking 3 mags is all I really need for a bedside pistol, I still have my 44mag Trapper hanging close by. Oh yeah, my 9410 with #6, too. :D

Rihmfire,

The out of pocket expense is what kept me out of trouble. The wife had no idea I bought the thing, much less the other stuff. So when I started selling it, she thought it was stuff I already had :lol:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

I love those SIGs... I picked up a pair of LEO "trade-in" P226's for only $350 a pop. I got there early and selected a couple that didn't have the night-sights (that were all but burned out anyways) as they showed hardly any use and looked like "desk-jockey" guns. I mostly bought them because I had an ample supply of hi-cap magazines I'd picked up prior to the CA ban and always had intended to buy a P226. As it worked out - I got 2~!! :D
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

THAT'S how it's done!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's using your noodle!!!

Heck, the "boss" might even approve of me getting one for $6.50!!! :wink:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sig's are excellent guns. Our department decided a number of years ago to go to a standard department issued piece. It was the Sig-Pro in 40 S&W. I have short fingers and I was never able to get a good trigger set even after putting in the short trigger. Thankfully that policy changed and I'm back to a single stack 1911 in 45 ACP.
Old Law Dawg
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I have a couple of them on the shelf here, they are nice guns. They ones I have don't have the wood grips though, they are black plastic.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Jengel.

This came with both the black plastics and the walnuts. But to me, I kind of like my pistols like my levers, blued steel and walnut.

Besides the walnuts just look and fit so much better in the hand. So I sold the plastic set on GB.