Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Yes. The colder the climate, the slower the growth rate. Wood is more dense. It's not as good here as it used to be either. Trees also don't grow as big, or as straight. Like everything now.....trash.

Funny on the newer Winchesters. I felt exactly the same as you. Junk you could buy for 150 bucks. And still didn't bother.
However, around here in the last 5 years or so, those guns have increased in value more than the old ones. I can't believe the prices they get for them. Anything made in New Haven. Crazy.
I have 3 post 64 94s. They are my truck guns, users, and beaters. I have hardly anything in them, but they do shoot well.
My son carries one almost daily in Alaska. It has a hard life. My oldest son has one too, but it just sits in his gun room.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool! I love old books and magazines like that. I always save them and like to look through them once in a while.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sure..they make excellent shooters in a great cartridge......they are not junk by any stretch of the imagination ...they work and shoot well...they are just not collectible and their prices are in a bubble......

The commemoratives are "a plenty" at silhouette matches but these are mostly rifles without that band.

Hey, you want your copy? ...unedited.... :D .I'll send it in a PM.....these guys here are always looking for free stuff.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Battered Bastards of Baseball, Netflix, best movie you will see :!:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well looking over these 94 prices on line, they have been very good investments, all primo never more than $450 including the 61.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Remember boys and girls.....
It's much easier to march nice people off to the slave labor camps.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm only nice to good looking females but even that has got me burnt....... :(

Winchester 94s have risen in price over here in the land of bolt actions.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, have an idea of the price of any grade or year of 94 over there in excellent condition or even average? I have only followed the more common guns that I have which may include only a couple collectors pieces. I think the ones I have cover 61, 85, 88, 90, 98 and 2005.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, where I am at the moment I can't get " Guntrader UK " the WiFi has a blocker on it. :roll: I could get on " Gunstar UK " and saw one at £700. looked fairly newish.
A year or two ago you could pick up 94s for £250 / £400. Advertisers don't often give much in the way of details on age.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks gk.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Winchester 94s are not as common over here for hunting so sometimes it's hard to find one that ticks all the boxes, other times there maybe quite a few come up for sale, same with Marlins.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They come that way here, certainly when a guy dies and someone is selling the guns. We don’t see many levers in that.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The problem I have here is if I see a rifle I'd like to buy I have to get a "variation" on my firearm certificate which also means having just cause to use that rifle, this all take time and the police firearms departments are often slow to process your request.

Shotguns are much easier to acquire and I don't use my rifles that much anymore I have thought of surrendering my firearm certificate and just keeping the shotgun certificate, it would be less hoops to jump through and cheaper but NO WAY AM I GIVING IN TO ANTI GUN POLITICIANS.... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had to get police chief’s permission in 1966 to buy a .22 revolver in New Jersey. Not so here in Cali but a 10 day wait. Varying laws across the US state to state and more.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Are there any State laws that are more restrictive than the UK ?? I don't want to point the Crocodile in the wrong direction...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A decade or two ago in Indiana it seemed that the leverguns were all getting sold or traded for 7mm Mag bolt actions or AR-15's, but nowadays I rarely see any leverguns in shops for sale other than new-production Henry's or sometimes Marlins or Brownings.

Ten years ago though I snapped up some good deals on used ones.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

States no I would say but some cities like New York, Chicago, DC. are the most restrictive.

They run into the Second Ammendment with some positives for us. I began actively working in pro 2nd politics here in 1988.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We don't have any of that garbage here. No restrictions on private sales. We have online and print public forums (Uncle Henry's) we buy, sell and trade with. Constitutional carry. You can hunt deer with anything but 22LR, hunt with suppressors, predator hunt with thermal optics at night suppressed, no semi auto or magazine restrictions. Only semi auto restriction is 5rnd mag for deer hunting.
Guns are just a part of life here. You can point the croc this way buddy. It's even the shortest distance. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And gk, when the croc arrives …
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, Maine sounds like a mighty fine place to reside in, I already have a modest bucket list of firearms that I've always had a hankering for...

Fred, very kind of you to supply the Mule I really appreciate the generous offer..

If only I had met you guys when I was younger...... :cry:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I like it here.
I feel that exact same way when we go to Alaska to see my son. If only I were younger, I'd consider moving. There are only a couple places I've seen that I would consider.
If you get back to the states, my door is open to you buddy.

My gun room door too. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I truly appreciate your friendship, but you might regret opening your gun room door...... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no. Most of that stuff is languishing anyway.
But about my ammo....... :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, Maine is the place to start. Don’t be fooled by your southwest trip. If OW had you there in a neighboring cabin … look out :shock:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I reckon I could have a lot of fun living up there in Maine, Shirley's learning to play the Banjo and there's bound to be some good teachers up there too....... :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I did a video playing the banjo and singing Oh Susanna.

Had friends in OWs area. Visited a few times definitely its own place. We traveled around from Baxter State Park to Camden and over to Bar Harbor from around the Milo area.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:02 am I reckon I could have a lot of fun living up there in Maine, Shirley's learning to play the Banjo and there's bound to be some good teachers up there too....... :D
There are some great places to teach for your missus. There are some very small schools up north with just a few people.
My mother's cousin taught in Shirley in a one room school up until they finally closed it and sent the kids to Greenville. She lived in Greenville and could ride her snowmobile or 4 wheeler down the old track bet to school every day. Beautiful country.
OS may have been to Greenville. I know he was close on some of his visits.
Some of the small coastal towns are great to. Probably would remind you of home, other than everyone driving on the wrong side of the road. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Corinth up to Millinocket was the area we traveled with some locals and Schoodic Lake. Greenville probably very similar my guess. And OW is certainly right; the coastal towns are very scenic.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I would love to try the Haddock and Chips up there...... :D

Went to a Toy Shop today to get some powder, Lil'gun was $86.66 a tub seemed a bit steep so I just got some primers, I'm only going to reload a few experimental .410 loads so I'll use what I have.

I did pick up a few .410 shells #7s and #5s and he had a very cheap 20 gauge folding single barrel I might pickup if I ever get my license back from the police, although the Cops have extended my license because of the delay they requested that I don't sell or buy any guns while it's being processed... :?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, one thing about up there, Maine is actually south of you.

Twitter has been sold to Elon Musk, we’ll see if that changes the lay of the land on discourse since they wanted to silence conservative voices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well gk, one thing about up there, Maine is actually south of you.

Amazing what a difference the Gulf Stream makes.

Never Twitted myself but if President Trump is fine with it great news..
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If the poles shift it could be tropical ;-)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well a change is as good as a rest so they say.

Had a email from my local constabulary, they haven't checked my firearm security for 10 years so could I update them on where and how my guns and ammo are stored. I was tempted to mention a canoe accident but thought better of it.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Middle boy stopped over with his new toy last night.
He bought a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. Insane!
Supercharged 392 Hemi with a 6 speed manual.
717hp with 650ft lbs of torque.
Tell ya boys..... ol Jay has been in and driven some fast cars, but this thing is unbelievable. Naturally, when he tossed me the key, I had to try it out. :D

Oh yeah. On a less exciting note....
My Jeep Gladiator Rubicon came in. I will probably pick it up in a day or two.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bet keeping that baby in a straight line right off the blocks can be, let's say interesting!!!!!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hellcat would certainly be more than I would want to handle. Would like to try the Rubicon but no need for it or more than my 146 hp.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:09 am I bet keeping that baby in a straight line right off the blocks can be, let's say interesting!!!!!!
You know, it's weird. The old muscle cars that was very true. I ran this thing through first, and when banged 2nd I was all ready for a struggle. While it certainly broke them loose, it stayed straight and predictable much better than I thought it would. Fantastic car!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

At 51,000 miles the lower control arms are being replaced. Mercedes used a system that involves a lot of movement there for handling. If you go on the net you will see a number of owners stories about this issue. My wife’s only has a 6. I would imagine a lot more force would translate into a lot more stress on the system. She is waiting on he dealership now to return the car. We shall see how that turns out.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully your wife's car gets resolved.
This thing is tight as a drum. His old purple one with the 348 Hemi was too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My landlord recently bought a Land Rover Discovery Sport, took it to France and it broke down Land Rover in France don't know what's wrong with it and are shipping it back to England. Land Rover paid for hotel bills, hire car and air fares, great customer service but Land Rovers nowadays are JUNK.
I once worked for a writer and film director who bought a fancy Rover saloon that broke down when he was due to pickup an important TV boss, I offered him my 1956 series one if he wanted a reliable ride.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:19 am My landlord recently bought a Land Rover Discovery Sport, took it to France and it broke down Land Rover in France don't know what's wrong with it and are shipping it back to England. Land Rover paid for hotel bills, hire car and air fares, great customer service but Land Rovers nowadays are JUNK.
I once worked for a writer and film director who bought a fancy Rover saloon that broke down when he was due to pickup an important TV boss, I offered him my 1956 series one if he wanted a reliable ride.... :lol:
That is good service.
The real difference is that when the old ones broke down, you could fix it yourself beside the road.

That's some of the reason I went to the Gladiator. While the electronics are just as ridiculous as my Dodge, everything else is much simpler. Solid front axle, as God intended on a truck, and much more robust running gear. An actual transfer case SHIFTER, instead of some soccer mom electric button shift.
Garbage.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, only symptom was a little front end noise turning the wheel all the way when it first came out in the morning. Otherwise drove fine.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's one advantage of being deaf......... I can't hear expensive noises my car makes... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Zero, zippo cost. Pat bought a $2450 extended warranty when she bought it with about 24,000 n it. Has proven to be worth it.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is the dealers report.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes extended warranty can pay off sometimes, I usually pass and trust to luck.... :?

Just for fun I loaded some two inch .410 shells with black powder and RB, out of a three inch chamber and full choke accuracy did not exist.... :lol: Going to try it with two and a half and three inch shells next just if anything remotely useful happens.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On the cutting edge there gk. My .410 is a Marlin lever made about 32. I should send it to you under the Lend Lease Act and avoid all that local control.

Looks like this.