Morning after second Moderna vaccination

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Morning after second Moderna vaccination

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, true to form I woke up this morning with a low-grade fever and aching all over after getting a last-minute call from the state of New Mexico that a slot had opened up at the local Walmart. Nothing a tumbler of Jack and some aspirin won't cure eh? What the heck, I am retired.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Morning after second Moderna vaccination

Post by marlinman93 »

Be careful, and don't be on your feet too much until you feel well! Have a friend who got his 2nd Moderna shot and is a bachelor too. He went home and appears he got dizzy later, and fell and hit his head. Someone checked on him later and found him dead from blood loss after the head injury. So don't be running around until you feel much better.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Wow. Sympathies, guys.

I got the Pfizer two-shot. First one, minor soreness and itching at injection site. Second one, no reaction.

There's a Nobel prize in medicine for someone who figures out why the reactions, symptoms, and outcomes are all over the place.
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

My wife got the Moderna series.

First shot....sore arm.

Second shot and she was laid up with mild fever and aches for two days.
Pitchy
Posting leader...

Post by Pitchy »

Best to ya Bill, prayers up.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Villains always make themselves the victims.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:35 am
Well, true to form I woke up this morning with a low-grade fever and aching all over...
The RN who gave me #1 Moderna told me "older folks tolerate this better than younger ones". My wife, who is an MA ,says it's due to younger folks having much stronger immune systems, so their body's response is more intense. I had a sniffle and a slightly sore arm on day #2 and have been fine afterwards. My son, half my age (is a school counselor, so he was eligible to get the shots) was slightly ill with flu-like symptoms after shot #1 and took a sick day after shot #2.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

#2 Pfizer a couple hours ago....Not expecting any problems, but, I'll stay home today. 8)
Studies Have Shown That Chubby People Live Far Longer Than Those That Make Fun Of Them :twisted:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Be careful. One customer got dizzy from a new medicine and fell against his coffee table. We warned him about the potential dizziness, but he lost his right eye from the damage. When you get dizzy, sit immediately.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894cfan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894cfan »

Didn't get tested, didn't get the shots, most times no mask! Still not sick for a year, and I've been trying! I could stand to lose a bit of weight. :? :roll: BTW, I'm 66.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

No issues with the first Pfizer. Get the second tomorrow. I'm usually the one that responds poorly to vaccines. The Shingles put me down for three days. Flu shots usually make me feel poorly for a day or two. Then again when I received the military vaccine blitz all those years ago I was one sick puppy. Not that the instructors let up one darned bit. I imagine today a kid would be given a month off to recover. Either that or he'd report that the instructor was being mean.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

I got the Johnson & Johnson shot on the 8th. I woke up at 1:10 with chills and congestion. I couldn't get back to sleep until I pulled out a heavy blanket. Woke up the next morning with a 99.7 low grade fever. Had some very minor body aches during the day but felt fine otherwise. My wife got her shot at the same time and had no problems other than a sore arm.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:44 am
There's a Nobel prize in medicine for someone who figures out why the reactions, symptoms, and outcomes are all over the place.
Because it is an EXPERIMENTAL type of vaccine, not used in humans before, and it induces YOUR cells to produce the antigen that your immune system is supposed to attack. Perhaps that will turn out to be a good idea, perhaps not; plenty of knowledgeable scientists and medical people think the latter. If it weren't for the "news" media and the hysteria and distortion they have whipped up for political reasons, this vaccine would still be being researched, and we would be using treatment to prevent people from getting so gravely ill, instead of just telling them "...go home and isolate until you get short of breath, then come back and we'll admit you and put you on a ventilator..." :roll: Yes, the vaccine(s) should be options, but the frantic and dishonest way they've been pushed on people, and any other options dismissed and discouraged, is shameful. But the modus operandi of government has always been to make people afraid, then offer a 'solution', in exchange for money or power or both. We laugh at the liberals irrational fear of oceans rising over coastal city rooftops due to Al Gore's 'climate change' yet here we are with CoVid, doing whatever Fauci says...!

I'm amazed how many otherwise sensible people are following Fauci's advice, given his documented history - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... loses-job/.

Of course we all know that "Biden's Vaccine" he single-handedly developed and distributed, will suddenly become "Trump's Vaccine" if and when it is found to cause auto-immune disease flares or coagulopathy or some other dire side-effect. Perhaps that was part of the plan; who knows. Hopefully it WILL be safe, but people need to know it is VERY different from anything we've done before. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Fauci has no credibility far as I'm concerned.

What I meant by previous comment was it's morbidly interestingto the wildly different reactions to the shots. And yes, I'm v. aware it's experimental.

Ditto for the reactions people have to the disease, ranging from no symptoms at all to a quick hospital visit and then the morgue.

Other than the death rate due to age or other factors (obesity, diabetes, lung issues) even so-called healthy people have different reactions.

Conspiracy theory here, maybe someone was tinkering with the virus to make it affect non-Han Chinese in a worse fashion and they didn't get it quite right. (this time)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

wecsoger wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:29 pm
Fauci has no credibility far as I'm concerned.

What I meant by previous comment was it's morbidly interestingto the wildly different reactions to the shots. And yes, I'm v. aware it's experimental.

Ditto for the reactions people have to the disease, ranging from no symptoms at all to a quick hospital visit and then the morgue.

Other than the death rate due to age or other factors (obesity, diabetes, lung issues) even so-called healthy people have different reactions.

Conspiracy theory here, maybe someone was tinkering with the virus to make it affect non-Han Chinese in a worse fashion and they didn't get it quite right. (this time)
Sounds about on par for the old flu.....A few were deadly, and a few of them not so bad.
Flu kills when it gets into the lungs. Ditto Covid. YMMV.
Studies Have Shown That Chubby People Live Far Longer Than Those That Make Fun Of Them :twisted:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I still don't get it......no condescending to the ones who have taken it but I can't see the rationale of having something injected into your body when your healthy. Besides, it's not a vaccine, it's nothing more than a regular flu shot that people take every year...

I have yet to see any member of my family or my wife's who has taken it and we are not....my daughter, with a masters in bio chemistry told us to stay away from it........ok, your 85 and in a nursing home on your last leg, then get it. Personally if I was in a nursing home at 85, who cares.
Snakes
jkbrea
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jkbrea »

My doc recommended I get a regular flu shot a few months back. She said it may help if I got covid. The next day I had chills, aching shoulders and tired. I thought it was from the flu shot. After three days I went in and got tested for covid. It was positive. By the time I got the results, the quarantine time was over. It was very mild. I just bundled up and slept alot. I've had worse colds. That's not to diminish what others have gone through or suffered. I have antibodies now so I don't see the purpose of getting a vaccine. Especially for a flu that's 99.whatever % survivable. I may be wrong.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just like the flu, some have light and some have severe symptoms. Additionally, it is only a small percentage who die from either one. PillHer had symptoms for 2 days. I lost my sense of taste, was down for almost 2 weeks, and am still having some breathing issues. I do happen to be an insulin dependent diabetic. My health issues are certainly why it hit me kind of hard. Still, I survived it. It just does not seem to be dangerous enough to warrant all the shutdowns.
D. Brian Casady
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, I am feeling back to normal this morning. I honestly don't mind being among the test pool for RNA messenger vaccines. I hope that when we look back on this pandemic and all the pharmacological and epidemiological lessons learned, it will be mostly positive. Only time will tell.
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'm concerned about the civil liberties aspect of this.

You want to get it, good for you. If you don't, I have no problem with that either.

What I fear is that the government will place restrictions on those who will not comply.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Experimental vaccines with no manufacturer liability.

I sincerely hope that they are the solution to the problem.

Most of the gentlemen on this board are of an age where long-term negative side affects will be of little consequence.

I'm hoping that teenagers and and children subjected to these genetic experiments don't end up sterile, physically disabled, or worse.

Me... I'll wait until I have no choice but to accept because I am not allowed to travel or to otherwise conduct normal business.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Scott Tschirhart wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:35 am
I'm concerned about the civil liberties aspect of this.

You want to get it, good for you. If you don't, I have no problem with that either.

What I fear is that the government will place restrictions on those who will not comply.
That's exactly how I feel about this whole covid, and vaccine debacle. It seems to have reached a point where the government is doing everything they can to force people to do what they want. And in doing so they've taken away the freedoms from anyone who doesn't comply.
I see a point in the near future where anyone who isn't carrying papers in their wallet will not be allowed to fly, or enter government buildings, or participate in certain activities. Remember those old films of Nazis at the train station asking everyone for their papers?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if this Covid virus research led to a cold virus cure??
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was in the hospital for the first 2 weeks in Dec. Got carried out of the house on a stretcher. I'm not taking the vaccine I have low platelets and that has caused problems for some people even though they aren't talking about it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Rusty, issues such as yours are serious at any time. Getting sick with an infection what lowers your ability to get oxygen into your body is very dangerous. It does appear that this CoVid is most dangerous to those with underlying health issues.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Got a call from a friend this morning. His brother in law got his 2nd Moderna vaccine Friday, and passed away Sunday from flu like complications from the vaccine. He was 67 yrs. old, and in good health prior to the 2nd shot.
Wonder why we don't hear the news covering these things? They covered every covid "related" death before the vaccine hit the market. Even if it was questionable it got covered as covid related. Now just crickets is all we hear!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The government will never be able to lawfully say you HAVE to have any kind of a vaccine, flu shot, whatever. You just won't be able to do certain things like fly. For over a million years mankind was never able to fly until the last hundred years and they all seemed to get through it.

Government buildings? Who works for the government? :D

As far as going to sports stadiums, I don't know anybody who does go.

In other words, for every restriction the government gives us you put it right back on their lap......it how we dealt with management as a Teamster.
Snakes
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

A woman who was a second mom to me died Tuesday morning from Covid complications, and my honey's 41-year-old nephew is fighting for oxygen in a Seattle hospital with Covid. This thing is real.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bill in Oregon wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:51 pm
A woman who was a second mom to me died Tuesday morning from Covid complications, and my honey's 41-year-old nephew is fighting for oxygen in a Seattle hospital with Covid. This thing is real.
:( I don't personally know anyone who's passed from it.
But, people that won't recognize the danger are morons.
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

:( I don't personally know anyone who's passed from it.
But, people that won't recognize the danger are morons.
[/quote]

Are you speaking of the danger in not taking the vaccine or the danger in taking it?

I see both...
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I know several folks that have died from the covid and my wife and I both have had it. My wife works with a lady and her husband had the covid and is now on ecmo and waiting on a lunge transplant. He is only 43 and as far as we know had no health problems before he contracted the virus. My wife has had the vaccine because she is a RN but so far I haven't had it and still on the fence about it. My family doctor isn't pushing any of the vaccines and seems kind of leery about it. I know I don't want it again after the ten weeks of being in misery and four days in the hospital. But none of the vaccines are a 100% so there is no way of not getting it again for sure. So far I'm like Rand Paul, I won't say I'm not getting the vaccine but I'm not going to rush out to be first in line either. I pray that the vaccines are a good thing and don't cause any problems long term for people.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Have a good friend whose wife got covid, and she has COPD from decades of smoking. She was hospitalized for a week, and then back home and fully recovered now. Age 82 yrs. old.
What puzzled me is she got it, but he didn't, even though they share a bed and a home? What puzzled me further is her having COPD seemed like a sure death sentence, yet she recovered quickly.
I don't think anybody can tell anyone that anything is for sure with covid. Anymore than they can with the vaccine, or with any flu virus. The only thing that should be for sure is everyone's right to make their own decisions regarding this.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I’ve had lots of patients and friends with CoVid, and agree it is “real”. A few patients and a couple friends have died from it, as well.

That doesn’t mean the vaccine is safe, or even safer than getting the virus. (nor does it mean it is dangerous, either)

When anything is pushed with such political pressure, and selective or distorted data, it is good to be skeptical.

On a related note, I thought I had my first two patients get CoVid despite being on ivermectin prophylactically, but it turns out neither one took the drug; one didn’t want to spend the $42 for a month worth (so spent ten days in ICU), and the other got talked out of it by a relative who is a nurse, and got the vaccine instead, then got CoVid a few days later, and is out of the hospital but still on oxygen. Neither was given melatonin, either...! Some hospital docs are aware one fairly decent (retrospective) study showed melatonin reduced deaths by 87% in CoVid patients who were intubated, but others evidently don’t read medical journals or listen to pharmacists, so just think it is a ‘sleep aid’... :roll: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33083812/

Here is a brief explanation of melatonin's mechanism to help the 'cytokine storm' of CoVid19 - https://youtu.be/MO6NW14BTWw?t=719

Anyway, whether on the “trust the experts; take a gamble on the vaccine” side or the “trust the other experts and avoid it like the plague” side, I’d strongly consider a protocol like the “I-MASK+” one (discuss with your individual physicians so they can help tailor the protocol to YOUR situation and other health issues) in the interim.

Do an internet search for Dr. Mobeen and ivermectin and vitamin D and melatonin, or combinations of those, or Dr. Kory, and you will quickly know more than most doctors who aren’t bothering to read the journal literature.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The first polio vaccines were not the greatest, and they cause some problems with people, including some that died.
The world is now mostly polio free.
Moron was a poor choice of words, and I'm sorry.
Find the persons responsible for releasing this virus and put them
in front of me...I'll be glad to rid the world of those people.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Received the second Pfizer yesterday. Stiff and sore arm. That's it. Wife had the second Moderna today, so far no reaction other than a sore arm.

As to whether to get the vaccine or not, I figure it's a personal decision. But we should just open things back up and those that don't take the vaccine have to deal with the consequences. Just don't punish those who are vaccinated by restricting our movements.

There is evidence in the Small Pox vaccine that a virus can be totally eliminated from the species. Of course, now there is some fear that Small Pox could be weaponized and kill off quite a few younger folks. Then again, we haven't had a good die off since the Spanish flu.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

There are still people who work with cattle, so smallpox won't kill off the entire population.
D. Brian Casady
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

marlinman93 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:46 am
I see a point in the near future where anyone who isn't carrying papers in their wallet will not be allowed to fly, or enter government buildings, or participate in certain activities. Remember those old films of Nazis at the train station asking everyone for their papers?
But we'll have total freedom to VOTE without showing any papers. And we'll be able to sue anybody who does ask us for those papers before voting. Ahhh such Freedom brought to us by Mrs Pelosi and her Dems!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Didn't the smallpox vaccinations end for children in the general population in about 1968?
D. Brian Casady
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 pm
Didn't the smallpox vaccinations end for children in the general population in about 1968?
Not sure of the date, but yes it ended. The virus now only exists in labs under government control.

If nothing else this situation proves Small Pox would kill quite a few if it got back into the wild. But no government would release a deadly virus on purpose. Oh wait, that’s what’s happened with this one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

COVID has a mortality rate of about 1%.

COVID vaccines thus far seem to have a mortality rate of about 1%.

Some people get terribly ill having contracted COVID, some have long term side-effects, some folks don't get that sick or don't even know they have it.

Some people who get the vaccines have unpleasant reactions, some folks die. Some folks have no reactions or soreness at all.

One doesn't seem a whole lot different than the other.

I have read that there are folks that got COVID resulting in long-term side-effects and afterward got the vaccine and had those side-effects eliminated within days.

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

FWiedner wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:43 pm

COVID has a mortality rate of about 1%.

COVID vaccines thus far seem to have a mortality rate of about 1%.

Some people get terribly ill having contracted COVID, some have long term side-effects, some folks don't get that sick or don't even know they have it.

Some people who get the vaccines have unpleasant reactions, some folks die. Some folks have no reactions or soreness at all.

One doesn't seem a whole lot different than the other.

I have read that there are folks that got COVID resulting in long-term side-effects and afterward got the vaccine and had those side-effects eliminated within days.

:?:
there is a lot of inaccurate info around out there. i read a number of medical articles daily

the latest update on mortality from the vaccine [ near the end of february ] says that of the millions and millions of doses given, there MIGHT be as many as 196 deaths .....that is far ,far below 1%

and of that 196, they are not sure that even all of those were really due to the vaccine.

i know a number of folks who have died from covid..... i do not know a single person who died from the vaccine. alaska has the highest covid vaccination rate in the US. at last count we did not have a single known death from the vaccine.

covid infection death rate is probably 1.4% overall but there are a lot of patients who been severely damaged, not fully recovered even months later; i see this every day.. this is different that the flu
cable
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

cable, thanks for the perspective. of those who died "of" covid, was that the only cause of death? or did those people die of something else with covid onboard??

the numbers seem jimmied because it's hard to find any reports of someone dying "of" flu, or dying of pneumonia, or dying of heart attack, or dying of a stroke, etc. the general press seems to be unanimous that everyone that dies, dies from covid.

does that make any sense? makes me wonder what local obits read like. maybe something like, "Mrs Martha White, 107 years old, recent survivor of double pneumonia, kidney failure, and black plague, recently died of covid. Funeral to be private to maintain correct social distance."
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Grizz wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:22 pm
cable, thanks for the perspective. of those who died "of" covid, was that the only cause of death? or did those people die of something else with covid onboard??

the numbers seem jimmied because it's hard to find any reports of someone dying "of" flu, or dying of pneumonia, or dying of heart attack, or dying of a stroke, etc. the general press seems to be unanimous that everyone that dies, dies from covid.

does that make any sense? makes me wonder what local obits read like. maybe something like, "Mrs Martha White, 107 years old, recent survivor of double pneumonia, kidney failure, and black plague, recently died of covid. Funeral to be private to maintain correct social distance."
death rate for flu, over the years, is probably 0.1-0.2 % - way less than 1% the vaccine is probably the safest one ever developed. sure a lot safer than getting the covid.

some of the ones i know that have died were very healthy, out hunting, etc no diabetes, not overweight, no known heart disease, etc. true, most of them were older folks.... one that i knew was 65, the other a very healthy fit 76. of course many that are dying are in poor health and that skews the statistics , but that is also true for the flu

i am a sturdy lean 73 year old, finally just working 1/2 time so believe me this spooks me ... a lot ! i have a lot of fun things left to do, and first grand child on the way. doing all i can to keep enjoying life and being useful.
cable
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thank you Cable for your posts, I have read them and appreciate them. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The worrisome things about the vaccine are:

- NOT the short-term death rate (although a far lower side-effect rate is always brought up to dismiss all the other legitimate treatments fir CoVid... :roll: ). Give 90 million doses of Juicy Fruit Gum and a few will choke and die.

- IS the long-term risk for autoimmune disease, which is simply impossible to know until several years pass; the potential mechanisms for this risk are clearly described by many experts and shouldn’t be casually dismissed...ESPECIALLY relative to the clearly-lesser risk, and equal-or-greater benefit, of other options....which leads to the even BIGGER concern...

- AND the deceptive marketing and pressure used to promote the vaccine over all other treatment AND prevention options, as well as distort and exaggerate the morbidity and mortality of the virus itself. As a rule of thumb, when someone has to lie and distort to you to make their case, it should prompt skepticism; letting their lies put you in a state of fear causes your decisions to be less rational. Far better to be a skeptic, take in alternative views, analyze and verify each ‘side’ as they critique each other, and make your own decision. I cringe at how many are failing to do that, although I understand you really have to go out of your way and DIG to find much of the info; expecting Dr. Fauci and the CDC to give solid information on CoVid is like like expecting Sen. Feinstein to discuss both sides of the ‘gun control’ debate completely, yet I see many conservatives and gun owners who should know better make that mistake to their own peril.

As gun owners, we see the poor decisions the public makes when they only hear government and big tech discuss issues like “gun violence”, and we see so clearly that there are better answers (and less innocent lives lost) - believe me, as one who lives and breathes healthcare, the deception and fraud and irrationality with CoVid and the vaccines and other treatments is even worse...!

I get so disgusted seeing REAL LIVES lost because of the politicization of CoVid. I’ve had to watch patients die because their physician was caving to his employer’s pressure to only use the treatment that will result in the favored corporate funding or government grant, or steer away from ‘controversy’...it is infuriating, and that is why I sometimes have trouble not shouting from the rooftops the things I’ve seen. :oops:

I do share them, and my opinions on CoVid prevention and treatment, with my patients in the privacy of the exam room, where the Oath of Hippocrates reigns supreme, and I try to keep them safe and well, and I share as much as I can here, but sometimes fighting the endless stream of fear-mongering propaganda and misinformation is like trying to swim up Niagara Falls... :|

Thankfully people like Dr Mobeen and Dr Kory, and even belatedly Dr Campbell, are on the internet giving solid snd documented material out, pretty much without a political agenda.

Here's a bit of discussion of the 'there are no studies showing ivermectin works' mantra as reflected in the NIH statement from February - https://youtu.be/MO6NW14BTWw?t=1044 - some of the 'criticisms' are so ridiculous, yet perhaps to non-scientists, may sound 'scientific'. For instance, it is not a big issue if a study isn't "double blinded" when the endpoint is something objective, such as whether the patient died or not...! The double-standard versus 'proof' the other high-price, newly-patented, drugs have been required to produce is pretty blatant, as well.

There ARE many preventative and treatment strategies for CoVid, some known from past SARS epidemics (CoVid is a SARS variant), and some only discovered in the past few months. Some of the vaccines MAY be an appropriate part of a complete plan-of-treatment for SOME patients, but when used instead of those other things it is sickening, because we clearly get poorer results, and more lives lost. :(
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

It comes down to, you pays your money and makes your choice. Just don’t complain later.

The problem these days is that lawyers are already lining up to file suits. But as we have seen recently even if there is no evidence that a product caused an illness the manufacturers can still loose a suit.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i agree AJ .... early on , i prepared myself and friends and relatives with zinc lozenges, hydroxychloroquine , azithromycin etc the risk of these things were very low and the upside potentially very high , but the politicization made many reject it out of hand

i did have a couple of colleagues call me and ask what to do, when they and their family got the bug

the political stuff has tired me in ways i have never had before ! i appreciate your knowledge and thoughtful analytical approach — that’s what we owe our patients and i am impressed how well you do it !
cable
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Great post you made doc. Once upon a time the media got a state full of folks shooting their own water tanks in the dark mistaking them for invading tripod martians.

This time they got half the world taking an experimental vaccine for a virus that barely ranks between tb and regular diaorhea for global fatalities... not to mention 3 million westerners died in the same time just from being too darn fat.

If they told folks the virus is now wearing robot suits to attack major cities and we need money for the war effort, the internet would crash with all the donations.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I have a very physically active 88 year old mom. A few weeks ago she didn't want to wait for me to come over, so she dug holes to plant 3 more roses. She maintains a 1/4 acre yard and about 100 rose bushes. She's more like a 68 year old.

I took her 3 days ago for her second Moderna shot. She texted me Sunday morning and said that she had every known symptom, but vomiting & diarrhea. It took almost 48 hours and she was back to normal.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Earlier I commented I had no side effects the day after the second Pfizer shot. Yesterday I was ill. Today not too much better. Either side effects of some other bug.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

I received my first moderna shot monday, so far far just a sore arm, will receive second shot in four weeks. If you don't hear from me after that time, well, you know what happened. :o
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 500 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
H&R 12 ga. topper
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Marlin 336W .30.30
Heritage rough rider .22 sa
Taylor smokewagon .357 sa
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel