Trump In 2024: Yes, Or No

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Trump In 2024: Yes, Or No

Post by Blaine »

In '16 he wasn't my first choice, but he sure did a bang-up job IMO...
DeSantis, if he runs, would be my favorite in '24. If Trump gets the nod, DeSantis should be the VP.
I like Cruz a lot, but I think he just screwed the pooch with his comments on legal protesters being terrorists.
● “Tell a lie once, and all your truths become questionable.”~ Unknown

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Trump In 2024: Yes, Or No

Post by AJMD429 »

I would pick Trump over to Santa's and DeSantis over about everyone else. I thought Trump should have dumped Mike pence and picked Candice Owens for VP.

There are still a lot of people who don't pay any attention to elections, but might take a second look if she were involved because of her race and gender.

There are also a lot of people unfortunately who wouldn't even consider voting Republican, but might consider it if the candidate were a black female. The thing I like about Candice is that she's pretty much just like Trump in terms of being feisty. I'll never forget seeing her pretty much tell Jerry Nadler to go self-copulate during her congressional testimony a couple years ago.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hopefully not.

Trump was not my first choice either, but he did a great job in office on almost everything. However, his mouth became a liability and if he ran again, we'd probably lose the election - and the country can't afford that. Now we have several thought leaders who learned how to punch like Trump. DeSantis and Owens are two of the best.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

yes
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
Taylor's & company 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Personality wise, not so much....policy wise, most assuredly I would vote for him again.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Here would be a good place for Trump, and he doesn't have to be elected to the house. I don't think it's ever been done, but, it certainly would be on constitutional firm ground.

The Constitution does not require the speaker to be an incumbent member of the House of Representatives, although every speaker thus far has been. ... The current House speaker is Democrat Nancy Pelosi of California.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

No.
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

Donald Trump fought against the hard left as well as the old guard GOP. He showed that he's loyal to the people and not to globalists. We've had too many RINOs, time for Trump again.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Trailboss wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:27 am
Donald Trump fought against the hard left as well as the old guard GOP. He showed that he's loyal to the people and not to globalists. We've had too many RINOs, time for Trump again.
+1
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
Taylor's & company 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Trailboss wrote:
And that is exactly why it will not happen.

Washington is a one party town. Has been for a long time. It just gives the illusion of choice.
Now the "big Republicans" are on the Jan. 6 insurrection and terror attack bandwagon. So now that is what it is.
Once we get close to an election, they will slide back to their hard line right, "standing up for America". Afterwards, it's business as usual. That's why nothing ever changes.
When change (or exposure) looks imminent, it is squashed.
Be nice.....it's more important than truth.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

OldWin wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:43 pm
Trailboss wrote:

Washington is a one party town. Has been for a long time. It just gives the illusion of choice.
Now the "big Republicans" are on the Jan. 6 insurrection and terror attack bandwagon. So now that is what it is.
Once we get close to an election, they will slide back to their hard line right, "standing up for America". Afterwards, it's business as usual. That's why nothing ever changes.
It changed in 2016.
Several governors are changing it on a state level.
It's getting too easy for folks to justify not doing anything about it.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Blaine wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:00 pm
OldWin wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:43 pm
Trailboss wrote:

It changed in 2016.
Several governors are changing it on a state level.
It's getting too easy for folks to justify not doing anything about it.
It did change. For 4 years. Now look where we are. And instead of Trumps party defending him or his legacy, they help his enemies. They didn't want him from the start.
There will always be those that see and want to do what is right. Governor is about as far as they are allowed to get. We had one such, for 8 years. Now we are worse off than we were before he came. Just like what happened in Washington.
The whole thing is corrupted. Completely.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well said Jay....I agree with you 100%....voting means nothing unless it's dogcatcher.....there's an agenda in place and we can't stop what's coming.......our 2nd is only slowing them down.....most people will P out.....
1878/1902 Colt D.A."Alaskan" .45 L. Colt
1962 Colt Police .36 Caliber
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:36 am
Well said Jay....I agree with you 100%....voting means nothing unless it's dogcatcher.....there's an agenda in place and we can't stop what's coming.......our 2nd is only slowing them down.....most people will P out.....
Outside of an armed insurrection, voting is the only choice. Not voting is voting for the dang communists...twice.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Birchsmoke
Levergunner

Post by Birchsmoke »

Trunp is a person yes but Trump is an attitute, a battle cry, a driving need to return to constitution in fact and appearance not what those who have never read the constitution think it is. Im voting for that and the package it comes in is irrelevant.
Birchsmoke
Perfection Is not found when there is nothing left to add but where there is nothing left to take away.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Birchsmoke wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 am
Trunp is a person yes but Trump is an attitute, a battle cry, a driving need to return to constitution in fact and appearance not what those who have never read the constitution think it is. Im voting for that and the package it comes in is irrelevant.
That is very true. However, someone has to be the face of that movement, and fallout from daring to. Everyone watched what was done to Trump, and if people persist, it will get worse.
This country is now "ruled" in my opinion. Almost every totalitarian regime has elections. They let everyone see that they are in control of those too. That was not an accident. Same with the blatant media bias and executive orders. They feel they don't have to hide it anymore. This is all nothing new. It's gone on for decades. They are just letting people see it now because they are comfortable in their control.
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

It's not so much Trump or Biden as much as it is that many Americans (especially gun owners) have had enuf of left leaning liberals.
Republicans?, Democrats? ... I still haven't decided which of the two (or maybe both) to blame the Afghanistan fiasco on.
I'd support Trump if he ran (or was allowed to run) again. :mrgreen:
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Trump is brilliant to listen to every time I see Him on T.V. I would vote for Him again . Uncle Joe is hardly able to read a teleprompter. I don't think Trump has a chance to win again, the left is continuing to poison everything good He did with the ongoing January 6th debacle. And Yes most of the Republican's are just weak rich Guys who are Great Pretenders. All they want is the $$$.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:47 pm
Hopefully not.

Trump was not my first choice either, but he did a great job in office on almost everything. However, his mouth became a liability and if he ran again, we'd probably lose the election - and the country can't afford that. Now we have several thought leaders who learned how to punch like Trump. DeSantis and Owens are two of the best.
That's pretty much my take on it. I kept wishing DJT would just do a good job, STFU and stay off social media. You know close advisors had to be telling him the same thing. He couldn't or wouldn't do it.

Too bad, because Trump was the closest thing to a 3rd party president we've ever had.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
4t5
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 4t5 »

"A lot of good medicines taste bad", meaning ....a lot of what President Trumps says is harsh, but the outcome of his actions is good.
Locals.com