What if you had Covid AND took the shot?

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Scott Tschirhart
Senior Levergunner

What if you had Covid AND took the shot?

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I had Covid last March-April. It was rough, but we came through it just fine.

When the Moderna shot (I don't think it is a vaccine) was available I took my two jabs and got sick both times for a couple of days.

I have read that those who had Covid have a pretty good immunity. Has there been any study that looks at people who have had Covid and the shots and how that may affect them?

Thanks in advance.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: What if you had Covid AND took the shot?

Post by wecsoger »

Have some not very useful comments for you...

Several folks I know had the shot (don't know which version) and still got the 'rona.

Fortunately, none involved a hospital intervention.

Symptoms from mildly inconvenient to being miserable for 7 - 10 days.

I'm *guessing* having the 'synthetic' antibodies helped in fighting off the more severe symptoms.

One guy I know had it back in March.

He's morbidly curious and is going by for an antibody test every month.

Six months later he's still going good for the antibodies. So that's interesting for natural immunity, he's not fading. Yet.

As with everyone involved with this, the effects of both the disease and the shots are all over the map.

I've said before there's a Nobel prize in medicine for someone who can show through genetics or other factors what's causing the variability.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Similar experience with the Pfizer vac. Second one was worse than the first.

There's a Cleveland Clinic study, about immunity after infection.

https://citizenwells.com/2021/06/10/cle ... reactions/
This was out after I was vaccinated. My Doc at the C.C. told me at the time that they didn't know how long the immunity would last. Could be six months to lifetime. So it was entirely up to me. I've been vaccinated for everything I know of except shingles. That's next not that I'm old enough.
I've seen what that does to people. I want no part of it!

After I recovered from a respiratory infection that almost killed me (and didn't because of the people at the Cleveland Clinic), I read a lot about these types of illnesses. Airborne infections like Covid-19 continue to evolve until eventually they become no more harmful than a common cold. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this thing will be with us for a very long time in one variant after another

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I had the two Pfizer jabs....no reaction to them.
Very early winter 2020, I had every single sign of having WuFlu. I just thought it was my annual flu/pneumonia dance. Very hard to breath, but, I had the same thing about 6 years ago before(?) rona came loose. Beats me. :?
I think we're all going to get it eventually regardless of vax status. The antibodies after getting it seems to be better than the vax.
Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

In general, what we have seen with pretty much all other infections, is that the natural infection gives you better immunity than the vaccine, though obviously the downside is you have to endure the sickness and any risk it imposes. Many people currently feel that for an otherwise healthy young person who is willing to take the appropriate medications such as ivermectin or whatever, it is actually safer to get the infection than the vaccine. Regardless, either gives some immunity, but it appears that the natural infection gives better immunity and also reduces the likelihood of being an asymptomatic carrier.

What that latter sentence translates to is that the sanctimonious people who have gotten vaccinated and try to blame the pandemic on the unvaccinated may have it backwards. It may in fact be that those who have had the vaccine (only) are actually more likely to breed and spread new strains of the virus. Those who have had the infection are the least likely of all to catch the virus again or spread it.

if the way you measure immunity is how high the titer is of a specific antibody to the spike protein, and you compare a virus infection survivor versus someone who got a vaccine designed to induce that specific antibody to the spike protein, you can obviously "prove" the vaccine is wonderfully effective. That is what the liars do who insist that vaccines give you better immunity than natural infection. On the other hand, if you define immunity as the ability to be exposed to the infection and not get sick (and perhaps nor become an asymptomatic carrier), then those who have been infected clearly have superior immunity to those who've been vaccinated.

...you'll notice I've meandered and haven't really answered the original question though... :D

I don't think we have any real good clinical data that shows one way or another whether being vaccinated after the infection does much good or much harm. Theoretically it puts you at a higher risk for vaccine reactions that could be harmful, but one could also expect a slightly higher immune response as a result. Personally, I would not have taken the risk of the vaccine after having the infection because I wouldn't see enough benefit to offset the risk. On the other hand, I wouldn't lose much sleep about it because for one thing what's done is done, and it sounds like you tolerated the vaccine well enough.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

Does anyone remember the super bad cold that was a problem about 20 years ago? It killed a few very young children. It was a coronavirus. They have been around for a long time.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

One thing nobody wants to talk about much is that if you have a low platelet count you should steer clear of the shot. It can produce some bad results.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Well I admit I dont care if I get the former and no intention to get the latter. 1.5 million folks in the US die of obesity related complaints a year and they hand out free burgers for getting the shot. :?
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Right after Thanksgiving in 2019 My Wife got sick with all the symptoms of covid. All the local doctors had no idea what was wrong with Her. not the flu, not strep , but She was in misery and could hardly breath. several trips to the Dr. and all we got was :shock: . She was sick for three weeks. then a few months later the news said that covid was here . :roll: .
This June She got the J & J single shot and had a sore arm for two days.
Scott Tschirhart
Senior Levergunner

I'm impressed how both the virus and the shot affect different people so differently.

Right now they are talking about giving my wife to get a third Moderna shot. I don't intend to take any more jabs. I have been jabbed enough.
TraderVic
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TraderVic »

I normally do not get the annual flu vaccine. Last May (2020) I had open heart surgery for a valve replacement. Due to my very weakened immune system, I got the two Pfizer shots. I had a slightly sore arm for about two days both times, that was all. I plan to get a booster when the eight months is up.

I remember standing in line for the Polio vaccine back in the 50's (I'm 68). A small sugar cube with a drop of vaccine applied to the cube. I remember what Polio did to kids, I knew a few who were stricken and disabled by it.

I'm surprised by the number of people who refuse the vaccine, yet the hospitals are maxed out by very sick unvaccinated people.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

I had Covid back in March '20. Had the J&J this March, sore arm for a few days and felt a bit achy. Spent the last two weeks of last month with the visiting Delta fairy. Same symptoms as the March '20 version, but in a "lite" version. Just seemed like it lasted longer than the origional though. 10 days vs a full two weeks.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have 4 friends now who got one of the various vaccines earlier this year, yet got sick with covid anyway. So it seems the vaccines are not that effective.
I was around 3 of the 4 when they were contagious according to the doctors they saw, so I was contacted to warn me to "quarantine" after contact. I never got it from them, and I'm not vaccinated. So I have no idea how this all works?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

My Brother-In-Law recently had it. He even had the aching lkidneys. His fever broke on day ten. He has not had any lingering effects. My Sister never did get it.

With me being one of the unusual adult onset type 1 diabetics, it wad kind of rough on me. Until I took the Ivermectin, I was getting worse every day.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I had the rona in November 2020. I then had the Moderna shots in January and February ( no adverse reaction) although most of my co-workers got reactions from the second shot. I have an unscientific opinion that this virus varies based on your blood type. Some blood types seem to be much more resistant to infections than others based on residents in nursing homes I review. I have seen husband and wife teams living in the same room, one gets it and the other does not though tested multiple times. I also have MANY concerns with the PCR test. The guy that invented it and won a Nobel prize for it in the 1980's, said it was not the right test for this virus, as it would give many false positives, due to detecting dead virus, other virus ect. The CDC recently declared they aren't trusting the PCR test as it is unreliable for COVID-19....REALLY 20 MONTHS LATER!!!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
TraderVic
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TraderVic »

Regarding the effectiveness of these vaccines, it is my understanding they should prevent virus infection 90% of the time. So, 10 out of 100 people can still get sick, however, your sickness won't require hospitalization.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

marlinman93 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 am
I have 4 friends now who got one of the various vaccines earlier this year, yet got sick with covid anyway. So it seems the vaccines are not that effective.
I was around 3 of the 4 when they were contagious according to the doctors they saw, so I was contacted to warn me to "quarantine" after contact. I never got it from them, and I'm not vaccinated. So I have no idea how this all works?
I have seen evidence that the contents in the #jab get altered from batch to batch, which is why the doctors who are working to save people who get the run-away immune system killYa reaction in a year or two. they have to know the batch number to know what you actually got.
idea how this all works?
what I think happened, [i am not a doctor, but i do get 1st aid], is that your immune system protected you perfectly and you are immune to what's going on these days. I recovered from annoying but mild symptoms, and think I am somewhat immune.

BTW I recently saw a statistic that 80% of the U.S. population have antibodies already, which might be in the range of herd immunity.

Hope this passes Dr AJ's analysis .......................... :)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

You know, I can find equally qualified and degreed experts on both sides of the vaccine question. So, who’s right?

Personally, and this only applies to me, I know I would likely be dead if it weren’t for vaccinations. Other than transient minor symptoms I have never had an issue with them.

So I elect to be vaccinated.

As to masks, they don’t protect you. They keep you from infecting others. The inconvenience seems a small thing to prevent someone from becoming ill.

All of the other things like proper sanitation are just good practices.

I did find it interesting that last flu season was pretty light. I imagine the precautions to prevent the spread of Covid had a hand in this.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Mask is also keeping me from spreading dengue fever, small pox, bubonic plague and the clap I guess.
Slow is just slow.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

I have had the two AstraZeneca shots . . . no side effects at all.
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

cas wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:58 pm
Mask is also keeping me from spreading dengue fever, small pox, bubonic plague and the clap I guess.
That is a different type of mask to stop the spread of the clap. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

You know, I can find equally qualified and degreed experts on both sides of the vaccine question. So, who’s right?
good question! the ones who are telling the truth and getting heavily censored are right. the ones who are twisting the data, lying continuously, the ones who are responsible for tens of thousands of needless deaths, and the ones who are trying to herd every single human into the vax camp are wrong. they are in fact criminals committing murder.

trusting anyone because of his degree and 'expertism' is the quickest way to get suckered into total stark raving ignorance.

truth is binary and can be tested but, sadly, people prefer to believe lies
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Personally, and this only applies to me, I know I would likely be dead if it weren’t for vaccinations. Other than transient minor symptoms I have never had an issue with them.

So I elect to be vaccinated.

As to masks, they don’t protect you. They keep you from infecting others. The inconvenience seems a small thing to prevent someone from becoming ill.

All of the other things like proper sanitation are just good practices.

I did find it interesting that last flu season was pretty light. I imagine the precautions to prevent the spread of Covid had a hand in this.
Do consider the source of income of the people doing the speaking on such topics though. If a physician works for big pharma, or is a 'hospital employee' (as most are now), they are TOLD what to advocate for, and the big pharma gives HUGE rebates barely skirting kickback laws, to hospitals for using the 'right' drug or vaccine. Governments are given HUGE discounted contracts for using given products. So some 'experts' are a bit tainted.

As for masks AS USED IN THE ORDINARY COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT, there is good evidence that they do NOT work to 'protect others', and some evidence to suggest they make things WORSE. It is easy to assume they must 'be better than nothing', but there are a number of reasons that they may also be WORSE than nothing. I'm buried in work (yeah, on a Saturday, because I refuse to take the $5,000-a-week pay I could get if I sold my integrity to the nearest hospital and became a 50 hr/wk 'employee'), or I'd write an essay and include references. They are out there, but you'd not find much with 'Google' - you'd have to use Duck-Duck-Go or something.

Suffice it to say that 'masking' in the context of a well-trained hospital staff member, as PART of a gown, glove, hairnet, shoe-cover, laminar-flow, hand-washing-stations environment and team DOES protect others. So is it useful to have an infrared laser target designator and night vision equipment for a Navy Seal team going in to clear an area in the middle of the night. But masks as worn alone, out in public environments, and often not individually fitted or even put on correctly, is just like clipping that laser target designator on a double-barrel shotgun - it might look cool, but adds NOTHING useful.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Next time somebody tells you that you should get vaccinated, simply ask one question. Will you take care of me, and my family if I have a bad reaction, and I can no longer function normally?
If the person tells you yes, then put it in writing, and have them sign it. If they're sure there's no problem then they should be tickled to sign the letter as they know it works, and you wont have any bad reaction. If they wont sign it, they'll likely make light of the letter, or tease you for asking them to sign it. But they'll never admit it's because they're worried they might have to fulfill the promise they signed.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I've had the covid and been in the hospital covid area for a four day stay. The covid doctors that came and seen me in my room wore respirators not N-95 mask but half face respirators. That told me that they personally have no faith in mask even though they may say different in public. My family Dr. didn't sound to impressed when the vaccine first came out. However later he advised me to get the vaccine and took it himself. The hospital he works for mandated it so if he wanted his job he had to get it. I have had the Maderna but I won't take a third dose of it. I have a cough that come and goes now but I don't know if it's from covid or something else. I don't know who to believe because too many lies have been flung around about this because of politics. I do know mask will not protect you from getting the covid. Because I got it when we had a mask mandate going on and you had to wear them in public places. If you want mask protection get a half faced respirator properly fit and osha approved hepa filters.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This guy took the shot THEN had CoVid - and the doctor isn't allowed to find out if it was Delta variant or not - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... disclosed/

All this while the government is attempting to FORCE 'major employers' to require employee vaccination - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ses-video/

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The latest is that natural immunity is the best protection....The twist is that you have to catch it and recover first. :lol:
I had a really BAD SARS several years ago and my lungs suck....I'm not sure I could make it thru another round of that "pelosi".
On the other hand, early in 2020 I suspect I had "it" but it never went to my lungs. I don't think anybody knows anything for sure. :roll:
Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
Scott Tschirhart
Senior Levergunner

TraderVic wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:05 am
Regarding the effectiveness of these vaccines, it is my understanding they should prevent virus infection 90% of the time. So, 10 out of 100 people can still get sick, however, your sickness won't require hospitalization.
I'm not so sure. Locally, one of my clients was fully vaccinated. He came to the Sheriff's conference here in San Antonio last month, then went back to Gonzales County and died of the Covid.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coro ... 54903.html
piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

CoVid is a SARS virus. Blaine, you should have some immunity. Maybe not full immunity, but it should be something.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Sixgun »

Take it for what it's worth.......

The only knowledge anyone knows is what we are told or read. Only Fauci and his cronies know the truth...maybe.

History has shown that the ones in power NEVER tell the whole truth when death or destruction is on our doorstep.

My wife's family has three acquaintances that have died in the last two weeks, all healthy people in their forties and fifties.....several more are incapacitated long term with blood clots and breathing issues.

There's a reason why the ones in power are mandating so called "vaccinations".

There's 7 billion people in this world and farming technology is at its peak.

The only time my wife and I leave the house is for necessities..and then with extreme caution.

No one comes over here except my two kids and one of them lives in Colorado.....no exceptions.....good bye and don't come back.

If you believe the news, the government or are not prepared to take care of yourself, add your name to a tombstone.

This Covid is NEVER going to go away.
S&W 32-20 DOM 1906
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The biggest problem I have that has resulted in severe illnesses is that medications need to be started immediately, and when it is anything unusual, not even ivermectin, but medications like cyproheptadine or fluvoxamine, or nebulize glutathione, it takes time for the pharmacy to order it and dispense it, or there is a delay because insurance wants a prior authorization even though the ivermectin and cyproheptadine and flovoxamine are inexpensive and it’s better to just pay out-of-pocket for them and not involve insurance. People wait 24 hours or sometimes several days for those kind of issues to be taken care of, and the end result may be that they going to the hospital and have a bad outcome I’ll because of a 24 or 48 hour delay in getting the medications. I think it’s almost better to get the medications and I have them on hand so that you can take them If and when you get infected. Up until two weeks ago I never had a pharmacy refuse to fill ivermectin, but several of the pharmacies in Indianapolis are now refusing.

The ones that do that I send a different prescription elsewhere for the patient, but then send the pharmacy an email notice regarding the unfilled prescription that says “knowing that off label prescribing is commonplace and standard practice, refusing to fill a doctors prescription for treatment of a potentially lethal illness is something we will carefully note in the patient’s medical record. The patient and their family have been advised that if there is a bad outcome this delay caused by you will need to be dealt with if there is litigation.”

Most of the pharmacists Who get my prescriptions seem not to have a problem with them. I do include medical literature references (in the ‘comment’ field of the e-prescription) supporting the off label use of all four of those medications, and any others I may use to treat Covid. A few pharmacists have thanked me for providing the references.

piller
Advanced Levergunner

Post by piller »

Ivermectin oral tablets are now in short supply. Pharmacies are being limited in total amount per day being sent to them by the suppliers. There are a lot of Doctors prescribing it and nebulized steroids now. The last prescription I saw questioned was for 720 of the 3mg tablets for a 5 day course for 1 patient.
D. Brian Casady