Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Jay Bird

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Jay Bird »

I won! I wish to have a tissue sample of that orange carbuncle Fred has---006
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A bruise from the surgery. The surgeon said nothing to worry about.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That bruise looks pretty gruesome but it's just a bruise, bet the surgery was much worse!

I've been on & off the can since 0100!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Fred I believe the medical term is OWIE!
Gunny thanks for sharing!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Didn't want to get too technical ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Tom Fred started it, I guess its medical Monday so share your cuts, x-rays, whatever .
Here like this-
C6FD7D3C-A0BD-4C3C-B71B-F39CEA6B1349.JPG
I was cutting heavy gauge SS screen wire for a chip cover for my router table, the welded wire tore loose and sliced me open. 3 stitches and permanent nerve damage- side always feels numb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

No pictures but I did have four transurethral cancer surgeries. I can show pictures of the opening if you want.....but I am guessing we would all be banned.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had a cut similar to that on my right thumb. It is why I stopped using levelwind baitcasting reels. The feeling took almost 15 years to return. I never took pictures.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes, Wallerian degeneration and regeneration, 1/4" a month.

Ah, X-ray's. 1988, bone came out of the other hip for this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That stainless steel shows up quite well in the X-rays.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny cuts himself on a daily basis..so do I. People who actually work for a living have to deal with these calamities. Desk jockeys and white collar guys need not apply......except for Fred...whoa! ....that's what I call a bruising.....it's always the "little guy" who gets banged up while the educated ones have "dishpan hands" for squeezing the soft stuff.....the girls used to tell me to "take those work gloves off."

We buy alcohol, peroxide, and bandages by the barrel along with phone lines on speed dial to the trauma center.

Well, I have a ditch that needs to be brought down to the clay, about 18" of slop.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ahhhh, things are better, much better this morning!

Yes Six my day isn't complete without drawing my own blood. It's rare to go more than a couple days without being cut, impaled, hit, stabbed or hitting a finger. Part of the job. I think the worst is like last Thursday I got a leetle too close with a slaptacker to my left middle finger and caused a .28 caliber blood blister- those are annoying!

So I ran into this guy one day at Lowe's. I asked if I could take a picture of his van. Sure go ahead.
20210504_060604.jpg
Dunno about you but I got a kick out of it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like his humor.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Gunny, I'd hire that guy as a undertaker but he can keep his catering service......... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The Mrs. got a roofing or siding nail in the passenger rear tire of her Grand Cherokee. Who knows how long it's been in there? Her tire alarm went off Friday with 27 pounds in it. I was working so I squirted in 43 pounds and prayed for a slow leak. This morning it still has 39. :shock:
It's as slow as me!

The old man hit the river with the boat Saturday and picked a five gallon pail of fiddleheads. Not bad for 80. Tough old coot.

All the driveshaft rebuild parts showed up yesterday for Old Red. Still waiting on the output yoke from Quadratec.
If I order drive shaft components, I get em from this place called Dennys Driveshaft. Last week, I ordered a Currie Antirock swaybar for the Rubicon from Morris 4x4, and an output yoke from Quadratec.
I ordered the u-joints and centering ball from Dennys last. I have them.
The other stuff hasn't even shipped. WTH!?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It sounds as if you get to drive your Jeep about once every three months. If it were a horse, you would shoot it. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:43 am It sounds as if you get to drive your Jeep about once every three months. If it were a horse, you would shoot it. :lol:
Haha yeah. Funny thing is, it's pretty spotless for a wheeler. I just keep after it really well. I'm always tinkering on it and checking things over.
Old Red has about 178k on it. I put a motor in it at 145 cause I broke a piston skirt. Very common on the the old 4 bangers. In spite of the miles, it is in great shape. It hasn't been run in the winter since 2009 and was sprayed under with oil twice a year. It has zero rust. To my knowledge, the front driveshaft has never been done and the centering ball is pretty loose. While it's out, may as well replace all the u-joints too.
Here is a pic of the 03 Rubicon and Old Red as they sit today.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Impressive, they both look the Real Deal..... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Talk about wheeling, I wheeled this thing on roads from here to the Grand Canyon. ;-) 74K, probably been on wet grass and a dirt road somewhere.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Today's fun & games!
20210504_111500.jpg
(Not in final position yet)
Staircase, 48" wide and 20' long. We rigged a chain hoist from the attic and just lifted it up into place. Easypeasy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes OS! That's some hard-core wheeling for sure!
Good job Gunny. That would take me a month 8f measuring everything 17 times before cutting......and still screwing up. :D

Well, I got the drive shaft for Old Red rebuilt today. Replaced the centering ball and both universals in the double cardan. Now just waiting for that stupid output yoke. Old Red is still a 2wd only for the time being.
I told dad he could probably qualify the old crate for a handicap plate. It's at 50%. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Jay we don't do ANY math- just call the stair company! They come measure and make & deliver them, we just install em!

My mechanic buddy has been chasing u joints on The Beast, now the fronts are squeaky- time to do those! Guess I can't complain, 2007 with less than 60k on it. Poor thing is getting crunchy... :( When it rots away ill pull the Cummins and trans/transfer and put them a 70s vintage Vette, won't be fast but boy will it smoke tires!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey....Jays has a cleeeeaaaaannnn Jeep and Gunny gave me vertigo looking at that staircase....Old Fred is wheeling away and Piller is staying civil....

I'm being a bum....high humidity today and just didn't feel like doing nuttin'.....or even talking for that matter.....

My son and his family have Covid....tells me everyone is just moping around..low to no energy......heck, I feel that way normal.---006
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, we have miles to go out here all the time. Thinking: Detroit lockers, Positraction, limited slip differential ... what works best???

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:02 pm OW, we have miles to go out here all the time. Thinking: Detroit lockers, Positraction, limited slip differential ... what works best???
Well, this is just my opinion, but here goes.....
For a rig that is a daily driver, and sees a lot of road use with an occasional trip to the hills, I recommend the Detroit Tru-Trac.
Years ago, I use to run Old Red back and forth to work, but the kids and I wheeled it too. It has the relatively weak Dana 35 rear axle, so I didn't want it locked solid to avoid breakage.
After some research, I decided on the Tru-Trac. It is basically a high bias limited slip, similar to the Torsen that Toyota uses.
I installed one in Old Red in 2005. It's still there. Zero issues. Zero messing around. It is gear based so there is no clutches to wear or additives to mess with.
It is seamless on the road and gave Old Red twice the capability off road. I can't say enough good about it.
I think I paid around 400 bucks for it back then.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

When I had my 08 Rubicon I was impressed by the factory lockers. I've mentioned us being in the woods cutting timber before but that's the only time I locked both the front and rear diff's. It went where I pointed it through snow where I shouldn't have gone! ( knowing I had a skidder to get me out)

Six that staircase is looong! Normally stairs aren't this long but we had to do this for a reason. 11' ceiling from garage to living quarters. Since this is getting a chair lift it had to be a straight run. It's a huge expanse of treads for sure!

Looks like more rain today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Lockers are the difference. Always.
Always use caution with the front, however. When you cut the wheels, the strength of your front axle universals are greatly reduced. Couple that with the huge torque multiplication of a Rubicons 4:1 low range, and it's easy to break one. Breaking an axle universal can cause knuckle separation in many cases. Not good in the back country. :D

I never understood people who buy a 4 wheel drive, then spend 3k on stupid light bars, huge lifts, and "angry eye" grilles. For the same cash they could have got lockers and a winch. A stock rig with lockers and skid plates will go where those stupid "mall crawlers" couldn't dream.
They also usually show no regard for weight. This is one of the biggest factors. I consider every pound with my Jeep. Everything I do, weight is considered near the top.
Ever wonder why a flatfender is such a holy terror in the woods?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It makes sense that unneeded weight would become an issue. Weight to horsepower can, if you know much, get you ouf of tight spots. Of course, lack of good sense can get you in some tight spots.
Those seriously underpowered Army Jeeps were barely able to get out of their own way. I drove one in the National Guard in Lawrence, KS. If you were driving full speed with a 60 mph tailwind and a good downhill grade, you might get to 45 mph.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Very true Piller.
When I had my Willys, several times I got stuck in 4 low, shifted to 4 high and got out. Once in 4 high, it didn't have enough power to spin taking off from a stop.

I see many use "skinny pedal" as an answer for everything. They usually break stuff and still have trouble. The skilled drivers make it look smooth and easy.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have only ever driven two Jeeps. One was a WW II in the National Guard and my 2014 Patriot 2wd 2.0L Likely won't drive any others, never really go off road. If there isn't a road there, I don't need to go there, but it is all interesting.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

After all these years of off-roading, I still find one of the neatest things is to come off a tough trail and drive down the road 60mph in the same vehicle. It's incredible that a machine can do both.
The tube buggies and trailer queens, while impressive, don't interest me as much. They are single purpose machines.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One thing about those Army Jeeps, they were small, short and narrow enough to go places that a HMMWV was too big to go. It didn't take much to hide a military Jeep. They had their uses. One of them with a Toyota, Nissan, or Honda 4 cylinder motor about 1.5 liter to 2 liter displacement would probably make a good hunting rig. No fancy junk like a turbo. Just a simply reliable 4 banger with about 150 to 200 horsepower would make one of those old Jeeps go almost anyplace. Too big of an engine would affect the weight, and too much horsepower would cause too much loss of traction. Even the new Chevy, Dodge, or Ford small engines might work. A small diesel motor would be awesome.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My buddies and I have talked at length about this "project". In most instances, a CJ3B "high hood" would need to be used. Unless, of course, a substantial body lift was incorporated into an MB, CJ2A or CJ3A. They were designed for flat heads and have a low deck height. A 3B or early 5 is good to go, with the exception of any inline six. The 80" Jeeps were never designed for an engine that long and they won't fit.
If you use a modern aluminum V6 it will be lighter than the original F head Hurricane. You would have plenty of power and the ability to Rev, which the Hurricane never had. It's not so much power that you couldn't use the original running gear, which is a huge asset. The T90/Spicer 18 with both pumpkins offset to the passenger side is still my favorite. Advance Adapters will get you a plate to mate the engine to the T90. Keep the 5:38 gears and install the fairly common Warn or Saturn overdrive. Run a fuel cell in the back and keep the underseat tank as a spare gas can. Run a later CJ power steering setup. I'd probably regear the 4 low in the Spicer 18. They were only 2:1, and IMO, geared too high.
You could leave the suspension on leaves, or make up a 4 link coiler for more flex.
Done.

Maybe someday. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ain't Jeep parts but
20210505_171617.jpg
20210505_172715.jpg
My Briley 28 ga tubes showed up today! These fit my Perazzi's, built in extractors/ejectors and choke tubes! Now I can shoot 1 gun for ZZ Birds ! Skeet too!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gunny's into shotguns like I'm into Jeeps!

That's pretty neat Gunny!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Interesting!
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Briley makes these for most o/u & SxS on the market. 410,28, 20 to fit 12ga. I've pined for a set of 28 Perazzi barrels for years but for 10% the cost I got the tubes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

As usual, Gunny gets allllll the neat stuff. I've never fired a 28 gauge.

Fred...a Patriot is a nice name annnnndddd you are being Patriotic...but, a Patriot Jeep is not a Jeep. It's close but no cigar...If you showed up at one of Jay's Jeep off road adventures the guys would think your the one bringing the coffee and donuts. Your exonerated as it is at least part Jeep.

Lockers are nice.......I have them on both axles on the Rubicon but one time they did no good.....I was high centered on a huge pile of snow and had to dig my way out. On the mighty Kubota I have true 3 wheel drive...front and one rear tire.....then there's a lever on the floor that I put my boot on and it locks the rear........had Ole Yeller buried to the axles one time and the Kubota yanked it out like nuttin.

Still working in the swamp digging a trench past the 40" trunk of a willow tree....you ought to see the roots on those things....like 2' thick of spongy roots..........I sharpened a spade on the belt sander to like a knife and put 185 pounds of Sixgun on it to cut right through it. Very dirty and wet work.....hard also...it would give a weakling a ❤️ attack.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six I still think you should sell a few Colts & Winchesters to Tom & Jay and get yourself a backhoe attachment for the M.K. !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You know Six, Mr T called me Bro one time in Westwood but my out west name is either Eastern Blueblood or All Hat No Cattle. Can't tell you my ghetto name here but it was bestowed on me by an angry blond AA sister when I was addressing the finer points of the trash/recycling system. Soooo, I am familiar with classification systems and where the Patriot 2wd, 2.0L fits it but I have driven a Deuce and a Half multi fuel 10wd, an Armored Personel Carrier, a 3/4 ton Army 4 wd, an Army Jeep, an aerobatic airplane, a glider and an America's Cup Yacht - Abracadabra (2500 ft of sail, we did not have the jib out, and a 110 ft mast ).and I did have a brief relationship on # 6 at Desert Aire with this gal who calls herself Hurricane.

So buddy boy fellow. I hope the coffee and donuts would already be there and I would depend on you Mighty Warrior True Wheelers to get me and my Patriot through wherever we were going. Am I clear?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Captain Fred......there ain't much I could do in your quest to have a tow line attached to that cardboard box with a 2 cylinder mouse motor in it. I'm only good for the pleasant trails......you really have to know what your doing on some on thes trails....if you don't have lockers, skid plates, detachable control arms. (I think DCA, I have them but can't remember what they are called), Dana 44's and at least 33" tires you might as well stay back at the clubhouse and serve coffee.

Besides, I'd think you like that better anyway...you could hob knob with the girls and wives. I noticed your getting stabbbed in the chest in that picture.

Gunny...those attachments are like 6-8 big ones and are worthless in swampy areas. There is only one solution and it's probably 50 G's or better......after the multitude of permits, I'd need permission from my neighbor where the springs begin and then probably 30 tri axle dump trucks of dirt brought it...and then piping, ditches, rocks. .....screw all that.....I'm doing it the poor man's way, with my back and making it the way it was when my wife was little......giving the water a place to go.....

Aaannnnnndddd...I get to keep my Winchesters & Colts....they are part of me and I couldn't bear to part with them.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The other day I saw a tractor for sale along the road. Orange, roof with a bucket. So I stopped to look at it. A 1981 Kubota, paper on the sign Saint it had been fully restored, new hoses, head , cylinders blah blah blah. Not a bit of fresh paint or stickers. $7800.00 yeah not worth that much!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sooo my buddy Gunny starts a theme of sickness and injury AND WHO DO YOU FIGURE WINDS UP IN THE HOSPITAL? Yup good old fat boy! I had tightness and shortness of breath Tuesday morning and Mrs fordwannabe bundles me off to the hospital where she works. 29 hours later....it was GAS. If anybody had called me and asked what to do with those same symptoms, I would have said TAKE YOUR AZZ TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. So I did. I have had every test short of a cardiac catheterization and the cardiologist said in his opinion with all the perfusion testing and the PET scan and CAT scan he really didn’t think it was necessary. I am home, I worked today as am feeling fine. That’s why I was incognito for a couple days. BUT NOW I AM BACK, SUCKERS. Haha.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're ok FW. Our merry band if outlaws is small as it is.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Flat out all day.
Dad wanted to hit the fiddleheads again. First thing this morning, we hitched the boat behind Old Red (still minus a front driveshaft), and headed the 2 miles down to the river.
Dad went down himself Saturday and picked a 5 gallon pail. I still got some in the freezer from last year, but he wanted a "few more". We hit em good this morning and picked about 8 gallons in about an hour and a half.
The pics are on the little island we pick em on. It isn't on the Kennebec. We turn up a good sized stream and go a mile or so. Old Dad does ok for 80. :D
When we got home, we got em cleaned. Tomorrow morning we will fire up our boiler and blanch em all, bag em, and put em in the freezer.

When we got home, Fed Ex had delivered the output yoke for Old Red finally. Tonight after supper I put it in the garage and started in. What a time getting the old output yoke nut off! Man that thing was on there.
Got her all back together and took a test ride. Nice and smooth now! Good job done. Been meaning to do it for 2 years.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Nice haul OW. I have had 8 or 10 impact guns over the years. I recently bought the Harbor Freight half inch synthetic one, it is rated for 1100 foot pounds. When I was doing the backing plates on Mobey recently I had some rusty 24mm nuts holding the backing plates on and those nuts didn’t even slow this impact down. I am impressed for NOW. We will see about longevity.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hunter gatherer lifestyle! Hope you enjoy those fiddleheads.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Sixer, I actually did drive a back road four wheeler in the mid 80s in the Cali mtns. but, after we headed to the hot tub. Do the wives and girlfriends have such amenities available while you guys are out being macho, macho macho man?, This was post Cali mtn four wheeling in the 80s.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks guys!
Thanks for the heads up on the impact FW. I may check that out. I don't use an impact unless I have to, but when you need em you need em. :D

Don't let old Six hack on ya OS! :D
Ain't no hot tub after our wheeling trips! Well.....maybe some club members have em.
A woman actually started our club. We have many with their own rigs and who wheel with the best of em.
Most, like my wife, are co-pilots and spotters.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, we may have to arrange a "special event". Maybe I should be in contact with the ladies so we can discuss options.