Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by harry »

I raced motocross back in the early 70’s, started on a hodaka ace 100 and ended on the 125 combat wombat.
Then I tried flat track and built a racer out of a benelli 260.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool harry!
Hodaka!? :shock: You're dating yourself buddy! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Those Hodaka 100s go for big bucks now.... :o

£3,950, oo on eBay.
s-l500.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Harry won 139 I don't know what the prize should be perhaps OW could send you his Harley as he is going back to dirt bikes... :wink:

I have taken up Rat shooting, got four in the last few days and only two Squirrels, hardly ever see a Rat around here but they have moved in amongst the compost. The .410 is a very useful tool but I wish I still had my 9mm Flobert gardengun.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

305 Superhawk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool old Honda OS. Those old bikes are collectible now.

Well, we are going to head out and get a few fiddleheads this morning. They should be up. Probably just get a few fresh ones as we still have a pile put up from last year's haul. Maybe get a pail full for a few meals.
When I get back I have to call the guy with the trailer and see about going to get that today. I ordered a set of magnetic portable trailer lights to get it home.
Just what I need......another project. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I miss the days when all motorcycles looked like motorcycles, a lot of motorbikes today look like they're out of a batman comic.

Jay what exactly are those magnetic trailer lights? do they plug in or are they powered separately :?:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well we made it home! We had to haul it about 70 miles and it had sat out for at least 3 years. I brought a Hi-Lift jack, impact gun, plug kit, grease gyn, and assorted other tools.
One tire was flat and was on backwards, so I jacket the trailer up, flipped it around and aired all of them up. We went to the local town office and got a transport plate, hooked it up to the Jolly Green Giant, said a prayer, and wheeled out!

GK,
The lights have a 20ft wire with a trailer plug and plug right into the vehicles trailer outlet. There is a 6ft wire between the 2 lights. They have magnets on the bottom We just stuck them on the wheel covers. They are made to use on any trailer or truck that doesn't have taillights.
You can see one on the inside of the wheel cover in the pic taken from the front.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad you made it back okay :) I hate towing trailers.
Those magnetic lights sound like a good idea we probably have them over here but I only ever see temporary lights tied on with binder twine....... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well there! We were finishing up dinner when the oldest boy pulled in......
He just bought a new Gladiator Rubicon too! That makes 8 Jeeps in our family now.
Two Grand Cherokees, two JL Unlimiteds, two Gladiators,and two TJs.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What with all that experience is the best recommendation?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:16 pm What with all that experience is the best recommendation?
Too many variables. It depends on what someone values most, the type of driving they do, and what they expect from a vehicle.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Right now, 26.7 mpg in daily driving comes to mind.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:10 am Right now, 26.7 mpg in daily driving comes to mind.
Then probably a Grand Cherokee. My mother and wife love theirs. It does have a lot of utility. It isn't as capable as the other Jeeps we have, but still has some off road ability. Especially when compared to other vehicles in the class.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My Patriot is just front wheel drive. But, I don’t go anywhere off road. Whenever I did it was with friend’s 4x4s, usually Toyotas.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If you mentioned " off road " to most UK Jeep owners they wouldn't know what you mean.... :lol: same goes for any 4x4 vehicles over here. There are a few Off Road Clubs for enthusiastic 4x4 owners but it's mainly gamekeepers and farmers that actually go off road more than on road.
769c0b8c497ec42a8609dff3682a1d56.jpg
Click to enlarge image....👍
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My son had an AWD version as a company car. He liked it. Ive never driven one myself. They gave him a new Ford Escape to replace it, but he preferred the Jeep.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I drive a Subaru Forester it gets 29mpg , We got a Subaru Ascent a few years ago because We need it to fit the Grandkids in . it has a turbocharged 4cyl. will tow 5000lb. A week in Tennessee , and last week in South Carolina 2,550 miles it averaged nearly 26mpg. they both really do well in the snow. around here where it is flat ground the Ascent will get 28mpg if You stay off of the turbo. :shock: :lol: .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My late father in law had a really old Subaru, we used to go fox hunting in it, brilliant vehicle :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My wife’s mother very tired from a long cruise fell asleep at the wheel and ran her Forester into the back of a Chevy Colorado hard enough to fold up the bed of that truck. She was probably doing about 50 mph. After I cut the dangling bumper off with a Leatherman Supertool 200 we drove it off. She was unhurt.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

When My Forester was a year old I nailed a big rutting Ohio buck that jumped across the ditch to commit suicide by car. the front end was pretty mashed up. the Man at the body shop said it crunched up just like it was supposed to. that was 70k ago.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Gamekeeper, We watched some videos on you tube last week about Captain Bligh from the Bounty and His epic feat of sailing 4000 mi after the mutiny . How is He viewed in the UK ? as a hero or a villain?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

.45colt, Captain Bligh is considered by many to be a Baddie for the way he allegedly treated his crew, his remarkable seamanship however is probably only respected by those that know how difficult it was to accomplish. History can be very cruel.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Being a woods, rivers, and Ponds guy, big water freaks me out. Any dude that can make their way with effectiveness and confidence in that environment has my respect.

On a totally unrelated topic.....
A 7 year old autistic boy wandered away from his Kodiak, AK home a few days ago. There were shoreline cliffs nearby, and all the other assorted hazards of Kodiak.
Many on the USCG base volunteered (my son included) to help search. My son has done this several times up there since he was 19. It usually doesn't end well.
A couple days ago, the Alaska state troopers hand picked a team to search the rugged terrain of Pillar Mt. My son was among the hand picked individuals. Sadly, the boy has not been found, and cadaver dogs are being employed.
Needless to say, we are immensely proud of our son. While off topic here, I just had to mention it.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"Needless to say, we are immensely proud of our son".... as You should be Oldwin. We All raise or Kid's to be stand up people who do the right things and make their way in the world. My two kids have grown up and work everyday. We have four grandkids who try very hard to do good in school. It sure isn't getting any easier for any of Us.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:09 am "Needless to say, we are immensely proud of our son".... as You should be Oldwin. We All raise or Kid's to be stand up people who do the right things and make their way in the world. My two kids have grown up and work everyday. We have four grandkids who try very hard to do good in school. It sure isn't getting any easier for any of Us.
Absolutely. My friend. He told me yesterday that while there were almost a thousand people in the search, most (while their hearts are in the right place) are pretty useless. I told him while I know we were hard on our three sons growing up, now I hope he could see why. Especially now that he has 3 kids of his own.

And thank you sir.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In a search for anything a hunters eyes are worth a hundred of office or house bound folk. Sorry the boy hasn't been found but what a nightmare place for a lost seven year-old.
Your son and his Coast Guard buddies do a wonderful job in difficult conditions.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you John.
And yes, it is very difficult country. Both to move in and navigate. My son is an expert at this. He has packed deer out of remote locations for people on more than one occasion.
You just can't imagine how thick the brush is on those slopes. I live where it is crazy thick, and I was quite astonished. Not so much as the thickness itself, but that it grows sideways, and is almost impossible to get through.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Heard from my son. He was out with rescue swimmers last night. I don't think his mom was glad to hear that. :?
He said still nothing. Must be frustrating. I feel so bad for those parents.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I can't think of anything more worrying than not knowing where one of your kids are, Jay, what are the nighttime temperatures up there at this time of year?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, right now it is 4pm there and it's 46 degrees. I'm thinking at night it will be in high 20s to lower 30s. We were there 2 summers ago for 20 days and it was beautiful weather. Something that never happens there. It got to 67 degrees and mybson said it was the warmest he has seen it..
He told me earlier one of those swimmers was the missing kids dad. That just HAS to suck.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's pretty cold for a seven year old with no survival skills. Hope and pray and that he found shelter must, be terrible for his folks.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I can only hope that all turns out for the better....... Your Son Oldwin has the privilege of working with MEN OF HONOR who try day in and out to do The Right Thing.... I spent My life working with a rag tag group, most of which could care less is You were found dead tomorrow. How I wish I could go back in time....
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm going to visit a couple of gunshops today, looking for ammo, I know one of the shops has a single shot 20 gauge I'm interested in, I need to stay focused on the ammo... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you 45.

Have fun "shopping" GK! :D
You know.......resisting something you really want will just add undue stress and anxiety. So.... for the sake of your health, you should buy it. Your family, your doctor, and all your friends here, want you to be happy and healthy. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I sure appreciate your concern for my wellbeing :lol: but the first shop didn't have the ammo I need ( tiny two inch .410 ) for rats and I chickened out of going to the second shop as I'm still undecided on the 20 gauge. I'm looking for a cheap single shot 20 gauge for a sort of truck gun type of thing, cut down and as mean looking as a single shot can look :? I may still buy the one I've seen as it has already had the stock cut down and a new recoil pad fitted, a bit short for me but still useable for my purpose.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I have a couple H&R 20ga singles. Usually these things come choked full, but one of mine is modified. I use that one the most. I tend to use singles in the Jeep come bird season. I have one in 16ga too. For me, it's the perfect bore for partridge. But, in all honesty, I've shot more birds with 20 than anything.
I always wanted to find a single with enough meat on the barrel to cut it back to 20 inches, then thread it for screw in choke tubes. I did find an already cut Stevens model 94 12ga that had already been cut, but it didn't fit me. It would belt my cheek bone something awful and I couldn't hit anything with it either. Oh well.....
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There's something about single barrel shotguns that appeals to me, I've had several in all gauges except 10 gauge. I had a Winchester 840 in 20 gauge when I was gamekeeping, I cut that one at each end and carried in the Land Rover, I gave it to my brother in law for his stepson. Trying to find another that's why I hesitated on the Italian folder that I know of.
I guess when you have hunted with a muzzleloader a single barrel shotgun is quite a step up in technology..... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Definitely. You can get pretty quick with them with practice. When I was using them on a four wheelerback in the 90s, I took a ride one morning at camp, and got 3 out of 3 in a group with a single 20ga.
Fun!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have a 16 by Eastern Arms, likely one of those they would brand for someone who bought a certain amount.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

With fewer manufacturers making single barrel shotguns these days it's a good job the old ones were made so well that there are still good serviceable examples on the shelves of gun shops today.

The latest state of the art firearms with all the fancy accessories are all very well but I like to know that I have at least one firearm that can take all sorts of abuse and still function under any adverse conditions. I think perhaps the early pioneers had the same idea.
STGUN43-Advert5x4-Grange-Gun-Company-Ltd-For-The.jpg
Very popular in the UK.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Everything made today has no fit or feel either. Just clubby garbage.
Well, back out for the week. Once the weather straightens out, I have to get going on that fence. Yippee.
I should also dig my Harley out of the cellar. I'm considerably more enthused about that. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You guys have all the best toys!! I ain't even got a cellar..... :(

The days are getting longer and the weather has improved and I'm getting more hunting in, the Squirrels seem to have increased in number since my son thinned them out.
My Winchester 9422 is taking its toll :D I may get rid of the semi auto Magtech I only bought it because it was screwcut for a silencer that I hardly ever use.

Jay, how did the search for the little boy go?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

As far as I know, they haven't found him. What a shame. I feel terrible for all involved.

That is a gun I regret not getting. I never had a 9422. The prices now are insane, and I have a bunch of 22 rifles, so it doesn't look like i will get one.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That is a shame, his family must be very distraught not knowing what happened.

My 9422 was a bargain, it hadn't been treated too kindly my the previous owner and now it looks like a well worn antique, it's one of the early ones from the 70s but has never let me down, I bought a saddle ring takedown screw off Joe Miller and have thought of refinishing the whole gun but I love the well worn look.
I have had two others in .22 Mag I should have never sold the first one, I had it imported from the States and it was exceptional in the accuracy department, the second one was not so good.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree with you! I like the worn look on a working gun. I forgot about the magnum version! That would be really neat!
I should have bought one. Like many others......
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just got word they found that boy's body. Sad.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's a tragedy for everyone concerned, family and rescue teams.

The first Winchester 9422M that I had was used regularly on a military range at 200 metres, with open sights it sure surprised a few bolt and scope gunners.... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's neat buddy. I don't know why I never picked one up. I sure bought a lot of other stuff I don't use. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There's still time, you never know you might find a bargain 9422 in some high tech gun shop that only understands plastic and aluminium..... :D

I know one old fashioned gun shop that doesn't have internet, the old guy (probably my age) ain't got a clue what different guns are selling for elsewhere, I've had a couple of bargains there.... :wink: