Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster,
You be's alone? Oh man...find out where they keep the precious metals and then find an exit door without a camera..... :D ....I knew...and still know a guy who would swipe anything, usually on the first day it was bought by the company......one time I was expecting to be the first one to use a new air compressor that came in at the end of my shift the previous day........(I worked in a satellite warehouse apart from the main plant) We would use air to blow off accumulated dust on top of the full pallets of soda.....anyway, I came in and it was gone thinking they needed it at the main plant..nope...good ole Billy on second shift came down and swiped it and had it sold before I came in the next day......

I always considered stealing stupid...you know, give up a great paying job with full benefits and 6 weeks vacation for something I didn't need? At the same time I wouldn't rat either, keeping my place at the top of the totem pole until June 30, 2016, my last day at 62 y.o.a......You do the same young man and you'll be able to be a professional bum like me, pulling in the big bucks for doing Nuttin'.....

That billy would steal all the toilet paper and paper towels. I used to tell him he giving up an 80K job for something they sell at Costco for $39.99...exact same big rolls of toilet paper and the huge rolls of white paper towels.

Here's the new Harley my boy got yesterday.....I know nothing about them....

Chip off the old block...top class all the way..... :D :D ----00

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I agree. Ain't worth losing my cushy job over. If I want something bad enough, I'll buy it. If I'm not willing to buy it, I didn't need it that bad.

Oh yeah. That's a Road Glide. Nice ride.
The RG has the "Shark bodied" fairing. It is fixed to the frame, and so is independent of the steering.
The Electra Glide and Street Glides have the "batwing" fairing. It attaches to the Forks, and moves with the handlebars.
The Roadglides have gained in popularity over the last few years, even though that style has been out for decades. Baggers as a whole have exploded in the last 10 years. What is in style ebbs and flows. It used to be that "real bikers" rode bikes like mine. Stripped down factory bikes or choppers. Twenty years ago, only duffers rode baggers, now every 20 something year old is on one.
Not me. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well if I can survive working for Westley Richards without stealing any of the handguns and rifles they had just laying around then I'm safe working with just about anything. :lol:

Six, your boy sure has a nice ride.... 8) I've never ridden a Harley although there's quite a few made it to this side of the pond.
I once put a full fairing on a old BSA but it amplified every little noise that I didn't want to hear from the engine..

88F here
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

105° next 5 days. 10% humidity, 15-25 on the wind. The ravens don’t fly in this weather. They just walk around in the shade of the 80 ft Cottowoods.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK...that Jayster is somethin'! He has all of the lingo for motorcycles, snowmobiles, Jeeps, and guns (nice guns as you never hear him using the "R" word.....a "bagger"? Is that those thingy's that fit on the side to carry all your S. ? Glad I never had one when I was young as one side would be full of ice and beer and the other side full of weed, rolling papers, hash pipes, and guns, and maybe an extra pair of socks if I decided to spend the night away.

Did ya ever wonder about the thousands of military motorcycles that were throughout England and Western Europe during WW2...

78, low humidity...near perfect......and I'm too beat from the last several weeks to enjoy it.-----00
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, I knew a guy who had a collection of WW2 vehicles he had a really nice Indian complete with Thompson (deactivated) in a leather scabbard, some scum bag broke into his garage and stole it... :(
Not the same bike but similar.
motorbike438235.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha! Yeah, I'm the lingo guy. :D

Yeah, those military Harley WLA's were cool. They had the 45" flathead they used for decades in all kinds of bikes and services.
When the military put out their specs, they called for a 500cc bike. Indian made a 500 as requested. Harley knew a 500 in a bike that big would be a complete turd, so they never said anything and made it a 750cc against the rules. Once they rode them, the government agreed and bought the Harleys. They did throw Indian a bone and bought a few from them.
Harley also experimented with an opposed cylinder engine like the German BMW. They thought it would run cooler in hot environments. Very few of those made. Rare birds today.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That ain't fair.....you guys and yo motorcycles......I told you before I'd like to have one but I have not matured enough to be responsible with a Harley....when my boy was 8 we bought him a Honda Z-50 and then another bike, a Yamaha IIRC...it was like 2 x the size of the Honda......anyway, I'd take the little Honda and build ramps out back and me and my boy would go flying over them....mom raised all kinds of hell as she didn't want her boy hurt. Same thing with snowmobiles...the further I flew the happier I was.

Anyway, GK....don't know what it is but there's always some no good piece of feces that has to steal the sweat of others. Loading your pockets with some extra bolts and nuts from work is one thing but the scum of the Earth will steal directly from another person. The older you get the more you realize how corrupt and rotten other humans are.

My dad was stationed in Germany from '45-'48.....mostly, if not all, occupation duty...he was an MP and all kinds of spoils of war were going on the cheap.....he bought an Indian motorcycle for 2 cartons of cigarettes and later sold it for $10. He was telling me how giddy he was on the profit he made. As it was U.S. military property he couldn't have taken it home anyway.

He routinely found K98's in the woods. All kinds of SS daggers, etc were in trash cans.....think....if you were SS you sure didn't want anything that could connect you with it.....the tattoo was enough.----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I think of that all the time. Ida flipped a nut over that stuff.
My mom's uncle used to tell me......"Not if you were there you wouldn't". He said he'd seen enough of it to last a lifetime. It just wasn't a big deal. He was one of the exceptions of most of the old guys around here (even the younger ones) in that he LOVED the 1911. He said at that time and well beyond a better handgun did not exist. He backed it up by carrying one when he went back on the warden force with my grandfather for a short while after the war. No doubt he was the only one.
He told me he had 2 brand new unfired Colt 1911A1s all stashed in his sea bag ready to go when he shipped home. As they were on the dock preparing to go, the brass was reading everyone the riot act about what would happen if they were caught with anything they shouldn't have. First they promised those caught wouldn't go home for a long time.
Gilly said he took the Colts and threw them down an outhouse, then got back in line. He said they never checked him, or anyone else that he could see. But like he said, "I wanted to go home a lot worse than I wanted those Colts". And, they just weren't then what they are now.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay...that's EXACTLY what I was told.....that's all those guys wanted to do was go home. One guy was telling around 20 years ago that not all the ships captains were the same. Some figured those guys went through enough so let em bring back what they wanted.

Whatever was turned in or caught by searching went directly to the officers. .....and the guys knew it....like your bud who threw them in the pooper this guy told me they just winged em overboard. It all depended on your ability to get into logistics. My one bud whose dad was a gun crank before the war managed to get MP-40's, Thompsons, a few other German machine guns I can't remember and a whole slew of other small stuff. He would have them shipped directly to his dad and after the war they had a room full...oh! Those Russian 9mm sub machine guns with the drums ...phush ' or whatever they are called....like a half dozen or more. This is the same guy who had a Colt Gatling gun, all kinds of R.W. muskets, Civil War Henry (I saw and handled that one but is was owned by another fellow by then.

When the guy I knew was in the service, his dad, who had all the guns.....close to over a thou....died and when my bud got out his step mother managed to sell everything. Yea, the almighty dollar and betrayal go hand in hand.----00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! That really sucks he lost all that. You're right though, it's an old story.

Yeah. The 1941 PPSH. It was called the papashaw. It shot 7.62x25 Tokerov I believe.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Don't laugh....read history.....study what leads up to a revolution or some other calamity within a nation......"they" just don't go and start taking people's S...it's slow incrementalism that's "for the good of everyone"....and if your not paying attention, it will be too late to go back......the perfect storm that was in Russia back before the Commie's takeover in 1917 is the easiest to understand. The Communist Manifesto should be read ....and understood.....by everyone.....

We were taught that when I was in school but it didn't register until I got older, mostly because I was enjoying the rewards of Capitalism and took it for granted.----00

I do know that we here on our thread already know this but as our thread is read a thousand times a day by the louie lookers, stalkers, behind the heater drinkers, rubber neckers, or otherwise boring people, maybe it may enlighten a few.---00

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Most people, even if they see what is happening, refuse to admit it. Both to others and mostly to themselves
The implications are too scary..
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My only fear of any upcoming revolution is that I'll be way too old to take an active part, always fancied being in the front with the flag..... :(

I'm down on the coast for a couple of days temperature down in the 70s feels chilly after the last few days.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The revolution already happened. Most on "our side didn't know it was being fought.

Oh yeah...... we lost.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Was it Trotsky that believed in perpetual revolution? Anyway I'm always up for a bit of action if it's against oppressive authority..... I should have been around in the 1770s.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK...your NOT too old to partake in the upcoming festivities. Guys like me and you are perfect as Jay is a bit younger. You and I don't care if we are on the front lines and charging with bayonets and a 1911.....in your case a Webly .455.....I can see it now, you and I next to each other, you carrying the Union Jack and me with the Stars and Strips climbing up the 5 foot ladder and "over the top".....when we get to the top we have to take a breather while guys like Jay are 100 yards out shootin' and knifing. :D

For real, there was a super old guy (80's..?) during our Revolution who was shot and bayoneted by the Redcoats and left for dead. Well, as soon as the coast was clear he rose up and continued fighting and lived to the ripe old age of somewhere near 100.....Jay is better at telling stories than I am so maybe he can fill in the details.

Sure would be nice for you to come over here and then Jay drive down and I'd take you right where it all happened. When I was a young man just getting into collecting without much cash to play with, it was very common for Brown Bess's to show up at local auctions.....where do you think they came from? :D I do remember the going price was around $400 for a nice Brown Bess....or about 4x what I made in a month and a half.

Oh hell, nice weather and I don't feel like doing nothing.....got my statement today from the people who manage my little cache of money and I lost another 12K since March and what's left only has the buying power of 80 some percent from last year....looks like Laquon and Velvetaquisha needed new sneakers.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I never heard that story! Sounds like one tough monkey!

Hahaha Laquon and Velvetaquisha! Hahahahaha wtf?
You Crack me up bro!
Just got back from the middle kids place.....again. More wrenching and appliance installs. That boy gotta buy some tools.

While I'm there, my buddy next door calls to borrow my trailer. That thing has been passed around more than a 3 dollar hooker.
Back in 99, I bought my first TJ. My pickup was put up in the winter so I bought a trailer so I had a way to haul stuff with the Jeep. You know, taking care of your own stuff. :shock:
Nobody else seems to suffer from that affliction. A few years ago, the axle finally gave out and the rims were rusted out, so I put a new axle under it and put on new tires and rims. I also POR15'd the whole trailer so it wouldn't rust, and put on plastic fenders.
It's weird, cause nobody showed up to help, except the old man.
Luckily, it didn't take me too long to do. I would have felt awful if it wasn't available for someone to borrow when they needed it. :roll:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! What a nice evenin'
Sitting out in the "dooryard" sippin some ice cold suds. Got my 70s tunes rollin in the garage. Crickets chirping. The fair is running this week and tonight they are having a demolition derby going. Redneck heaven boys! I don't live far from the fairgrounds.
Fun fact.....my town has the longest continuous running fair in the country.

Just finished up a beer and the skeeters found me. I'm headed in for a shower.
It's the middle of the month! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Guy at the course complained they gave him Bud Light instead of Miller Lite … quick correction in the 103° heat :o
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay..that's how it is.....it's a good feeling though, being totally self sufficient. You spend money on a trailer so you have no need to kiss A somewhere down the road. Most people are leeches.....and don't seem to mind their lack of self respect....or honor....

A demolition derby! I ain't seen one of those since the late sixties.....a bud of mine had a dad who used to buy junkers just for that.....late forties, early fifties cars.....everyone would be drinking and the teenagers like me would hide in the weeds and throw rocks at the windows, cinder blocks where they were driving, etc...had a blast.

I have a BIL who is the king of all parasites. This guy wouldn't wipe his A if he didn't have to......pretty close to Laquon and Velvetaquisha. :D you,know, I have to keep closed captions on because of my hearing and when the news comes on and one of "Philly's finest" talks to the reporter, half the words on closed caption have question marks, periods, or some other unintelligible word. When I set the language to English maybe before the news comes on I ought to set the language to Ebonics....at 5 words a second.

I just got done watching the Philly news and there was this car dealership that was giving away free gas....people were lined up a mile down the road! Imagine that, spend a day in line to get $50 worth of gas..(that was the limit)....then they go stop at the liquor store on the way"home" and pick up a $50 dollar bottle of Crown Royal..... :D

Seinfeld is on...bye
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha I hear you bro!
Kristy and I love Seinfeld. We all have picked characters that represent ourselves.
I tell ya bud, that demolition derby is a holiday around here. They have 3 or 4 of em in the 10 days of the fair. People parade their derby cars through town. Afterwards, you see smashed up derby cars sitting beside the road all over like badges of honor. Redneck heaven bro.
Sucks there is 500 miles between us. But, maybe the good Lord thought it best! :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

500 miles, I drove 225 round trip to install a night light at the wife’s cousins house yesterday.
Oh, I got married on June 11th. Dated her in 1975 and we started communicating in March of 2020, decided we still liked each other.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congratulations Harry! There's no better thing in life than having the right team mate. Keeps everything centered and in perspective.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations Harry :D it sometimes takes time to find the right team mate...

66F down here on the coast.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Indeed, congrats. Temperature diff, that is quite a bit.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

First news of the day...good ole Harry gets married.......in my case it was shackled.........

Nuttin going on..to bed at 3 and up at 1......crank on the 65 'er and "Weaponology" is on da screen. First thing I see is a bunch of Japs getting hit with a flamethrower...it's gonna be a good day....

Got a trailer full of 4 x 4 x 8' to unload, stack and little 1/4" slats between them to keep the air circulating......my 79 y.o.neighbor sees my growing pile and comes over....."ooo, oooo,,,can I have 2 of them?" I tell him to f.o. and get a job.... :D ...naaa, he a good guy and I told him to take whatever he needs.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well that's cause YOU'RE a good guy!

And seein' as you are, how bout giving me some nice Colts and Winchesters? :D
I don't want to go through the time and effort of building a collection. I want to spend my money on drugs and hookers. :D

Well, got some work done on the trailer today. Stood the front wall up and got it sheathed. Also built a good section of the passenger side long wall. It's still laying down though. Next I have to stand it and tie it in to the front wall and get it sheathed.
Then I will stand and sheath the back wall and do the opposite side to tie in.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Your doing a lot of "sheathing"......maybe one day you might have to get a sheath to guard you against monkey pox.....only requirements are you have to be a gene malfunctioned "tooter". Lots of money to be made from all this.

Mom just got off the phone with her sis.....mom's nephew, an insurance broker, was hit last night. He had a house built in a small neighborhood of around a dozen houses starting at 750k...you get it......last night a dark car stopped on the main road at 3 a.m. and a half dozen bro's jump out.......each one took a couple of houses and rummaged through everyone's cars......surveillance from people's cameras showed "young black males with hoodies on".....WOW! That narrows it down!

He didn't lose nothing as he had nothing of value in his unlocked car or his wife's car.

I don't feel sorry for him at all...while he's a great guy with a really nice family...and genius kids....he spends nothing on security. Here, at the compound, anyone or anything that gets closer than 75 yards will illuminate the entire area up like daytime.....and that's only the beginning......I don't want anyone stealing those Colts and Winchesters that have your name on them.

60-70% of retail is your cost.....but you knew that..

KEEP ON SHEATHING BRO!-----00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It ain't the lights that keep me away from those Colts and Winchesters. It's the claymores, bouncing betties,, and punji pits with poop covered stakes that worry me. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...you forgot the 30 yards of concertina wire with mines that have Tiger 1 destroying capabilities. That's before the moat that's 30' deep and full of alligators and Green Mamba's.

The bouncing Bettie's line the driveway along with the cluster bombs that are dropped by hovering Apaches.

Then I have the Japanese 320 mm mortars and St. Adolf's rail gun....that's YOU at the muzzle with your Inland carbine.

And I just sit outside in my easy chair with a strawberry milkshake.

And it's all for you!

One of my guys holding the 600 lb mortar projectile.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

(AS PER FOX NEWS)

Another example of a fine upstanding citizen. Really a nice guy who helped his grandmother shovel snow. He must have been suffering from a sore shoulder from all that shoveling when he shot and killed a 52 y.o. woman who was visiting her son's grave.

Yea, I guess I can expect one of those 87,000 IRS agents to run a fine toothed comb over my taxes next April 15th.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now......
How'd you know my carbine was an Inland? :shock:

Yeah, can you imagine?
We were down to my wife's aunts one time visiting. My wife wanted to see her grandmother's grave. My wife's cousin just kind of looked at her funny and said, "Oh! Nobody goes there, it's not safe." My wife said she was going to visit the grave so they could take us or she'd call a cab. I couldn't believe it! Grass was two feet high. Limbs and dead trees laying on the ground. Stones in disrepair, some knocked over.....
I was so grossed out. I mean I was MAD! I said to my wife's cousins husband (a really good guy), why do you put up with this? When you don't care about your dead being honored, your society has about bottomed out.
I told him, you give me my pick of a few old boys from back home, and I'll have this cleaned up in a week.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya bro.......just another reason why I want to be torched and scattered......

Whew! There was quite a shooting tonight on a philly playground.......over a hundred shots were fired......the cops had to use those little yellow placards with a letter prefix as they didn't have cards that went over 100. Yea, this S. is real........I got to find a picture.....

Here's a concerned citizen that says Philly needs the Nation Guard. (Might be hard to understand the closed captions) :D

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What the h3ll man?
Just more proof that thinking this country is going to vote itself right is total BS. Just a soulless cesspool where the losers are supported while the decent folks are crushed under the bootheel of a corrupt government.

Have a great day. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Shirley received in the post this morning a 6 month TEMPORARY shotgun certificate for her Mossberg, 5 months after her old one ran out, NO APOLOGIZES for delays and a warning that the temporary certificate does NOT allow her to buy or be gifted any new shotguns ... :shock: my police force were a little late with mine but at least they were full of apologies and didn't forbid me from obtaining more guns they just asked if I could please hold off any purchases until I got my full certificates back. The different police forces in England are blaming corvid for all the delays, some forces are over 12 months behind and others have confiscated guns or insisted that they are put in safe storage at a registered firearms dealer untill the full certificates are issued :idea: . See even if you own a gun in this (free country) you are constantly under the thumb... :evil:
Please don't tell me to move over there, if I were a Beaner instead of a Limey I'd already be there mowing your lawn.... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well if you came to Cali you could have some regulations, no govt apologies, get one gun a month and if you want to mow lawns I could have you set up the same day. The coast is cool, high mountains, hot deserts, you name it. A lawn care patient has over three hundred accts and was electrocuted by a frayed wire on a weed wacker. Tore his bicep loose, in a cast, arm terribly swollen, your accent would go great here.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah.
You're behind the times buddy. Twenty years ago, a beaner would be mowing the lawn. Now, even they have realized they don't have to do anything or work either. Free money and services for all!

Yeah......the covid excuse.
I use it when something completely absurd comes up. When someone complains about the weather, their car breaks down, a part gets scrapped at work.
I make sure I have a real serious look on my face and seem real sincere in my response.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Over three hundred accidents looking after grass :shock: I think I'll emigrate to where I don't have to work like OW said.... :?
Back in 65 I was a groundsman at the Warwickshire County Cricket ground, best job I ever had, we got paid O/T for drinking free beer with the players... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Do you know why blacks and beaners don't want each other's kids to intermarry? .....Because they are the afraid the offspring will be too lazy to steal. :D

Oh I tell you boys...I'll show ya to turn pages....party everyday.....I had a dream last night.....a dream where anyone who wanted to, could follow President Lincolns free offer....and go to Liberia.

Good ole Trent Lott and his mentor, Strom Thurmond.

98 shots......4 in the hospital.....and no protests

Just repeating the news
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Repeating news?
I don't want to hear it the first time! :D
All depressing, absurd BS I can't do anything about. FK em!

I got up this morning, the wife made me a nice big omelet and coffee. While she took Gracie for a walk, I sat downstairs for a few and cranked some 90s grunge (yup, I went there :D ) while I opened up some new mags, numbered them, and put em in service. Good stuff! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

How about that Liz Cheney.???!!!!.....that filthy heart stealing father of hers needs to go to hell for the death of thousands of our boys in Iraq.....just so Halliburton could thrive and Dick could continue to be himself, what his first name is.

Did you know that when super rich people need a heart, kidney or some other vital organ, a Mexican disappears off the street?
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man Jay...what a wake up extravaganza! THATS what I'm going to have ...a mega omelet with peppers, onions and little chips of hot dogs......big ole 20 ounce coffee and then go outside to play....in your case, work on the trailer.

Dunno, still have to unload those 4x4's and get another load of stone....maybe today..probably tomorrow

Was thinking of starting a fight at the auction house by taking the Colt Realtree Anaconda with the 2x7 camo scope, complete with all papers and huge carrying case. My bud offered me $2200 and I laughed in his ugly face. They were only made in 1996.---00
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Ida laughed too. When you figure they are getting 1800 to 2k for a new one, that's a joke.
It's crazy how prices are. While I don't have anything like you have, I have some decent old guns for up here. I've got to hunt with and shoot some cool stuff, but when it comes right down to it, a 20" 94 carbine in 30-30 is almost impossible to beat. They are boring, and they made millions of them, but there's a reason why.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay......let's laugh together, OK? :D you ever see these posts on "the one gun only" scenario? Excepting .22's (which would be my choice) some guys write, "Oh! Id have to vote for my 500 Smith & Wesson!" Or possibly, "oh! My 300 Remington Ultra Mag would be my only keeper." Sometimes, sometimes you'd hear, "my 350 Legend in my over-engineered-can't-get-no-parts-with-a-36X-Nightforce-Scope-with-a-60mm-objective-lens." :D

Your absolutely right...the 30-30 WINCHESTER pre-64 carbine with its 170 gr bullet is "the S." of course guys like me and you would have a 32-20 chamber adapter.

Put the plug in the pond yesterday and rose the water level 8"....came out today and beat up the bottom to raise the algae and mud.......then pulled the plug.....several thousand gallons of yucky water went out da tube in 20 minutes.

As I write this a mangy fox is 20' from the window walking towards the woods..... Looks starved. Gave him a whole chicken with the best meat off of it about an hour ago......Age does something to a man.....dang! should have taken a pic.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I see garbage like that all the time. Stuff they could never find ammo for, weighs 27lbs, or takes all kinds of unobtainable parts. Morons.

Yeah, whenever I see stuff like that running around in broad daylight, seemingly unafraid, and it don't look right, red flags go up. Watch for rabies buddy.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I love those " one gun " questions on forums...... I try to imagine what some of those guys are like, big game hunters with zero experience but read a lot of gun mags... :lol:
Yesterday I was reading on a knife forum about the best knife for a mountain lion attack, everything except a bread knife was mentioned despite the photo of a 3" folder some old guy used to kill the mountain lion that attacked him.... :roll: the mind boggles.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:40 pm Guy at the course complained they gave him Bud Light instead of Miller Lite … quick correction in the 103° heat :o
Yup, no fun around here! I'm in the southwest corner of the Mohave with Mtns separating me from LA! :(
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Near what town. Playing golf in a bit waiting for max heat maybe 104° today. Couple Buds for hydration.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ain't da knife GK.......it's the lunatic that's holding it...few years ago some guy killed a grizz with a Buck knife..(I think) .....all I carry is a Leatherman MUT knife but it's on a lanyard attached to my belt and I can get it out and open in a second or two. I showed mom last night and she was impressed........did you see dat bro who came up behind the skinny white guy at the gas station? First, he never would have got that close to me as I'm always in condition yellow with a tad or orange mixed in when I'm in da public.....

But....if worst came to worst and I couldn't get my gun my leatherman would have been driven into that cats thigh bone deep and as he let go due to the extreme pain that next jab would have been straight in his face.

Jay...it's common for foxes to walk around during the day when there's no pressure on them....in your area there's too many muzzles pointed at them.....here, they are almost pets.

On to nice things...JAY, you need any 4 x 4's for your trailer? Be great for the roof and making steps with a landing. I'm serious...if for some weird reason you get down this way I'd spot ya about 40 of em.

I like pictures.

Behind the little barn

More

Got these the other day

My secret supply. ...stopped by there today......lots of fence rails but only about 20 4x4's...not enough for me to drive back and get the trailer and my Jeep. I don't dare tell anyone about this....The people in this area pay more in real estate taxes than what I make in a year so there's little pressure. Just a few rednecks stop in there.

Miss Apple (black Shih Tzu) and Miss Asia the white Shih Tzu

Model A Uzi’s