Ted Cruz just did it again

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Scott Tschirhart
Senior Levergunner

Ted Cruz just did it again

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I know Ted personally and I always thought he was a good guy.

However, I soured on him when he made his speech at the Republican Convention after he lost the nomination to President Trump. He looked small and petty and he could have used that opportunity to bring the Republican party back together and heal the wounds caused by the primary contest. He did not do that, and I was very disappointed.

I had tempered my thoughts about him and supported him in the last Senate race. He said things that I agreed with and I was willing to give him another chance.

Yesterday, he called the January 6th protest a violent terrorist act.

I do not disagree that there were violent terrorist actions that occurred on January 6, specifically the planting of explosives and attacks on police officers.

BUT to paint all of the people, most of which were apparently only exercising their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights to assemble and redress their grievances, is a really bad move on his part. I'm done with him.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Ted Cruz just did it again

Post by Blaine »

I was a bit shocked myself....
I'm of the opinion that a few bad actors, probably planted by ANTIFA, FBI, or other liberal faction led the charge into the Capital Bldg, and a some stupid republicans followed them inside.
The news this morning is calling it "the deadly insurrection"...The only killing that was done was by government goons...
The huge majority were there for a legal protest against fraudulent voting that gave SloJoe the office.
● “Tell a lie once, and all your truths become questionable.”~ Unknown

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Spot on Blaine.

The left instigated this and they are using it forever to tar and feather conservatives as a whole, paint everyone opposed to the left as terrorists, and will continue to use it to gain power and suppress opposition.

Scott, I too supported Ted throughout the primary in 2016. I still like his take from a constitutional and economic positions. Really sorry he has bought into this stuff in any way.
sinned
Levergunner

Post by sinned »