Thoughts And Prayers

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Thoughts And Prayers

Post by Blaine »

Just so you know, the people that offer thoughts and prayers on the forum are offering thoughts and prayers for those that openly ridicule and demean those that offer thoughts and prayers. That's how we roll. 8)
At The End Of The Day, The Pawn & King Go Back In The Same Box

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Thoughts And Prayers

Post by Grizz »

that's thoughtful Blaine. I'll pray about it too. :D
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Blaine wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:15 pm
Just so you know, the people that offer thoughts and prayers on the forum are offering thoughts and prayers for those that openly ridicule and demean those that offer thoughts and prayers. That's how we roll. 8)
i doubt you intended it but it kind of, sort of has that peter piper tongue twisting quality about it.....
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Blaine wrote:
i doubt you intended it but it kind of, sort of has that peter piper tongue twisting quality about it.....
Alliteration is a speciality.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Blaine wrote:
It behooves those of us who pray and think about what that means to also be careful of how we address those who think differently from us. Offering thoughts and prayers while demeaning those who do not yet understand there is a genuine spiritual dimension to this universe we abide in is counter productive and creates even more barriers than those that existed before.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AmBraCol wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:46 pm
Blaine wrote:
It behooves those of us who pray and think about what that means to also be careful of how we address those who think differently from us. Offering thoughts and prayers while demeaning those who do not yet understand there is a genuine spiritual dimension to this universe we abide in is counter productive and creates even more barriers than those that existed before.
Got it. So, offering thoughts and prayers for those that openly make fun of those of us that offer them is somehow demeaning to them?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AmBraCol wrote:
Well said.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Location: Across the pond but visible from a tall tree in Maine.

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:57 pm
AmBraCol wrote:
Well said.
Amen.
To anger a Conservative lie to him, to anger a Liberal tell him the truth.

Marry a short Gal and keep yer guns on the top shelf, she still might get yer but you'll hear the chair dragging across the floor.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'll third that.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Blaine wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:02 pm
AmBraCol wrote:
Blaine wrote:
Got it. So, offering thoughts and prayers for those that openly make fun of those of us that offer them is somehow demeaning to them?
Kind of like turning the other cheek. As Christians we should prayer for those that need our prayers the most - those who ridicule believers being high on that list. Remember, Jesus came to save the lost...
Old Savage
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Savage »

Well, aren’t you all ever so wise in your own eyes ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm just trying to live up to it!!!

(I will admit, I fail miserably turning the other cheek, and it gets harder as the years go on...)
Old Savage
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Savage »

Have you looked to see what this is originally about?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Savage wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:47 pm
Channeling an absent friend, are we?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote:
Old Savage wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Thank you OS,

To stop any confusion for those who see this post, it is directed at me I believe for a remark made in another post.
Because of this remark, it was assumed I was insulting everyone's faith and moral fortitude, and was obviously a non-believer myself.

Not that it is anyone's business, but as an attempt to clear up any misunderstandings for those who only interested in the truth of the matter.....
I was born, baptized, confirmed, married, and live as a catholic and Christian. I served as an unmolested altar boy for several years in my youth. My sons were also raised as such. In those decades, however, I became very disillusioned with the machine that is the "church".
I am very much a believer and follower of Christ. That being said, I also have come to some of my own conclusions over the years, and will take all responsibility for them.
First, I think the Lord is much more interested in how we individually live our lives from day to day and interact with our fellow man. I think he cares not one whit what building we are standing in, what man made rules we follow, or what is on the chain around our neck. These clubs and organizations are tools of man and brought about by his petty insecurities to give a sense of belonging, inclusion, and status. In short, exactly what the Lord teaches against. It has gotten every bit as corrupt as any government. And for the same reasons.
Words of man are very cheap. Even more so in the age of social media. I too, fail our Lord in this. Because I am VERY dubious of my fellow man and his organizations.
I hope this clears up any confusion for those who genuinely didn't understand what had transpired.
Thank you, and I apologize for any disruption I may have caused.
Be nice.....it's more important than truth.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

OldWin wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 am
Old Savage wrote:
Old Savage wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:21 pm
I think the Lord is much more interested in how we individually live our lives from day to day and interact with our fellow man.

Well stated. Anyone who takes time to read and meditate on the Gospel accounts of Jesus' life will come to the same conclusion. And that is what we seek to foment here on the forum.

<ctrl> + <a>
<backspace>

That is far better in many cases than clicking <Submit> following an emotionally fueled diatribe against another. The Good Lord knows I've used it a lot, probably not enough though.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Old Savage wrote:

Not me. :D Can't speak for anyone else. But I do know where to go when my foolish heart finally decides to seek wisdom. :idea: And it sure enough isn't to my own counsel. :?
Paul - in Pereira