Faux ‘security’ these days...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Faux ‘security’ these days...

Post by AJMD429 »

Recently I had to get my birth certificate and Social Security card replaced. One simply took a phone call and for the other all I had to do was show my drivers license, which I had recently renewed with just a phone call.

Both of those things are things people use for secure identification and all sorts of stuff.

Yet a few years ago when I simply wanted a noise reducing device to protect my hearing when I practice shooting (a ‘suppressor’), I had to wait nine months for a federal background check, and that was AFTER submitting fingerprints, and a notarized photo identification.

Reminds reminds me of what people recently called “mask theater”, where we act irrationally because some ‘authority figure’ tells us to, and there are actually people who believe it is somehow serving a useful purpose... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: Faux ‘security’ these days...

Post by Sixgun »

You want my s.s number and a copy of my birth certificate?" I'll PM it to you.......

It won't do you no good as I'm a step ahead of the human trash that prey upon other's sweat. My credit rating is "0"......ZERO......we have a debit card for those necessary things but the amount we keep in there might be enough for a tank of gas....."transfer and pay" or cash......any dollar amount above a certain number requires an "in bank personal visit" for a transfer....

Off the subject I had to go get a load of stone and when I came back my wife was telling me that a new law goes into effect Jan.1st that states anyone can move into your garage, basement, or barn and you have to let them stay there. I told her she got something mixed up as I would hook the loader on the Mighty Kubota and scoop em up for a ride to the street.....lift high and dump.-----006----aka Sixer.... :D
The Mighty, Very Mighty B.A.R.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

After 9/11, our school district announced with great fanfare that henceforth everyone would have to go through a metal detector to enter the football stadium. The first Friday night I went in, something looked fishy to me. A deputy was collecting pocket knives, etc, from people BEFORE they went through, but no one got stopped AFTER going through. I walked right through carrying two large keyrings and a 4" folding knife. Subsequent discreet enquiries to LEO acquaintances confirmed that the school district couldn't afford a REAL metal detector, so ...

It is ALL phony.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pisgah wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:08 pm
After 9/11, our school district announced with great fanfare that henceforth everyone would have to go through a metal detector to enter the football stadium. The first Friday night I went in, something looked fishy to me. A deputy was collecting pocket knives, etc, from people BEFORE they went through, but no one got stopped AFTER going through. I walked right through carrying two large keyrings and a 4" folding knife. Subsequent discreet enquiries to LEO acquaintances confirmed that the school district couldn't afford a REAL metal detector, so ...

It is ALL phony.
The high school librarian kept thinking I was stealing books because my mother was a librarian at the public library and because of that when new books came out the staff had the opportunity to buy the old ones for $0.25 or so so she would buy old science books for me, many of which the school library also had a copy of. So the librarian would see me towing around those books and always ask to see them and look through them to make sure that they weren't property of the high school.

It got to be annoying enough that I decided to prove a point so one day when she exited the building to go out to her car, several of us were sitting on the steps of high school watching to see her reaction when she found the big 10 inch thick Webster's dictionary from the school library sitting on the hood of her car. I just smiled and waved. It must have made the point however because she never again asked to see the insides of the books I might be carrying around.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "