Stupid snowflake crybabies

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Ysabel Kid

Stupid snowflake crybabies

Post by Ysabel Kid »

So, I re-watched one of my favorite movies of all time last week, "The Last of the Mohicans" (1992 version). Decided to watch some of the other versions to see how close they were to James Fenimore Cooper's original work and to one another. I ended up watching the 1920 silent version first. The 1992 version was largely based on the screenplay for the 1936 version starring none-other-than Randolph Scott. That was next, and I ended up having to watch it over two sessions via Amazon Prime.

So when I restarted it where I had left off, a warning come up for the "usual" things... like violence. Also - perish the thought - tobacco use. But then the kicker - they warned the fragile, stupid little snowflake pukes that they may be exposed to... horrors... "brownface".

Yes, I kid you not. I'm sure it sent most of them to the fainting couch. Or they couldn't stomach to watch it in the first place.

I am just so disgusted with most of our country today... :evil: :evil: :evil:
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Stupid snowflake crybabies

Post by lthardman »

I agree totally, Jay. I am absolutely disgusted by cancel culture and the politically correct rhetoric that has replaced free speech. While those in protected classes can say (or do) anything, those not in a protected class can/will be punished for even the perception of a slight uttered decades ago.

By the way, I love the 1992 version. Some beautiful scenery, great artillery scenes, and the final showdown between Chingachgook and Magua is outstanding.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Location: Across the pond but visible from a tall tree in Maine.

Post by gamekeeper »

I couldn't agree more, I see warnings on TV that because the following program was made in the 1970s language and attitudes may be offensive. The only thing I find offensive is the stupid warning...
To anger a Conservative lie to him, to anger a Liberal tell him the truth.
Theodore Roosevelt.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We have taught an entire generation that they should be offended by anything and everything. They think that it it their duty to become offensive and violent at every perceived slight or minor disagreement with their world view. When you let les Enfants Terrible be in charge, your Bete Noir is released.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

as my Dad would have said, "the inmates are in charge of the insane asylum".
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Location: Across the pond but visible from a tall tree in Maine.

Post by gamekeeper »

Grizz wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am
as my Dad would have said, "the inmates are in charge of the insane asylum".
You Dad was quite right...how so many loonies ever got so much power is a mystery to me.
To anger a Conservative lie to him, to anger a Liberal tell him the truth.
Theodore Roosevelt.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

On many Sundays we hike where the woodland/waterfall scenes were filmed.
Don’t let it get to you buddy. This great nation will survive this. Think of the obviousness to the youth of today. My granddaughter (12) sees the ignorance without it being pointed out. She’ll be righting things soon. That pendulum will swing back. You and I will survive this.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://schoolsucksproject.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

"Dam Busters" is the next on the chopping block.... If only they had named that dog, say, George Washington Carver. :lol:
Studies Have Shown That Chubby People Live Far Longer Than Those That Make Fun Of Them :twisted:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

lthardman wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 pm
I agree totally, Jay. I am absolutely disgusted by cancel culture and the politically correct rhetoric that has replaced free speech. While those in protected classes can say (or do) anything, those not in a protected class can/will be punished for even the perception of a slight uttered decades ago.

By the way, I love the 1992 version. Some beautiful scenery, great artillery scenes, and the final showdown between Chingachgook and Magua is outstanding.
You'll enjoy this Gary. My son, known here as "Y2K" (now almost 23; hard to believe) watched the 1992 version with me for the first time when he was about 3 years old. I did cover his eyes for a few scenes, but not too much. As the English surrendered Fort William Henry and started their ill-fated march, they entered the glen between the two tree lines. Even before you saw the Huron warriors in among the trees, my son looks up at me (he was in my lap) and said "oh-oh Daddy".

He understood an ambush was coming!

Man did that make me proud! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We no longer have a right to free speech, worshiping our choice of God, owning or bearing firearms, habeas corpus, freedom from search and seizure, or equal rights regardless of race or gender.....but we DO have the 'right' to not be 'offended'.... :roll: I am not a huge Milo Yiannopoulos fan, but his response when a SJW asked him "...but what about those who find what you say or how you say it, to be offensive...???" was pretty much what I'd have said. "...they can go self-copulate..." - although he said it in a more common vernacular... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I got in trouble at work for voicing My opinion of How to treat stray cats. one of the fruitcakes was about in tears when I explained what the 3's program is. didn't like "shoot a cat save a songbird " either. :shock: . tough life in the country.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A long time ago, I worked for the City Parks and Recreation department for a summer. One day out at the city league ballfields someone broke an ankle in a ground squirrel hole. The next day, I took a hose and ran water down the hole until the striped nuisance popped its head up. A quick beheading with a Buck 110, and the problem did not happen again that year. Problem was that someone saw me and reported it to the boss. He called it morbid. I guess he would prefer to have the people out there just playing for fun to break an ankle. :roll:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost