Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by GunnyMack »

What are you doing outta bed so early!!??
Long awaited shop work today! Time to make the picket garden fence( to keep the dogs from trampling everything in the flower beds) . No matter what one of them tramples a plant almost daily! Going to be a lot of tablesaw work, ripping boards for pickets. Recycling boards from the deck.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK, you like to make things...so do I.....but in the case of a garden, I'd just stop down at Brandywine Hardware and get me a 50' roll of that 3' high green plastic fence for $19 and throw a stake every 4' and staple it.....

Yea...I'm up early Master.....slept four hours, woke up and I knew I was up......it's all because I couldn't do nothing for three days...sitting around watching mindless entertainment on TV and the Internet........I prefer to go outside and do physical work and get all sweaty.....helps when I have to bash someone in the face......just another reason why I stay home....

Watched the marathon Yellowstone series all afternoon and night.....love that violence......
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Halllooooo!

Someone hollerin for me?

Or just postin to win a page? :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:08 am Halllooooo!

Someone hollerin for me?

Yep! It's been a while and I noticed we were getting close for a page turn so I called out to you and the Master......

How's things up your way Jay? What you got planned?

Look at this box of 38-40's...I bought it factory sealed back in '76 or so...came home and I couldn't contain myself so I sliced around the rim and opened it up. In there was a little picture of the factory on one side and a guarantee on the other......there had never been a cartridge pulled from this box...from over a hundred years ago...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jay Bird wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:15 am
OldWin wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:08 am Halllooooo!

Someone hollerin for me?

Yep! It's been a while and I noticed we were getting close for a page turn so I called out to you and the Master......

How's things up your way Jay? What you got planned?

Look at this box of 38-40's...I bought it factory sealed back in '76 or so...came home and I couldn't contain myself so I sliced around the rim and opened it up. In there was a little picture of the factory on one side and a guarantee on the other......there had never been a cartridge pulled from this box...from over a hundred years ago...

Mornin buddy! Not much going on. Started raining yesterday afternoon and it's still snotty out. Cold too. Thinking of running down to the "Taste of Maine" restaurant with the kids today. It's down on the coast a couple hours away.
Friday morning I put the Harley up on the jack, pulled the clutch cover, and adjusted the clutch. Pulled the breather and squirted some carb cleaner down her throat. Just gave it a once over.
I am selling the rest of the guns for my dad's friends wife. Got adds in Uncle Henry's. Sold a Remington 7600 carbine yesterday. Think I have a TC Contender sold today. Few more left. Just kind of beater stuff.

That's a primo box!
I don't have a lot of Remington boxes. Have one full one of 38acp.
I have a couple sealed Winchester boxes of 44wcf high velocity. Love that old stuff. So cool.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Wel I have been an absolute TURD for the last two days. I went to a friends house for a bbq and games(we mainly talked guns and cars) then yesterday in the rain a local gun club(the one where I play poker not the one where I shoot)had their wing ding! They had all you can eat wings, homemade fries, and drinks. Raffles and a Chinese auction. We had a good time but the weather sucked. I did powder coat 300 .360 penta points and load 300 357 mags. Soo today I got to make up for it. Gotta change the oil in the mighty mustang check it over front to back for inspection next week. Cut the grass, spread the last of the mulch, lube job for Moby. If I am a good boy and get all my work done I hope to try out my NOS new to me 330 grain 45-70 hollowpoint mold. We will see about that. Did you know it takes my pro melt pot EXACTLY the same time to warm up as it takes to weed whack my yard? Convenient aint it!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah......turd. me too.
I got a pile of work to do on my truck and my wife's Grand Cherokee. I have to put a clock spring in my truck. It broke last hunting season, so that's how long I been putting that off. :D
With all the stupid electronic garbage in vehicles today, i have no feedback on anything but my analog gages. Just have speedometer, tach, fuel gage, and temp. Everything on the wheel buttons is dead except cruise control. Gonna be a miserable job.
I'd rather pull the motor and transmission outta my Jeep than change the oil in that stupid truck.
I miss the 70s.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Jay! You didn’t by chance take the Howland road out of LeGrange did ya? I bet ya stayed on the big road though. If you did take the Howland road you drove right past my old home. When I lived there and drove for a company out of Pa they often wanted me to pick up in Howland and haul very heavy loads of mulch back down to Pa or NJ. Every time that I actually did it ...it only cost me a couple hundred to haul it :shock: . Sooo I found other freight if at all possible. You are doing a good thing there buddy.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea..agree bro....Ole Yeller is easy to work on...mostly...for a guy of my skills..

Tom's a turd?....you mean all that gas he had turned into a turd? Wow? Must stink over there.

Hey Jay/Tom.....Ole Yeller would not fire up the other day.....the starter just clicks.....full charge on the battery and shows 12 volts on the meter.....scrubbed battery terminals..checked wires...checked tightness of grounds.....checked starter terminals....starter is just clicking.......beat on it...tapped it.....

The reason I'm saying this is because the starter was only a few months old when I took the Jeep off the road....OK, rebuilt starter from Malaysia........everything points to a bad starter and it's a good guess there's no more than a couple of hundred "starts" on it....

You think the starter could have corroded by sitting and the solenoid is stuck?

Well, it's not as if I need it...I just like to play with this old junk and keep it running from time to time....cruise around the pasture.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay Bird...thanks for watching my back while I was in Philly.....rough night....met the boys and we were all assigned new baseball bats with tape on the handles and a few extra ounces of lead poured in the end.....

Hey man! Don't be bothering these guys with your old junk in the barn......that's what you get for buying a Jeep that was made in the old Rosunk factory.....let's see....Rossi and Jeep = Roseep. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Tom. We got off 95 at Howland, Enfield and zipped over to and up Rt.2 about 2 miles. Thanks buddy. My wife is an awesome human being.

Hey Six,
My first guess was connection at starter, but it sounds like you checked it. May be corroded on the wire under the casing. I seen that before too. You can just run a separate wire to check it. Hot, then ground. You are right, however, it could be that starter. I doubt it's much, but I HATE electrical problems. It is my weakest area.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Electrical problems are a royal pain in the seat cushion.

I miss the 70s cars and trucks where there was room to work on everything.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, got this new I phone. Took me about 24!hrs to get it set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have to use technology on the job. O.S. does, too. Legal requirements for recordkeeping, privacy, and a few other things. I don't have to like using technology on the job, but complaining is useless.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:11 pm Well, got this new I phone. Took me about 24!hrs to get it set up.
That's nice...now type in Leverguns.com.....go to forums......click on that thingy where you get your pm's, (middle on the upper right).......click on profile......click on signature........and erase that blue blob.

After all that is done, turn on yellowstone and you'll see my wife's family in action, although on a much smaller scale.

OK , Master Jay.....yea....I did that too the other day...ran a separate wire.....oh well, it'll sit ..I'll bang on it some more or have Fred send me one of those California heavy duty vibrators with 12 speeds ..high and low range..
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I figgered you'd think of all that bud. You got the hillbilly knowin'.
Next I would suspect the starter, but you gotta spend money to find out. Unless you got another one in your parts stash.

Just got home. Had a pretty good feed. Middle kid ordered the "world's biggest lobster roll". It came on a plank and was about 2 feet long. It was stuffed too.
I remember eating like that..........not no more. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So it took me most of the day but I got a bunch of cedar recycled into the garden fence.18" tall, just enough to keep the girls off the flowers.
16225001443207771532258029860325.jpg
I made A LOT of saw dust today !! Approximately 100 feet of fence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack if you take the starter out advanced auto and Autozone will test them but it’s probably a pain in the butt. I would suspect the starter solenoid can you get to the terminals to try jumping across them?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, took a screen shot of your instructions. Daughters are not here to help, but, the blob only appears on Istuff not Android. So he super wonderful Rossi is here in all it’s glory for Android. I am running both now. My I will not seemingly use post image.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you gentlemen........had no chance ....or will...to fool with the Jeep......today was "10 foot gate switcheroo day". A regular gate I use has fallen apart, rusted through...blah......it's only about 20 years old......and I have another one that I rarely use that is 30 years old and still near perfect.....the reason? The cheapy was a $99.99 Tractor Supply (or a store like it) one and the old one was a $199.99 farm center job. So I switcherooed them......well, not exactly a switcheroo as the cheapy one is getting the Makita angle grinder treatment tomorrow and will fit in a grocery bag by the time I'm done. I just filled the spot with fencing.

I see Gunny's dog is getting ready to take a S.....nose down, smelling, walking in circles... :D

That sure is a durable looking fence you made Gunny....big thick beams....must have used up three 53' flat beds full of 8 x 8 x 16 footers. What's holding the slats together? 6" thick tungsten steel girders?. Heck, you could have saved yourself money just by going behind a supermarket and stealing a half dozen old pallets. :D

Only messin with ya bro.....long day and I'm aggravated....doctors appointment tomorrow for my bi annual peter check and back door glove treatment.....ahhh...don't know what's he's going to do...probably just ask a few questions, listen to my heart, maybe press on my abdomen while breathing in...renew my meds...ask my why I haven't gotten a colonoscopy....(don't like anyone near that area....EXIT ONLY).......and send Medicare a bill for $400.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
I know a bs story when I hear one and your non compliance on removing that blue blurb is a 100% defacto b.s. story. :D

But that ok, because I like you!----006
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yessir! Those annual exams are unpleasant. I guess it beats getting cancer and not knowing until it has reached a problem stage. Thag is all I can come up with.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The fence is as I said all cedar, the frame is 1x1 with the same for the 'posts' the vertical slats are 3/8 by 7/8 cedar. That's Parker, or as I call her Little S... she is such a character!

Well more decking today, have to wait for the insulation inspection, then next week the sheetrock crew gets to work. Glad we aren't doing it, the garage level gets 2 layers of 5/8 fire code rock on the ceiling- ceiling is 12 off the floor.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo!
Ole Six is hackin on Gunny's fence! Merciless! :D
That's a good lookin pup Gunny. Hard to see in the pic, but it looks like the "block head" is quite evident.

I gotta take Zoey to the vet today. Hate bringing her, but we have a great vet. Old Doc Wing is a hunter and gun guy. Everyone brings their hunting dogs to him. He charges next to nothing and is a brilliant vet.

Looks like the only good weather day this week. Bites.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, Story is real. Tried to get rid of the blob. Again it does not appear on my android phone, just the iPhone.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well 6, partial solution. Have to find out what format to use in the sig pics so I can post more pics of my super wonderful Rossis.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have never been able to put in a picture for my avatar. Something about Android phones that it doesn't like.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What format should be used for sig line pictures?

Got it!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah thats Parker the water head- err I mean block head! Actually the females rarely get those square block heads that Labs are known for, mostly the males get em. She is a pretty girl, many have remarked about how pretty she is.

Six is just jealous that I MADE the fence! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I look after two black Labs when the own is away, both are bitches one block head the other is snipey looking, neither are any good although supposed to be professionally trained. The snipey one is scared of guns the block head has a great nose but is deaf to all commands except food is ready. The owner hasn't got a clue.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:45 pm Yeah thats Parker the water head- err I mean block head! Actually the females rarely get those square block heads that Labs are known for, mostly the males get em. She is a pretty girl, many have remarked about how pretty she is.

Six is just jealous that I MADE the fence! :lol:

She is a pretty dog, Gunny. She does look like a male!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks Jay!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:17 am Fred,
Your picture......mom says there are angels in the clouds. The air looks sooooooo clear. .....much better than Jersey........
That's cuz jersey air has collected all the airborne stuff from out west- including all the trash you Pennsylvania folks burn! When coming south on 81 from Canada as soon as ya hit about NY/PA line the air looks different, ya can SEE the air.

Come up Six, we can use your back today- mixing some concrete today- not looking forward to 80 lb bags...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The old man wanted to run up to the lot yesterday and check the roads to see if they are firmed up. They are all good to go. He wanted me to drive back so I could see how smooth my driveshaft rebuild came out.
When I put the cable back across the road, he asked if I wanted to ride up and see the old camp. I said "sure". It had been over 3 years since I'd been there. The Old Mountain Rd. had some decent new washout but Old Red is pretty scratchy and we made it no problem. I was SO happy to see that someone owns it now! They have done a lot of work around the place. Hope to catch them there sometime and see who it is.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, normally there are no clouds in the sky. Elevation there is about 2650. Yesterday it hit 101 degrees, hot dry wind out of the sw.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Finally around 1 the delivery showed up. Fired up the mixer and we poured the 2 pads. Just walked through the door, had to wait long enough to broom off the pads, couldn't find an edger so we made one, it sucked to use but worked well enough . Guess I'll cut grass now, 20 minutes and im done. More rain comin!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

But Gunny the good news is my round ball mold is fixed so I can resume making THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of little round balls for ya.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I may have found a source of wheelweights. Looking forward to starting into casting for my .32 Win Special model 94. I am going to use powder coating. .32 Special will be green for starting. Once I am comfortable, and can get good bullets, I will try .30-30. Then .358, then .475 diameter. Nothing wrong with making a plan.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

piller wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:27 am I may have found a source of wheelweights.
Walmart parking lot? :lol:

Well its about time!! :D

So whats the weather going to do today? Looks like may be able to get in a few hours..
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Piller, sounds like a good plan. No offense but do you know how to sort wheel weights to keep the zinc out? What are you using for a pot? Bottom pour or ladle?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

THOMAS!! For powder coating ya want a '5' on the container right? Is bigger better? I happened to notice the tub of screws we used on this deck is a 5. Might be a bit on the large side, had about 10lbs of screws in it, might be 8x8x6...? I know everyone uses a cool whip container but I hate that stuff!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Piller....wheelweights? I know a guy who just robbed another guy of a thousand pounds of wheelweights....sure he'll sell some....

Just go to a scrap yard and ask if they have any lead for sale...can't be too hard to find...then go to the hardware store and buy a pound of 100% tin solder...or even 50-50...mix it 15-1 and it'll do for 95% of all shooting....don't even need the tin for round balls...

Gunny....20 minutes for cutting the grass? You must have all woods.....#2 or #3 drivers?....or are they Tiger?...

I got something really nice your going to want to hear...entertaining and informative at the same time......pm coming...you gonna get a good laugh out of this one....

Speaking of laughs, I just finished an experiment to get rid of algae out of the pond.....remember now, my pond is little...30x40 and only 3' deep......last week a downfall was expected so,I went outside at midnight and churned up the water with my scientifically designed algae remover and sludge break-er-up-er.....the next day the water was crystal clear with near zero algae. Having all that algae suspended in the water along with extreme rain washed it all away......I did it again today but this time I really dug in the dirt.....water was black.......and as the rain poured down, the dirt went with the old water...down the chute and into my in laws property...... :D -----JB

Be ready for that PM...get your seat ready and Velcro yourself in....

Who needs herbicide or a back hoe?

Birdman of Leverguns......ooohhhhhhh bye bye birdie....bye bye....birdie....off you go to bird land.....yes Virginia, just like pigs, birds can fly.......bye bye....
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For the wheelweights, I can see a Z on some of them. Those are zinc. What else do I need to watch out for?

I plan on starting with a small cast iron pot. A ladle wilh a long handle made of brass rod attached. Some borax for a flux..
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Six I looked into what you were talking about in that other post, I didn't see it...? Maybe it was edited?

Good idea to remove the algae but you really aren't getting rid of it as it's still in the water/muck. Sure it works but it's very labor intensive! I still say get 1 grass carp and then go do something fun!

Yes 20 minutes to mow, lots more wood than grass. This spring I spread ashes from the pellet stove, wood ash is high in potassium, my lawn has never greened-up as fast in the spring and I was cutting 2x week, never had to do that before either!

Sadly most of the wheel weights on the market now aren't real lead! Piller think color, zinc should stay more silvery, lead based will be darker grey from oxidation. Always look for range scrap too.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny I use plastic containers about 4 inches across with a screw on lid. Yes a 5. I got the contains at Dollar tree 3 for a $. Piller wheel weights now are all sorts of stuff, steel quite often, zinc (both marked and not), aluminum, and recently seeing some marked Fe. I use a pair of cheap side cutters to nip at the smallest portion of the ww you can get to. Wheel weight alloy should allow the side cutter to put a dent into the ww easily. If you have to fight to dent it IT HAS ZINC OR OTHER NON USABLE STUFF IN IT. Also remember that the stick on ww are almost dead soft HOWEVER, I AM SEEING THOSE MADE OF Fe AND Zn now also. Tape on weights are easy if you twist them and the metal bends then they are mostly pure leadI am using this to cast Gunny's BALLs.. As for flux I do not have any experience with borax for fluxing lead, I use wax (just stick the corner of a candle/wax bar/piece of bullet lube in the pot and metal a medium sized puddle then stir stir stir. I am not saying borax wont work I just don't know about it. if either of you need ww alloy I would be happy to share.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Are ya gonna deliver it to Texas? :D
BIG thunderstorms out you way now Tom, headed this way!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

We had hail and now let’s of puddles everywhere so I guess I can’t cut the grass. Darn! But my RCBS pro melt is warming up🤗
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I dont know how much rain fell here but on my way to the chiropractor I had to drive through a LOT of run off on the roads. Its no wonder the roads are in such poor shape around here, no ditches for run off so the pavement just erodes on the shoulders. What ditches are here are always full of leaves, muck, beer cans...road department doesn't clean em out either.

So which of Six's 'combat pistols' do you want ? I gotta get my big coat and help myself to some of his unique!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like some of those old recolvers, but a Model 19 with mid range Magnum loads would be my choice in a wheelgun. Not the new ones with that stupid lock.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! The storms went just above us and just below us.....mom's telling me, "take down the canopy!!!!" Do this...do that!..

Sheeeeeetttt, I looked at the Doppler radar, set it in motion and told mom we are gonna miss it all...and it missed us.....

Gunny.......everything was deleted by the powers........wow! 20 minutes to cut the grass! Without trimming, it's 3+ hours non stop with a 60" cut and powered by diesel. Buddy of mine who's a landscaper/tree surgeon told me he would charge $175...That's $4,000 a season.....me and a couple of neighbors are some of the few left who still cut their own grass......don't know how people do it today....must be a lot of money out there.....
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s