Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by .45colt »

"I know one old fashioned gun shop that doesn't have internet" . I was a few states away last year going fishing and we stopped at a little out of the way sports store. been there for 60 years. looking around back behind one counter was a corner full of shotgun barrels. I asked the Owner is their any Browning Auto 5 barrels in there? He roots around and pulls out a made in Japan Auto 5 barrel with invector chokes. (exactly what I was looking for) how much? he quoted Me a price from long ago and I was Happy. Just never know what may be lurking in some shop. :) .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
I've posted pics of my old haunt here before. Not only no internet, but no plumbing or modern heating, either.
Gotta take a wiz? Go out behind the corner of the shop. And throw a stick of wood in the stove on the way by.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The kind of gun shops I can't abide are the snobby ones where only the most expensive guns are sold, if you don't wear tweeds, drive a Bentley and order your cartridges by the thousands they look down their noses when you walk in... :roll: unfortunately we have quite a few like that, I even worked for one.
On the other hand we have gun shops where you can BS all day and not spend a dime, those are the places I spend my money, usually only for a couple of boxes of ammo of or a can of gun oil but they also have the most interesting firearms too.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree.
Here, it's the "counter commandos" I can't abide. They think they know everything and that everyone else knows nothing.
Out to my buddy's place, everyone sits around shooting the breeze. Maybe a few guys hovering over a project that may or may not have anything to do with guns. He is 80 now and his health isn't very good. It will be the end of an era.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear that another place of sanctuary and sanity is coming to an end... :( Pretty soon buying on the internet will be the only way to get anything.. :roll:

I also share your dislike of "counter commandos" I have met a few in my time, being told what I should use by someone who has never done it really rankles. On the other hand some are clueless, I once saw a Kentucky rifle on a shelf and asked if I could look it over and was handed a Rolling Block????

I used to have buddy with a gun shop up in Herefordshire, he had a real good sense of humor, sometimes when selling a gun he would make up stories about who owned the gun originally, usually a film star or member of the royal family.... :lol: he even tried to sell me Audie Murphy's steel helmet until I pointed out the big red cross on the front.. :lol:
DL2750-3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that's funny!
We used to do that when we were kids working at my buddy's dad's gas station.
Those outta staters would inevitably ask about the winters here. We would start telling tales and scaring the bejesus out of them. Especially if it was getting late in the summer. We had great fun doing that. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I saw pics from a friend of a guy leaning on the cross bar of a telephone pole. He was standing on the snow.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The winter of 62/63 we had deep snow like I'd never seen before, I remember coming across a big round metal sign just poking out of the snow, on closer examination it was a speed restriction sign on a long pole !!

That same winter the Wood pigeons were stripping any plant that they could find above the snow, I shot quite a few for crop protection but most were near death anyway.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Kinda switched gears on the fence out back. Instead of digging, I'm going to do it like the one I did last year, only scaled up. Driving a pilot post is a lot more accurate for location. I also don't have to wait for cement to dry and hope to maintain location and plumb. Then the post slides down over a couple "donuts" on the pilot.
I had good luck with the picket fence I did this way last year.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I haven't had to do any fencing for years, I used to enjoy it and making styles for the more elderly shooters to climb over. I found that the easier I made getting around the shoot, like making safe bridges complete with hand rails over ditches and streams the my tips were much bigger at the end of the days shooting....and believe me on a gamekeeper wage tips were important... :wink:

Any one here used Short Lane adapters ? I have a Gauge Mate 16 to .410 but if I get another 20 gauge I'm thinking the Short Lane 20 gauge .410/.45 would be handy.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I was gone on vacation fro two weeks first of May . I must have missed something ,where is Six?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 am I was gone on vacation fro two weeks first of May . I must have missed something ,where is Six?
You haven't missed anything here.
Six is gone. Gunny is gone. Old GK and me are just keeping a nightlight on.
On one hand, I'm pretty busy, so I haven't been posting much. There is definitely a difference though.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks Oldwin, I sent an e-mail to Pitchy before Easter wishing Him well, He replied He is just taking a break. Gunny is a remarkable Guy with loads of experience and Six is a character to rival Terry Murbaugh. I wish them All well and hope to See them here again sometime. I don't have much but it sure was Fun to rub elbows and learn from those that do.
And I'm pretty busy here as well .rained all spring , big storms yesterday and the yard is like a swamp. after a dozen trips to the dermatologist they are tired of cutting Me up . So maybe back to normal. :shock: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Both Six and Gunny are good. I've been in contact with both.
Matter of fact, I should reach out this week.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun and Terry Murbach :?: :?: Come to think of it I do see some similarities....... :wink:

I miss Gunny's photos and Labrador stories :( I also miss Six's advice on all the foreign gun companies... :lol:
Me missing my friends_.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Bull snake hanging around for the last week or so, it spent some time in the garden then decided to have bird eggs for a snack
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Who knew?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have never liked snakes even though my job occasionally brought me into contact with them, my son however is fascinated by them.
2cc7mmhgz8v21.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't have an opinion either way with snakes. I'm not afraid of them, nor do I like them.
However, my opinion really doesn't count. Maine doesn't have any poisonous or big snakes.
The only snake story I have is from about 25 years ago. We were up to camp riding 4 wheelers and went down an old trail towards a flowage. At one time it had a wooden dam and sluiced wood during the old days. Up on the bank was an old camp of vertical logs, rough, but still being used as a camp. :shock:
The area where the camp was was the site of an experiment debarking the logs in the woods. While grass covered the area, the ground was full of bark from decades before. Due to thus, the ground in this are was very warm. When we rolled up with wheelers, the ground looked alive. Literally hundreds and hundreds of snakes started slithering through the grass. They all went right under that old camp. :shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Snakes Hmmm?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

snakers-gonna-snake_o_305037.jpg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Enough of Snakes!!!! How about a Willys Woodie :?:

This is one of 95 made from war surplus Jeeps by Willenhall Coachcraft in the West Midlands, England in the late 1940s.
jeepwagon_05.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that's pretty cool! Probably worth a fair amount of change now. Especially if all original.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bald guys shouldn’t mess with snakes :)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

76832d72344a68c436a685c189446e7b.jpeg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got the plywood decking tore off that trailer thus past week. Man! That stuff was on there. Must have. A thousand screws. And the edges were rotted enough it was almost impossible to pry it up. No problem. Took the chainsaw and cut inside all the fasteners. Then removed the plywood and pried up the rest. There was some thin fiberglass insulation underneath with Masonite on the bottom. What a garbage way to construct something for this country. Now we will remove the 2x4 "stringers. I can't believe this was rugged enough to hold together.
After we treat the frame, we will start construction. It will be far superior to this mess. And hopefully, not a lot heavier.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, it's nice to know you will be keeping out of trouble and not having too much fun for a while.... :lol: send us some photos of the completed trailer.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:21 am Jay, it's nice to know you will be keeping out of trouble and not having too much fun for a while.... :lol: send us some photos of the completed trailer.
Haha yeah. And that's AFTER I get two fences put up. Not looking like a lot of "down time" this summer. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have more down time than I know what to do with, apart from cutting firewood I don't have much to worry about but Shirley keeps thinking up things that need doing... :roll
Retirement made me lazy, after all those years of working for others I decided that I was going to be the easiest boss ever to work for..........but production has surely fallen to an all time low.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahaha that's priceless buddy!
Well, I already have a setback. Was going to start the fence today, but have to go help the middle boy move. There's another day gone.
He has had the old Dodge and the enclosed snowmobile trailer for 3 days. Good thing dad has Old Red or he'd be afoot.
Guess I should have bought another full size truck......so everyone could borrow it. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yep, grown up son's can mean you need two of everything or you end up with nothing..... :lol: but what else are Dad's for... :?:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah really bud!
I ran all day today too. They close on the kids house tomorrow. And, he made an offer that was accepted on a new one. So......apparently I will be moving stuff again. Of course, that means his stuff won't be in my garage anymore, so.........

So! I did manage to finish the demolition part of the trailer today. Now, I just have to wire wheel the frame all off and get it treated. The it will ready to start construction.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Got to work on my 04 700 sportsman yesterday, pulled the grille and both racks cleaned them then sprayed with herculiner, pulled the old headlights and put LED’s in.
Trump 2024

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Looks good Harry!
The older 4 wheelers are way better. The newer stuff is way too complicated. The kiss of death for anything ran offroad......and on road IMO.

Changed the oil in the transmission on my old Jeep last week. Mine, and Six's, are in the few years they put the NV3550 in the TJ's. They used these transmissions in full size Dodge four wheel drive trucks, and it is probably the toughest transmission ever put in a Jeep. They are a little noisy and notchy, but I don't care about that.
I changed the transmission oil at 40k, and put in Penzoil Syncromesh. It has been ok, but from what I've been reading, the best you can use is Redline MTL. The Jeep has 62k on it now, so I choked down the 65 bucks for a gallon :shock: and ordered some.
Wow! I instantly noticed a big difference. The real test will be after it's in there a while, but I'm real hopeful so far. I don't mind giving the old girl the best, cause I will have it forever. It doesn't see a lot of miles. It's taken almost 20 years to get that 62k.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Harry that looks like a tough little work horse... :mrgreen: I guess you need it too on your new spread.

Jay, I couldn't agree more on the over technical so-called enhancements they build into ever new vehicle. KISS has always been the way to go in my book... :wink:
Wish I could have kept my last Land Rover, infact the guy who bought it off me said exactly that " I'm going to keep it forever " but I wonder if he has.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I feel your pain buddy. They were a cool rig for sure.
I really wish I still had my 59 Willys CJ too!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GK, I’ve had it since 2005. Bought it to haul elk out with, added 200# coil overs to the rear and 100# to the front, I’ve hauled two cow elk at a time out with it. It is a bit crowded though.
Trump 2024

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Harry, that's awesome :mrgreen: I don't have nearly as much of a problem with Squirrels but it still would be nice to have a four wheeler :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You can honest GK. You just want a 4 wheeler to go out and outrun the cops, don't you? :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, that would be fun..... I outran one on a motorcycle once but he was just a local Bobby on a 250cc Ariel Leader.... :lol:
OBM-Nov-p16.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We used to make a "sport" out of running the cops. Mostly on dirt bikes because it was real easy. When we transitioned to the street, we continued, and noticed it was a LOT more adrenaline. We used to change to another plate, or pull them, and head out.
Yeah, we were a bunch of yahoo's.

I went out last night after supper and started wire wheeling the trailer frame. What a miserable job. I was filthy when I was done. I got about half of it anyway.

Oh! And my Bob Mernickle holster came for my Python.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I would probably put the trailer on hold while I tried out that new holster......NICE :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. The holster is definitely more fun!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

tmpmini_magick20200126-139-15cp8q6.png
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

One of My Co-Workers was a very Good mechanic and had spent a lot of time with a wire wheel. I seem to re-member Him saying the guy that invented the Wire wheel also invented the sandblaster at a later date................. :shock: .
If You give Me a choice between a day with the wire wheel or having a tooth pulled I'd go for the tooth..........both hurt but the tooth is gone for ever.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. I was picking wires out of my shirt, pants, legs.......the rest of the night.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Any of you Colonials seen anyone flying the 🇬🇧 for the Queen's platinum jubilee this weekend?? I doubt you will need yer Kentucky rifles though..... :wink:

Just imagine 70 years of joe biden ...... :shock:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Keep joe around for 70 years and gas will be $900.00 a gallon......it's all Putin's fault. :shock: .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You can’t make this stuff up.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

For Maniacs and others …