Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Now, back to shooting and investing. In the 92s I have never even seen a real Winchester. That leaves the Mirokus whatever name they are currently branded and Rossi that I have had. My experience with both had been good but the Mirokus were about $400-$450 to me. They are more expensive than I would pay now for the new ones.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Harry, Jay is right. If you take a revolver and ream out the bore you have just manufactured a short barrel shotgun, NFA violation. When I my my 44special Single Six I was going to do a smooth bore barrel to, then I learned about it becoming a class III NFA . But like Six says a few cardboard wads and some shot you are good to go. However use #9s, better penetration. I used to love chasing pack rats with shot loads, like jump shooting little bunnies! As for rattle snakes my preferred choice was a breaker bar, just walk up to em and whomp em behind the head. Skin intact and no bloodshot meat.

Sb1? Where? I've just blocked his posts and don't look for them/at them.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Huh, no heat on the job... thermostat is DRT.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pity the 9mm Flobert is hard to find and expensive, perfect snake killer... In the UK a few years ago there was a SAA clone with a 24" barrel chambered in 9mm Flobert but sadly no longer available... :cry: fast draw can be problematic.... :lol:
buntline83493a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snakes aren't an issue here. There isn't much for the shot cartridges to be useful on.
My kid shot a bunch of mice in his garage with some in 357 out of his model 19.
I don't think I have ever fired any. I have a few in 45acp somewhere.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

John ya just gotta stand on a bucket to draw! :lol:

I never shot a snake, lots of rats though at the farm. One night my buddy and I had a few and decided to make a raid on the chicken coop. Sure enough we went in guns blazing. I had a model27, he had a 29. He grabbed the wrong speed loader and had full house mags when he started blasting away!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! What did i tell you guys..huh??????...Old Savage just HAD to win it again...I could have last night but it would not have been an honest win......I figured Jay, Gunny, or GK deserved it more but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Fred had to win it again. He is selfish..... :D

We were only able to get to page 100 Two times....SB # 1 was the fly in the ointment until the ones in charge figured out his unsmart deceptive ways...By the way...you guys smell a cheap pizza f in a windstorm?

While I almost always agree with you guys, I will respectfully disagree with Gunny........I was experimenting with shot loads before Speer even came out with the capsules....early-mid seventies......yes, number 8 worked good but one time I ran into a guy who gave me a bottle of number 11...still have some....and that was the cats meow for patterns. I once shot some mean, and I mean MEAN beer cans and it shreds them......loaded them in 32-20 and I'll shoot carpenter bees out of the air hovering at the peak of the house....7 yards?....

I'm gonna make something out of my self today.......oooooooo......what is exciting? Wood pile? Come on Spring!
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I saw your post Six but left it for Gunny to claim 100. I didn't know Fred was lurking... :lol:

Hey Jay apparently according to a certain person we are now both sock puppets.... :shock: I don't know if I can take such Brutal insults anymore it's been so long since I was in the playground with nasty children.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Was unaware of the number.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm I saw your post Six but left it for Gunny to claim 100. I didn't know Fred was lurking... :lol:

Hey Jay apparently according to a certain person we are now both sock puppets.... :shock: I don't know if I can take such Brutal insults anymore it's been so long since I was in the playground with nasty children.... :lol:
You posted one time you'd like to take me out behind the pub to settle things....Oh, if only that were possible. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Blaine as I remember I said if you had threatened me in a pub rather than in a cowardly PM I would have asked you to step outside to explain. Now are you suggesting something else...???
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm I saw your post Six but left it for Gunny to claim 100. I didn't know Fred was lurking... :lol:

Yeah. I still don't know what that means.....
That's ok. I'm sure it's nice. We're the only ones here that aren't "nice". :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure Six #11s do a much better job of filling patterns but not for bigger critters. Rats just shrug of 11s, a snattlerake would just laugh at ya. With 9s ya get the best of both- higher pellet count and better penetration.
Years ago we bought a 25 lbs bag of 12s. We loaded a bunch of 12ga, know what it would kill tweety birds past 20 yards. I still have some somewhere downstairs.

Ok GK, what exactly is an 'English Cream Retriever ' , just got the latest Orvis Dog Book and thats what they claim is the dog on the cover... looks like a Golden Retriever to me.

Eh, I dont want a 100, besides OS already has one so this way he doesn't have to ship it to anyone.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have heard of an English Cream Tea but never a English cream retriever.….. :?

I didn't want a 100 either... :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:05 pm Blaine as I remember I said if you had threatened me in a pub rather than in a cowardly PM I would have asked you to step outside to explain. Now are you suggesting something else...???
John, this is the "threatening" and "cowardly" PM you are referring to...Seems you might be very easily threatened. :roll: and please brush up on your meaning of "cowardly".

Verbatim:
"Sorry...When somebody says I "NEED" to do something it rubs me the wrong way.
It's very clear that you are upset off at me because I put a little wind in your face a couple weeks ago when I disagreed with something or other. Oh, well...
If you don't like that way I'm doing your old job, then you can take it back and see that it's done properly.
You like hanging out at Sixgun's private forum, perhaps you could clean that up a bit...that would be more than useful".

Now, Sir, bugger off...or at least introduce a little accuracy into your screeds against me.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No Blaine that is NOT the PM I was referring to, I was referring to the one you sent to me for criticising your profanity when you ran Fess ( a newbie) off the forum.
You really need to get a grip you are losing it....as for the meaning of cowardly I suggest if you have anything to say say it publicly and you haven't answered my question yet about your last little rant.

Gunny CCI use #12 in their .22 shot shells, I wrote to them saying #10 would be better IMHO but they said pattern density was more important because most would be shot out of rifled barrels.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:18 pm No Blaine that is NOT the PM I was referring to, I was referring to the one you sent to me for criticising your profanity when you ran Fess ( a newbie) off the forum.
You really need to get a grip you are losing it....as for the meaning of cowardly I suggest if you have anything to say say it publicly and you haven't answered my question yet about your last little rant.

Gunny CCI use #12 in their .22 shot shells, I wrote to them saying #10 would be better IMHO but they said pattern density was more important because most would be shot out of rifled barrels.
You win.....I have no idea what the heck you're talking about, but Hooray For You. Now, bugger off.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Added bright white paint so I can see it as we keep the lights off or low. I can take one look and can see the output of heat...combine this with the outside temps lets me know how much and what kind of wood to throw in......

I'm still working on the experimentation but am getting it down...one walk past the stove along with the inside thermometer tells a lot.......I can easily keep the temps in the house at a constant 72-74 degrees........

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Shot

#11 and #8

#8 and #2 Goose pellets

Home made shot shells.....you ought to see what the 44-40 does in my smooth bored 1894 Marlin that's factory choked with the 11 shot.

Top end view

Factory 44 Russians....one on far left is Russian issue blackpowder

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pretty cool Six. I like old cartridges like that. I don't have a lot, but I keep the ones I come across.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm not disagreeing with ya Six ,just sharing what I find to work .I'd love to get my hands on your smooth bore 44/40! That would be great fun.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
Because Fred hung around his computer until just the right time to win number 100, I'm going to let you pick out his prize....

Did you like how he wrote, "Geeze, I didn't know it was coming!" lie after lie, good ole Freddy.

You can count out 100 # 11 shot......I'll put them on the walnut log that's his and after spring when Peters tongue comes off the tractor, you and him can come over and get it.

Ya like those pumpkin balls? I cast them in an original mould from the 1900 era.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Still remember walking into my inlaws barn about 1982 with an 1886 in 45-90 using shot loads. I was quick then as I turned the corner a rat was running out of the feed room and I shot from the hip and blitzed him in 2 pieces...close, maybe 5 yards.

And never a thought to the 40 dairy cows right underneath where I shot.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Making 0 cents here. And don’t forget about my trailer to haul my log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

As much as I detest some elected officials like N.P and chucky.......I feel real sorrow for Joe. I know people who know Joe...contractors....and everyone of them said he was tough as nails to get money from to pay the bills.....Joe is no longer Joe. Joe is Barack by proxy......

On to the trailer.....no! But if you want that chunk of walnut come get it.....I've been meaning to take it to the saw mill but the guy is 4/10 of a mile from me and I don't want to put miles on the Jeep......in all reality I'm lazy in calling the guy and setting up an appointment then getting that 1000 pounds in the trailer......

Now, on to business...you and I have always been square with each other and I will believe what you tell me.....answer this honestly.........were you all primed for the page 100 win or was it a surprise? Go ahead...tell your son the truth.....---Son
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Total surprise on 100. Post golf just trying to check on the rants and got my own going. In 1961 I got a Winchester catalog and almost memorized it. Eventually I got a Model 70 pre 64, now gone - a 61 94 and an NIB 88 73 production I think. Have about 600 rds through it. Was running all that through my mind and land on # 100 posting about a 100. Missed your heads up scanning what had transpired so … as I said a surprise in that I was trying to look back at what I was replying to but we were on a new page.

Lot going on that I don’t go into here so hadn’t been to in tune here except when I was replying.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Of further interest was that I shot a deer with a friend’s early production 88 that his father got for him through their hardware store. He had taken some 40+ deer with it.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago, mid 90s when I finished our deck, lots of cedar and T&G pine ceilings the carpenter bee's moved in. I spent many an afternoon with my K22 and Winchester 22 shot shells blasting those little suckers. I still chase them but not with a noisy 22. Too many new ah neighbors. Since I don't know any of our PD I don't shoot here anymore.

So last evening while walking das hunds, I notice small dog tracks inside the fenced yard. I tracked in both directions, couldn't find where it got in, too many Labrador tracks but I found where it got out, it actually climbed up a rock near the fence and jumped up and over 3&1/2 feet vertically to get out. Got some brass ones on that fox!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snowing again this morning. Big one supposed to be coming this weekend.
I should be gearing up to do some riding. Instead, we are getting ready to head to Alaska for the birth of our third grandson, Colt.
Hate to leave all that snow cleanup to dad. Plus dog sitting. The place is in good hands. I gave him and the boys pictures of you guys and a shoot on sight order. :D
Naw........you boys I trust. The rest of the world? Nope. I HATE traveling.

Man! 100 pages. That says something about our merry band of misfits. This is the only one of these I started. It was the chairman of the bored, originally. Probably more apt, but we were forced to move and change it.
That wasn't NICE! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd be happy to dig sit & do snow removal , but its still hunting season here !
Have a good trip, congrats again to the new parents , and again a hearty handshake and THANK YOU to your son for his service!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you buddy! Much appreciated. He has had some crazy experiences over the last 12 years. He is getting a little beat up, physically.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Be careful on your travels, hope Colt comes in to the world with both guns blazing.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

harry wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:15 am Be careful on your travels, hope Colt comes in to the world with both guns blazing.
Thank you Harry!
We are hoping, also. His brother and sister (Clay and Cassidy) didn't have any issues, so we are hoping it's 3 for 3.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Happy Trails Jay, don't forget to keep the water boiling up there, I don't know why but in the movies childbirth always requires boiling water..... :?

Say hello for me too... :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is what the women say to keep the men out of the way.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW or Gunny. When Colt makes a barrel shorter do they shorten the back it the front of the barrel stock or are the various lengths made differently?

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A barrel always starts from the chamber end. The barrels i have turned were machined, threaded, chambered, turned for diameter and finally cut to length and crowned.
However a barrel can in some cases be ' set back ' , say when a throat erodes. Remove the barrel and remachine enough that the chamber can be recut.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Colt"....man, I like that........happy trails bro......you know you have nothing to worry yourself over...just make sure you cut the water main off....many people fail to do that.

If my last name was "Wesson" I'd name my kid "Smith" for a first name and "And" for a middle name...you know, like they do in the hood....name their kids after trees and street signs. Read in the paper many years ago where one family was named "Ivy" so they named their kid "Poison".

Now I hear there's another new variant of Covid..........I've always been pessimistic, preparing for the worst.......this S is here to stay.........I'm beginning to think the worst........in time........breakdown of society.........the Earth is gonna shed us.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks Gunny. My 4 3/4” looks to be a bit thicker at the muzzle than a 5 1/2”.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It shouldn't be...put a micrometer on it.....maybe a few thou difference....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't sweat it bud. Every mutation, it will get weaker. After awhile it will be like the flu. More time and it will be like a cold.
A bigger worry is what bioweapon the Chinese will release next.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Indeed Six, about .014” difference, enough to notice.

I was wondering if that is the way the factory would do it or if it had been cut back later.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey..ya know those monkeys that were involved in a crash here in Pa.....mmmmmmm......

https://www.foxnews.com/health/woman-mo ... ania-crash

The truck who hit the guy AND the driver who was hauling the monkeys were both CDC staff members....45 people died already with another 6.000 who are now quarantined at the bottom of an old quarry. The trees that the monkeys climbed on wilted and both vehicles melted. The first responders including the cops have all turned into stalks of celery and one guy turned into an apple tree.
Im starting my new News program based on actual facts.....www.JayBirdNews.com

FRED....what's the difference in dates of manufacture and calibers? I have a very detailed book that I'll look into after I get done flushing Al Sharpton......
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good point, one is a 44, the other a 45. I will have to measure a 45 5 1/2”. All are 79s.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

.010” difference in the 45s 4.75” to 5.5” muzzle diameter, Squares with what Gunny said.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That was my next question, are they different bore diameters? You answered that.
JayBirdNews- where do I sign up for text message updates?

They don't have water mains in Maine, they still collect rainwater off the roof! :lol:

So Six are ya ready? Big snow comin!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok GK here ya go. My Redheaded Stepchild
20220125_165905.jpg
As I had said before, this was a box of parts, in the 'white ' when I bought it from one of the instructors at skool, Leonard Bull- a fine Brit I might add! This took me about half a semester to fit & finish.
20220125_165835.jpg
20220125_165853.jpg
20220125_165918.jpg
I had to fit all the internal parts, barrels to receiver and the stock & forend.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! Look at that wood to metal fit! .....the skeletonized grip cap.....your very talented Gunny. Even if you give some people the schooling they still could not do it....like me, they don't have the patience......what gauge?

Still haven't checked the books but I will......what I can definitively say is that Winchesters had a plus or minus variation which is due mostly to polishing. I believe the newer barrels are all button rifled so the stress of a larger caliber button could enlarge it more.....Gunny could answer that one better.....

Gonna put the wheelbarrow together and look into the tolerances of the Colt....
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, you did a real fine job on that box of parts ( did you ever find the missing trigger?)... :wink: I wish I had a gun I'd built myself but when I was at Westley Richards I only got to re sleeve barrels.

Did you do the engraving as well :?:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Its a 12 bore. 22 inches and no chokes but it works well on claybirds and peasants!

There was only 1 trigger in the box, with cylinder & cylinder ya don't really NEED to select do ya?

I'm not sure about larger or smaller buttons effecting finished OD as the Douglas barrels ive workd were bored before I got my paws on them. Those blanks were 1¹/⁴" from end to end. Now a barrel that is shaped before it is drilled & rifled could move quite a bit I think. Since all of P.O.Ackley's deep drilling/ rifling machines were defunct by the time I got there ive not seen the process first hand. Yes, a heavy handed guy could effect sizes while polishing. Also note that just turning anything on a lathe as the cutting bit wears it changes how it cuts, accuracy of cut can go away.
Oooo, that was painful, just remembered about that! I was making a floating chamber reamer holder. The large part of the holder was hot rolled steel. It was hard! I went to a carbide lathe tool bit and had the chips flying when one chip flew off hitting my safety glasses and then burned through my mustache to my lip. I swatted the power button jumping and cussing like a Baptist preacher that hit his finger with a hammer!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!