Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

You win a 45. Six has some nice ones. They are old but you have to take what you can get here. Sorry, no 92s available.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well,.....good ole 6 wanted me to tell you guys that Leverguns has gone the way most organizations have gone......woke....two faced......
Last edited by Jay Bird on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I guess having opinions is out of fashion these days, I tend to be a bit like OS and not take it seriously, as long as I'm happy with what I have I sure ain't going to be upset that someone else may not be.. However It can be useful to hear both sides of a story but it's funny how some folks with no dog in the fight join in though... :roll:
The good thing about Leverguns is that you can find real experts on all makes and vintages of firearms, just make sure you listen to the right one.. :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Jay Bird, you can run to the edges of the opinion scale but the truth is seldom there. Now I’m going to have to take your last post with a grain or more of salt and wonder if I can think you accurately understood and transmitted the message going and using big words like “woke”. Now, I don’t read close to everything here and I have to say that attempting to follow some of the back and forth here has been challenging and pretty sure I don’t have a real good grasp on it, but, a lot of it falls under … I know you think you understood what you thought I said.

Now Jay I am also looking for any evidence that you help Six at all with any of the upkeep around there. You know heat and humidity can be challenging on a body this time of year.

But this is a politics opinion section so nothing really has to make sense.

Good day to you ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

But this is a politics opinion section so nothing really has to make sense.

Now ain't that the truth.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Last edited by Jay Bird on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just relax, it all don’t make no never mind anyway.

Let’s see if I was gonna go shoot today it would be the ones you see, 45 Colt 4 3/4” and my 357 Rossi Trapper ;-)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This is the way I view it.......
be-who-you-are-and-say-what-you-feel-because-5658275.png
As for the " be polite" suggestion, practice what you preach comes to mind.. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:25 pm This is the way I view it.......
be-who-you-are-and-say-what-you-feel-because-5658275.png
As for the " be polite" suggestion, practice what you preach comes to mind.. :roll:
Well, you don't matter, so.... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, you are on the right track and have no agenda. Stay your course.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 pm gk, you are on the right track and have no agenda. Stay your course.
Agreed.
I don't much care what anyone does or says. Stay outta my berry patch and I'll stay outta yours. Most times, I don't care if someone steps in mine. Insecurity is not one of my hangups.
However, what I don't care for is blanket accusations and insinuations. If you have enough of an issue with someone that you have to say something, then you should be able to say it TOO them.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I can't, ill get thrown off of here
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:18 am I can't, ill get thrown off of here

Haha I hear you buddy.
I can usually keep it civil and get my point across. Luckily, it's rare I have an issue with someone.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:28 am
GunnyMack wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:18 am I can't, ill get thrown off of here

Haha I hear you buddy.
I can usually keep it civil and get my point across. Luckily, it's rare I have an issue with someone.
I too usually get on with most folks and keep it civil, I suppose having a sense of humour helps.... :lol:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Most on this thread have a good sense of humor AND can take stuff as well as give it. I worked in psych and a prison, you don't take it personally, face to face much less what others think over a computer. HOWEVER! Being harassed can be annoying...if you let it be.
OK now. I had to go to Gettysburg for work today. It's an hour 45 each way and the complaint had to be done on a weekend as the complaint alleged not enough staff on the weekends. They had plenty. It had 10 ish allegations in total, and all were a bunch of bovine droppings. I interviewed four cognitively intact residents and two families.....all were extremely happy with the place. One wife said, if they told her she had to go to a home tomorrow, she would take that bed right there ( pointing to the other bed in her husband's room). "Oh no you wouldn't!" he said. "you can be down the hall but not in MY ROOM." all to giggles and laughter. Nice people who were glad to have a nice place for their loved one. Doesn't happen often but it was nice to see people happy. I didn't say who but did get to relay the resident's appreciation of the facility. A GOOD day.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Before I retired my job took me to a few residential homes, staff and the mentally intact residents were usually happy but moaners can be found anywhere.
I wish Gettysburg was only an hour and forty-five minutes from where I am, I would love to visit.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 am Before I retired my job took me to a few residential homes, staff and the mentally intact residents were usually happy but moaners can be found anywhere.
I wish Gettysburg was only an hour and forty-five minutes from where I am, I would love to visit.
Just change your name to Rodriguez and take a trip to the border then just all right in.

Tom, some wood chips were made Saturday... getting close but a fair bit of work yet.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Muchas Gracias gringo, how deep is the Rio Grande? :lol: :lol: :lol:
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:59 am Muchas Gracias gringo, how deep is the Rio Grande? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right now it’s running full, it only has about a foot of water though.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Chips is good.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sixgun chili, two lbs eye of round.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But wait there’s more …

Sixgun chili dog

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

What's for dessert... :?:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I had a peanut butter and jelly (strawberry) on sourdough.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Between our trip and the Rona, I lost the whole month of July.
Figured I'd better see if the old Harley would start today.
Sure enough! Figured I'd take a little ride. It was cool so I leathered up and headed over through Grafton Notch. Stopped at Screw Auger falls for a break. Pictures don't do a justice. It's really deep, and glacial waters carved all kinds of neat screws in the rock.
Then to Errol NH and cross back into Maine on rt16 to Rangeley. Gassed up and looped around the mountains to home. Rode 215 miles.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You sure have some beautiful country to see and I suppose it will all change color in the fall, the Harley must be the best way to see it all too.... :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 pm You sure have some beautiful country to see and I suppose it will all change color in the fall, the Harley must be the best way to see it all too.... :mrgreen:

Yes, it's unbelievable in the fall. If you get a warm day, you can still do it with the Harley, but they are rare that time of year. Guys with baggers can stretch a little more time than me. My bike is stripped down and wide open. It was a little cool today. :D Usually, it's with the Jeep by the time the leaves change.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yeah I was forgetting how cold two wheels can be, when my only transport was a motor cycle I remember having to stop before I lost the use of my fingers riding to work in the dead of winter. Sheepskin gloves with silk liners made no difference... :| My 1956 Landrover wasn't much better with no heater, I don't think I could put up with that now... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

How old does it get over there?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:36 am How cold does it get over there?
For the past 25 years I have lived in the south of England where temperatures are a bit warmer and the winters quite mild, we get a few days when the temperature is below freezing and nighttime frost's are common. When I lived in the Midlands and on the Welsh border winters were a lot colder and deep snow was common in January and February. Further North the winters are bleak especially on higher ground. I laugh down here as the folks in the South like there 4x4s yet seldom need them (or know how to use them) when I lived on the Welsh border if you hadn't got 4 wheel drive traveling on some roads was impossible.
IMG_20210124_105802.jpg
Where I live last winter.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Laguna Beach is full of Range Rovers and they never get snow ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good ol Rovers, 45 mph downhill with a tailwind! Probably the best off road rig ever( toss up with the land cruiser)

Past 3 days we have been building this deck
20210804_143337.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This is the kind of Range Rover you will find in Laguna Beach, plenty fast but probably never go off road. One of the current ones lists for $92,000
355 bhp.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, I can see the folks having breakfast on the deck but what are they going to with the space under neath ?

OS those Range Rovers are a very expensive toy, if I won one in a lottery I'd sell it and buy something reliable and useful, left over money (which would be a lot) would go on guns... :wink:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:13 pm This is the kind of Range Rover you will find in Laguna Beach, plenty fast but probably never go off road. One of the current ones lists for $92,000
355 bhp.
Boss 302 Mustang blue color scheme even!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

SoCal beach town, just status.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's funny.....
Land Rovers were pretty capable rigs back in the day. Even up until 20 years ago in many ways. The Camel Trophy days weren't that long ago really.
Can you imagine them trying that with what they're pedaling now?HA!
Like many things in the last couple decades, they have become a name. They are 2 inches off the ground and couldn't get over a 6" limb across the road.

Once something "catches on" and becomes a fad of the well to do, it's doomed.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The 2 door Rover made in the mid to late 90's was a great looking rig. One of those with a diesel would be great.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

3leggedturtle wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:55 pm The 2 door Rover made in the mid to late 90's was a great looking rig. One of those with a diesel would be great.
Yes, the old Defender.
Sadly, after only a few years, they stopped importing them to the US.
They ran a small V8 that worked well.
Unlike most, I'm not a huge diesel fan for off road.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I remember the first Range Rover I drove in 1970 I was very impressed, now saddened that it has become very expensive Junk..... :cry:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gk, these folks will not have breakfast on the deck. This is a 'retired' horse farm that the owners now rent for weddings, parties. Last fall we rebuilt the floor in this barn, now we are building the deck, adding windows so it will have more view of the property. The barn has good bones, post & beam construction, sadly it has vinyl siding and looks terrible if ya ask me.
Heck their son has even been ordained so he can perform services!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Picked up the old man and took a ride with the Rubicon yesterday. Up through Solon to Bingham on the old Lake rd. Hadn't been on it in 9 years. Getting pretty grown in in spots. About the same difficulty level. Rode up through Mahoney hill and across to Brighton. Good ride. The old Jeep goes good. Hard to believe it's 18 years old.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jeeps and Landrovers have character that ordinary cars do not have, it make it more difficult to move them on, especially when you remember all the good times you wouldn't have had without them... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 am Jeeps and Landrovers have character that ordinary cars do not have, it make it more difficult to move them on, especially when you remember all the good times you wouldn't have had without them... :D
That is very true, my friend. There is "just something about them". It's not really a vehicle, it's a lifestyle choice. The new ones have less of that. The older they are, the stronger these attributes become.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Within a couple weeks of my starting gummsmiff skool one of my classmates says ya want to go fishing this weekend? I'm always up for fishing. That Saturday morning we leave , him in his Toyota FJ45 Cruiser me in my Toyota pickup. Off we go an hour west to the mountains, national forest. We go deeper into the sticks just getting the scoop on things. Next thing we are climbing, grab 4wd hi, then low and we are going up the side of a 14,000 ft mountain. At the top was a shale slide. He made it around a 90° right but my truck just had 4 spinning tires. Tried again but truck wouldn't go. Grab the CB mike- Dave ya got a chain to pull me through this? Sure do buuuttt... I lost my brakes!! So what do I do? Of course I make about a 23 point turn on the side of the mountain- door open, left leg outside, shifting & throttle with right foot ready to let the truck go over if need be. I got it turned around and back to the bottom. Never did fish that day !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hardship trip!

Had one back in 88 going into High and Helen ponds. On top of a mountain. We had 2 4x4 4 wheelers with chains on em. All our gear to spend 2 days and a small lifted trailer with a 14ft canoe.
We were still in sight of the trucks when my dad's buddy rolled the wheeler in a washout and broke 3 ribs. We kept going and took all that day to get there. Mostly winching and pulling. Torrential downpours the whole way. You had to yell to be heard. Stove a hole in the canoe. It was late when we made it so we pitched tents and spent a wet miserable night. Especially the guy with broke ribs. Got up cold and wet and did the same thing down the mountain to get out, albeit easier. Of course, the guys ribs were worse. Never wet a line.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup, having four wheel drive can definitely get you into some really interesting situations that a regular car owner never experiences... :D
34bwso.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Officially dead?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Huh what is dead?
Finally got a chance to go see the puppies, here is the little girl I delivered
20210807_153133.jpg
And some of the others
20210807_153115.jpg
4 weeks old tomorrow. This friend is trying to get me to take that little girl. I never realized this first hand, knew it is true but had to experience it. The most important sense a dog has is scent. This pup would not leave me alone, I was the first thing she smelled. It dawned on me this is the reason why Claro and Parker are stuck to me all the time & Winnie isn't.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Not much cuter than puppies, do you think you will take that little girl on Gunny ?