The dirty little secret about solar panels

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
4t5
Levergunner 3.0

The dirty little secret about solar panels

Post by 4t5 »

Rumble.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: The dirty little secret about solar panels

Post by AJMD429 »

If the Liberals would just let the greedy capitalist free market operate as it's supposed to, it would hone the manufacturing process until It produced the very best products at the very lowest prices. Unfortunately, they can't resist their greedy little fingers from dipping into the pot, as they virtue signal and promote businesses that are not successful with subsidies, which distorts the free market and winds up with companies that produce poor products rising to the top while those who might produce a better product or one at a better price, get sabotaged. This is the way of the progressive liberal Democrats. They're short-sighted, selfish, and stupid approach to things winds up enriching bogus companies like solyndra, and delaying true progress that would actually help the environment as well as the economy.

(... I really try to be subtle about it and conceal the fact that I think that today's progressive liberal Democrats have gone off the deep end and totally tarnished anything positive the Democrat party used to represent a couple generations ago. Sometimes I think I might not hide my feelings well enough.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Location: Across the pond but visible from a tall tree in Maine.

Post by gamekeeper »

Disturbing article, thanks for posting.
I dream of a world where Chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

From the article...

"Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants.

They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time.

Another real concern is the vast increase in the use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in the construction of solar panels – up 1,057 percent over the past 25 years. The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deems NF3 to be 17,200 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas – meaning that even relatively minor quantities can have major impacts."

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

Why am I not surprised in the least?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Why am I not surprised in the least?
Because you are not woke...
4t5
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 4t5 »

I've had my doubts for a while now. A year or so back, I was shopping a local hardware store and was asked if I was interested in solar panels by a pretty young lady. I had a question for her...when they go bad, are they hazardous waste? Her reply was ..why would they go bad? ( bad business to answer a question with a question ). I took that as a YES, so if you do get solar panels, rent, don't buy.
Rumble.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

A fellow lawyer called me today about a case that he is working and he wanted my advice. After talking business, I asked him what he was doing lately.

Turns out he is doing a pretty good business of suing solar panel companies that promise way more than they can deliver.