"Third Rail" topics

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

"Third Rail" topics

Post by earlmck »

In a land founded on "Free Speech" as a number one priority, we sure have a lot of topics we tipy toe around, don't we? Last night I listened to Tucker Carlson interview a reporter who has written the book on Kamala Harris. It wasn't worth 15 minutes of watch time, let alone the couple hours it went on but I kept watching to see if they ever touched on the stuff Candice Owens has uncovered about Kamala's "Jamaican Heritage". (In which it looks like Kamala has about the same percentage of black ancestry as Donald Trump has -- pretty close to zero). Nope, Tucker and his guest managed to do the whole interview careful not to mention Kamala's apparent race deception. Although Tucker did make a little joke about the "Me Too" movement's assertion that "all women must be believed" with the quizzicle ask of "I wonder if that would apply to Candice Owens?"

So as supposedly unfettered as Tucker Carlson presents himself being now that he is "out on his own", even he didn't think he could touch the race question as per Kamala's blackness, or lack thereof. Even to mention what Candice is investigating. I think I lost a little more respect for Carlson. If he is pulling his punches over this, what else is he skipping by?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Third Rail" topics

Post by Grizz »

earlmck wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 2:23 pm In a land founded on "Free Speech" as a number one priority, we sure have a lot of topics we tipy toe around, don't we? Last night I listened to Tucker Carlson interview a reporter who has written the book on Kamala Harris. It wasn't worth 15 minutes of watch time, let alone the couple hours it went on but I kept watching to see if they ever touched on the stuff Candice Owens has uncovered about Kamala's "Jamaican Heritage". (In which it looks like Kamala has about the same percentage of black ancestry as Donald Trump has -- pretty close to zero). Nope, Tucker and his guest managed to do the whole interview careful not to mention Kamala's apparent race deception. Although Tucker did make a little joke about the "Me Too" movement's assertion that "all women must be believed" with the quizzicle ask of "I wonder if that would apply to Candice Owens?"

So as supposedly unfettered as Tucker Carlson presents himself being now that he is "out on his own", even he didn't think he could touch the race question as per Kamala's blackness, or lack thereof. Even to mention what Candice is investigating. I think I lost a little more respect for Carlson. If he is pulling his punches over this, what else is he skipping by?
I agree with you. I saw some kind of documentary of Carlson visiting some friends, maybe where he grew up. I'm not a fan. Just more noise to avoid.

To your point, the family tree absolutely proves that she is constitutionally unqualified to run for the office of President. Which gets shot-down and poo-pooped every time I bring it up.

IMO, THOSE TWO THINGS ARE INEXTRICABLY TIED TOGETHER, AND IT IS WHAT THE ENTIRE COMMIE FRONT IS TRYING TO SHOEHORN PAST THE "electorate", IMO.

The courage to confront this issue on EVERY FRONT, is what is successfully undermined by the jezebels.

which brings up a poignant truth >>> "men prefer to believe lies"
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I am way past listening to overpaid hacks talk politics. Do what you can, personally, to change things for the better. Wash your hands of it and get on with life.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Sarge wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:30 pm I am way past listening to overpaid hacks talk politics. Do what you can, personally, to change things for the better. Wash your hands of it and get on with life.
how about the underpaid hacks?
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Grizz wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:59 pm
Sarge wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:30 pm I am way past listening to overpaid hacks talk politics. Do what you can, personally, to change things for the better. Wash your hands of it and get on with life.
I have 'free' one on retainer. I just put a bucket over my head and talk to myself.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Sarge wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:25 pm
Grizz wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:59 pm
I have 'free' one on retainer. I just put a bucket over my head and talk to myself.
good one. i just tell the dog to "use his words".
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I value Tucker Carlson for the interesting interviews he gets. Though I wish he'd limit them to max 35 minutes -- dang few people worth 2 hour interviews like he now is doing.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry