Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Alaska looks like a good place to retire to, kids need their grandparents too.... :D

Great family photos.. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

No, it would not be a good place to retire to...at least for me it wouldn't.....most all materials need to be shipped in and it's pricey.....too much of that wet chilly air would go right through the old bones....winters are long and every other person is an alky.

The huntin' sure is good though.---00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Winter is worse home than on Kodiak. The problem is, summer is a cold as Winter normally. I froze this whole trip.
It's a great place though. If it was 30 years ago, I'd be all over it. Too late for me now.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It's like anywhere, just have to adapt to the climate. When I moved to CO I got a headache almost every afternoon for about 3 months. The 5000' difference in elevation from here to there was enough to cause mild altitude sickness.

I see Six won another page, his prize is a trundle ( foot pedals) to replace his table saw motor.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Made it home after 24hrs of travel. That is the part that ain't fun.
Glad to be home, though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incor

Post by Sixgun »

Ha...ha...ha......IM the only one allowed to b.b. here :D yea..the motor is toast....started it up yesterday when it was cool and 30 seconds later she started smokin' and blew the 220 breaker.....found a place in Kennet Square that rebuilds them......the motor new is around $450-$500.

Well, Jay is back in town! (Well, it's not as if he left us......any good compadre stays in touch.....

94 as I sit dropping off Nancy

My daughter is here and is filling her Jeep up with my rare white quartz rocks........well, they are rare to me.....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I figured as much Jack. Get it rebuilt and you'll get years more service out of it.

24 hours of travel sure beats driving from Alaska to Maine!!

Well opened the last wall cabinet box and the one side ( that shows) has a great big gash in it. Now we can't finish until that replacement turns up... 4-8 weeks is our guess...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhhhh.....w.t.h....Gunny......just put some masking tape on it and paint to match.......

When you get old, you tend to live in the past and go by experiences and the masking tape brings up a memory....the year was 1969.....I was over my friends house in our neighborhood......his dad was a South Pacific veteran...baaaadddd .........his dad worked for Westinghouse and even though he had a good job, there was not much money............this brings us to his black 1964 Ford Falcon which was rotted out and would not pass inspection.......

60's cars were equal to Rossi guns....j.u.n.k.......anyway, his dad drank a lot and while I was there he had a pile of empty 16 oz Schlitz returnable bottles, a roll of masking tape and a can of black spray paint......you can figure out the rest. :D

My daughter just left and the bumper of her Jeep was dragging...full of firewood and white and orange quartz rocks.

96 here...the hottest yet......I was power washing the rocks for her and the water was burning my arms.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah sure thats a fix but if ya spent 18 grand for wooden boxes ya think they would be perfect upon arrival!

Its 83 here, just got home from chiropractor, was 94 in the parking lot. Nice to live high up in the trees!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

83? Ain't seen that in two weeks.

Popped the motor out tonight.....BIG job... :D ....2 bolts....3 wires....3 v belts.....about 10 minutes......then an hour to give the entire cabinet a thorough blow out. Motor is pretty heavy....probably 60 pounds...........I was ready to bunk the whole motor deal and buy a new saw until I saw the price......

Seems like I can't go nowhere without bumping into someone....me, mom, and Miss Apple cruised on up to the Dairy Queen and while I'm in there some blonde girl who was nine months pregnant walks up to me and says, " aren't you so-so?".....me, "hey, I had nothing to do with it!" (On the big belly) :D (and no, I didn't say that)....we chatted and bid farewell....

96 today.....supposed to be hotter tomorrow.......AC is on high fan speed.....OO
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Probably old have been easier to flip the saw on its side to remove? Yup heavy, lots of copper inside an electric motor.

I see people I've known from kindergarten- cant remember their names but I recognize them! Also many former customers from the lumberyard days but most of them I didn't know their names so it's no big deal :lol: .

Bunker today, do a little shooting, more for overdue machine maintenance. Biggest shoot of the year coming next weekend, Grand Prix. 30 shooters and 3 days of shooting. I'm not competing.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You ain't flipping this saw on its side. I have to hook up the chain hoist to lift it so I can better center it on its dolly.....my heavy equipment is on dollys as garage space is limited. It's got to be 500 pounds. Even on a dolly, it don't move when I'm ripping long boards....

(Just looked...shipping weight is 587 pounds)

No, there's a side door that opens up to reveal the motor and belts...a real no brainer.

Well, you go outside....I'm staying in for awhile......I soaked 3 t shirts yesterday weed eating and other menial jobs.

My daughter just called and thinks I'm going over there to powerwash her deck.....nada.....no warning...just, "can you come over and bring your equipment over and powerwash our deck".........while "pretty boy" relaxes in front of the TV with a tall drink in his hands.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

WOW!! I dont ever think I have driven is such a downpour before! 78 almost stopped moving eastbound on my way home. Wipers on high and ya couldn't see the road!

Ah its a big production type table saw. Yup they are heavy.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Not a drop here but it's getting dark..........

Still too hot and humid to do anything outside....

Maybe clean up the gun room.....I walked in it today and it's dark until I hit the secret switch......tripped over 3 Colt first gens and a mess of old 1886's....j.u.n.k.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I had written a post, just about to hit submit and the power went out! Called the outage in to the electric company. They claim it will be back on by 1030- yeah right!

Anyhow, email from brownells, hogden universal in stock! Great in 28ga so I ordered 2 pounds at $29.99/pound plus shipping and hazmat =$92& change. Hate to spend that much but as hard as it is to get powder im not going to let it get away.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow Gunny......you are filthy rich! I want to be your pal.....$92 for 2 pounds of powder?

Whenever you are ready come on over and we will make a powder run up to Shyda's gun shop........Shydas and Pennsylvanias biggest distributor in all things guns and reloading are near each other and may be jointly owned...I don't know...just guessing.....anyway, they have shelves and shelves of 8 pounders.

Or we just tell Tom to go there and pick it up for both of us......say a thousand or two worth of powder and we can pay him back $50 a month.

Major storm just flew by....Miss Apple is shaking like a leaf and is presently laying on my shoulder......
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I know of Shyda's, haven't been there but from what I know they don't have much on the shelves either. I try to not order powder because of hazmat but this universal is hard to find when no one is hoarding so I figured I'd get it when I could.

Storms- we got some good ones last night! The power went out around 8, back on at 10. I'm getting some estimates for a whole house generator! Our grid up here is OLD! Always having outages due to trees falling. Of course then I have to worry about propane too.

Weather channel said our county seat got 5.5" of rain yesterday, not 10 miles away as the crow flies. I'm not sure it was that bad here.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

First hole in one yesterday, 16 years :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Congratulations Freddy!!! THAT is saying something! Believe that ball should be put in glass and autographed by the witnesses, probably all Playboy playmates.....hey you slammed down a few beers after that......how far was the shot? Looks like a 7 iron and a putter....110 yards?

Yea Gunny...here too...lots of electric in the sky but only one inch of rain, by the gauge. Power went out for 10 minutes.

I use a 6500/7500 Generac......leave it in the barn.......I made up a 2 male end 220 volt cord and plug it in to the 220 outlet ala backfeed after shutting off the main breaker.....powers the whole house easily. Can't run the dryer/oven or all of the stove burners at once. ---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Go outside to feed the cats and the house starts to shake.....that old ww2 plane circles my house at a couple of hundred feet and lays into it when pulling away.......I waved ...don't know if he saw me but it seems he knows I like it.....it's real shiny aluminum. I'll be ready next time....I'll get some lime and spell out in the grass, "can I have it?"---00
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good eye, 7 iron and putter, 142 yds. Bud and white wine, Ilona over for steak dinner. You must be a bit psychic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Congratulations again Fred......I've been told that before.........

As a teenager I was a hobbyist golfer.....we used to hang out at the driving range and do odd jobs and the owner would give us a bucket of balls to hit and a free soda. IIRC, it was a big deal to drive one over the first green which was 90 yards. In the evening, after the place closed we would drive the old Jeep with the ball collector thingy and dump them into the washer. In the old Jeep we had dirty magazines and practiced j.o.....this was about '66-'69. I got really good at it and haven't stopped in all these years. :D

When we felt mischievous, we would sneak in the woods out past the 250 yard marker and run up on the grass to steal golf balls. I had a big bucket of them at home and as usual, someone ratted me out and the golf course owner came to the house and told my dad who beat my A for stealing.

Me and mom hanging out reminiscing......

Her first cousin, killed in a training accident in some kind of a fighter jet.....funny thing, about every third Italian male is named Anthony.

https://usnamemorialhall.org/index.php/ ... LCDR,_USNR
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's quite a piece of meat you have there.......mom says "quality" .....but you are a man of quality....I remember the bros at work with a pork chop sandwich.....the meat was the size of a silver dollar with 3" of fat all the way around it......they would chew it all down and spit out part of the bone.........sometimes their buddy would chew on the same bone and suck out the marrow. For real, I saw that commonly.----006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yesterday 1/2 of the Ranger suspension showed up. Just came in from the garage after figuring out how to get it apart, which I did and got the new gas shock & coil over installed & apart( forgot a washer) and together again. I changed the 'good side', the factory oil filled is SHOT- push it to collapse and it doesn't even try to expand! Next couple days the other side should show up and ill change it out.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The problem with having "stuff" means endless maintenance and parts switching.....in my next life it's going to be a 2 room log cabin in the woods with a couple of Ruger single actions, a model 61 Winchester and a late 1930''s 94 carbine......
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good choices all.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think you should add 1 to your list, a model 12. As we know there are somethings a shotgun is better for.

HEY! No rain yesterday- think that's a first for us here this July?! 64 this morning with 'low' humidity, 89% :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Don't see a need for a shotgun. A .22 is really the only gun you need. Back when I used to hunt squirrels the only gun I used was an 1892 in 32-20.

Yea, finally a break.......at wake up time, noon, temps are 86 and 79% H....no rain yesterday either....

Well, gonna head up to Kennet Sq. with the table saw motor......hope I don't get lost...have not been more than 5 miles from home in about a year.... :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Second strut was on the front porch when I got home. Now that I know HOW to change these out it went real fast. Of course by the time I need to change em again I'll have forgotten how :lol: !

So JB, did you get lost? Leave a trail of bread crumbs? Did they test your motor while you watching?

The cabinet supplier has put a RUSH on getting the replacement for us, 4-5 days! That is holding us up.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Guess Six got lost on his way to drop off the motor... still mia.
Ol buffalo coat Jay must be hitchhiking back to Alaska...mia
T-bone is always mia
Fred must be golfing...mia
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

missing-in-action-why-the-f-dont-you-reply.jpg
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks GK- THAT IS HILARIOUS!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Where the Hell is Austin Powers................???? He fits right in , ooooobaby I'm here anytime..................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well it must have been been something we said Gunny BUT.......
I-Miss-You-Meme85.jpg
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah we must stink or something?!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I'm here. Just didn't have much to say so I stayed quiet. Shyda's is 20-25 minutes from me. They are pretty well stocked at this point but like everywhere they do have some holes in the inventory. I was supposed to meet a guy today at 4, about 15 minutes from me. He had a 1894 26 inch half round half octagon, take down in 30 wcf circa 1921, had two holes in the side for a scope mount. The wife was buying it for me as a present.....guy called me at 11:30 sold buy it now. You lose fat boy! Oh well.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that ain't fair!!

So these people we are doing this new inlaw apartment for have this extremely happy go lucky pure jet black German Shephard. Nicest sweetest dog ya could imagine- guess what his name is?
GLOCK. His owner is a state trooper, they are issued G23s.

Jack musta made it to Panama by now...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gone walk about?

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I gots a G23. My EDC. I am old school so I use the old standby 165 Federal Hydra shok. I know a guy who’s department closed while he was the chief and borough council said get rid of all the old ammo. He did. 12 boxes 📦 f 40 to dear old big brudda.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gee all I'm stuck with is the evil black talons in my 23.

Could be he (they) are on walk about...or six and old win are conspiring against us? :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Maybe they have gone to Brazil to get jobs at Rossi... :shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes gk, seems the last long weekend 16-19 has OW, 6 and jb off somewhere in hyperspace as I do a head count.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey boys.
No, I'm still here. Just been down with the rona.
Been lots of fun.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh really? How ya feeling now- like ya want to vote blue?
I told ya, airplane germs are almost as bad a kid germs!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Vote however you want, you'll get the same thing.

I got it before I left. Middle kids gf had it. Sucks. Wasting so much time sitting around. I will be out of work through this weekend too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear you got the crud OW, how's the rest of the family?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:04 pm Sorry to hear you got the crud OW, how's the rest of the family?
Thanks buddy.
About the same. The only one without it is my Middle son.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Man that sucks. Glad you all aren't headed for a hospital beds. Sure laying around the house is not much fun but it does beat being at work !
Was thinking about get Tshirts made-
I SURVIVED THE -19 , wonder if people have enough sense of humor to wear em ?

I gotta go meet the daughter of one of my old hunting buddies, when he passed he left some taxidermy without a home. Im getting 1 of his bear rugs( hope its his 9' brown bear) and a deer head. Im going to put the dogs outside, then set the rug on the floor and let them in, I bet Parker is going to go B.S.C.!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20210722_172647.jpg
its not the Kodiak brown, its not a black bear- has to be an inland grizzly! Now how am I going to hang this rug on the wall ?!
I would have lost the bet about Parker!! She just walked up to it and sniffed it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Cool Gunny. That would look cool in my gunroom.
How do you get a bear skin in a buffalo coat? :D