How do people get to this point?

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

How do people get to this point?

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Ysabel Kid

Re: How do people get to this point?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It has always been pure evil.

Tomorrow may get dicey. Lots of these evil groups calling for violence against churches. Pray that it doesn't happen, and if it does, that the sheepdogs are ready to protect their flocks.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When Government replaced God as regulator of morality, this is the result.

Sadly, we of faith have often fallen to the temptation of having government legislate morality. It sounds good, and is easier that trying to lead by example and preach and witness, but in the end, only if there is freedom of choice to do good and evil, and only if people freely choose good, do we have a moral and just society.

Now by that I'm NOT saying that homicide (which abortion clearly is) shouldn't be illegal. But once we let goverent define victimless crimes like 'vice', the stage was set for government to replace the family, replace fathers, and replace God. Now on Mother's Day we are seeing Democrats proudly brag about ripping babies out of their mother and killing them. It's hard to imagine anything more ironically horrible. :|

As Thomas Sowell has pointed out, blacks were doing well and surpassing whites in the 1960's regardless of prior slave ancestry status. Then government stepped in to 'help' them (likely not with any legitimate intent).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

THIS is the mindset of today's Democrats..... JFK is surely spinning in his grave.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ort-fetus/
Screenshot_20220509-194617-059.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My church leaders are seriously concerned about the fallout. We started around the clock two man security teams this morning. While it may take LAPD an hour to respond (that's how long it took last time we had an issue) there will be as many as 30 others on site in as little as two minutes (hey, the buy has to put on his pants and walk across the street).

I never thought I'd see the day when a church would have to defended by force of arms in this country.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The 'progressive' left Democrats have become godless materialists, who believe their ends are so noble they justify any means, including lies, censorship, and violence, and they seem to have absolutely no sense of self-awareness; they will honestly state they believe the lies and violence and 'fascism' (evidently that's the latest focus-group buzz-word these days) are phenomena coming from the conservatives... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Part of the problem is that not only do they lack any sort of religious frame of reference that would provide a solid and stable moral foundation, they evidently don't read history, can't understand science (although they will happily fabricate it), and economics confuses them. Perhaps it's because they were raised on television instead of books. Next time you meet a liberal, ask them if they've read Road to Serfdom, Vision of the Anointed, or Gulag Archipelago. You will get a blank look from most of them, although a few of the smarter college grad student types will insist they've read one or other because they saw a picture of the cover on Amazon. :roll: Of course these are the people who insist that they read "all sorts and sources of news", but instead of actually reading what's on Breitbart or Gateway Pundit, what they really mean is they have read what CNN says Breitbart or Gateway Pundit said... :roll:

Such pillars of intellectual curiosity and integrity... :lol:

piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

I don't watch CNN, for the same reason I don't watch my dogs when they are emptying their bowels.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

I don't get it. The Progressive Left would absolutely be screaming at the top of their lungs if a group of hunters targeted baby seals. But for human babies, I guess its open season. If the world lasts another 100 years, I am pretty sure historians in the future will be appalled by what Freedom of Choice people are espousing. Absolute barbarism. IMHO.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

lthardman wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:59 pm
I don't get it. The Progressive Left would absolutely be screaming at the top of their lungs if a group of hunters targeted baby seals. But for human babies, I guess its open season. If the world lasts another 100 years, I am pretty sure historians in the future will be appalled by what Freedom of Choice people are espousing. Absolute barbarism. IMHO.
Spot on.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:09 pm
I never thought I'd see the day when a church would have to defended by force of arms in this country.
When I was growing up this would have been unthinkable. We're had an armed safety team for 6 years now this fall. Sad statement of the times.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:01 pm
jeepnik wrote:
When I was growing up this would have been unthinkable. We're had an armed safety team for 6 years now this fall. Sad statement of the times.
I was talking about this with another team member. He pointed out something I hadn't thought about. We've been protecting churches with force of arms, from our fellow countrymen since the start of the Revolutionary War. He is a bit brighter than I am.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:01 pm
jeepnik wrote:
I was talking about this with another team member. He pointed out something I hadn't thought about. We've been protecting churches with force of arms, from our fellow countrymen since the start of the Revolutionary War. He is a bit brighter than I am.
Excellent point!
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

Quite a few Churches here in Texas have armed members. Concealed carry by members happens more than anyone can see.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 pm
Quite a few Churches here in Texas have armed members. Concealed carry by members happens more than anyone can see.
I've been in churches where at least half of the people had ccw's, and I remember as a medical student working in an emergency room on a clerkship where I would come to work midnight to 7:00 after working an evening shift in a ghetto pharmacy. I felt awkward because I was armed with a gun in my boot, and knew that was against school rules for students, and probably some hospital rule as well. I believe there were seven or eight emergency room physicians having a staff meeting the first day I showed up for the rotation, and they got to talking about crazy people coming into the emergency room and being violent, and I found out that all but one of the physicians who work there carried a concealed weapon at all times. So I think there are a lot of places in the real world that are well protected. It's just when you get into the big cities that not only have stupid laws, but a lot of naive people who've not been around guns, that people don't know how to protect themselves.