Pennsylvania hunting license?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Pennsylvania hunting license?

Post by John in MS »

Hi, folks,
A quick question for our PA members. I'm scheduled to go groundhog hunting
with a friend in PA before long, and I was wondering about hunting licenses.
I understand a license is required for varmint hunting in PA. Around here, we can get licenses in any Wal Mart and many sporting good shops.

Is it difficult to find a place to get a trip license in PA? Any special places to look for them? Any info will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Pennsylvania hunting license?

Post by Haycock »

John in MS wrote:Hi, folks,
A quick question for our PA members. I'm scheduled to go groundhog hunting
with a friend in PA before long, and I was wondering about hunting licenses.
I understand a license is required for varmint hunting in PA. Around here, we can get licenses in any Wal Mart and many sporting good shops.

Is it difficult to find a place to get a trip license in PA? Any special places to look for them? Any info will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
John

Dunno where in PA you're going, but the local WM where I am carries licenses, as do pretty much all the fishing & hunting stores.

You can find out more about out of state licenses at:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/

I think they're pretty much the same as resident licenses, only more expensive (not totally sure, though). Good luck.

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

you can get them on line or any wall mart, gander mountain and many sporting goods stores.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Great! Thanks, guys!!

:D

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968