Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Jay Bird

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Jay Bird »

Yep...you gotta test Piller......so many variables come into play at our game. Most of the hot shot calibers like it at full velocity & pressure......I know my AR's do....I'll load till they blow primers and back off a half grain. I do my testing at higher than normal temps so I'm good to go at all temps. My .223's only get once fired brass and then I trash em

Old calibers and guns, especially ones like revolvers and levergun actions seem to settle in at about 90%, depending on bullet used.

Well....it's a beautiful day and mom wants to go out and get 🌺 (flowers)

These electric company guys got me outta bed at 11. 😩 Had to replace the heavy metal cover on the transformer....told em to leave the old one as they make a great grate for the burn pit.....(hey, ya like dat? "a great grate". 🤠

Birdman of Leverguns
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too many burn bans in effect around here. When it gets hot and dry here, it is easy to burn way more than you wanted to burn.

I have a bunch of Barnes TSX bullets for a .223, and a pound of CFE 223. I need to load some up and try them. My .223 rifle is a 1 in 8 twist. I have access to one with a 1 in 7 twist. Shouldn't be much difference.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

1:8 probably your best bet, will shoot 55,62,69 & 77s just fine, although those Barnes are probably quite long? Never know till ya try em. Ive got a 1:8 & a 1:9, the 9 twist doesn't like 77 AT ALL!

So do I win flowers?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

77's are designed to be seated normally so they fit in the mag....if you REALLY want to see what a .223 does get the 80 grainers, seat them .015 short of the rifling and drop in 22.5 grains of H/IMR-4895,Varget, RL-15 and any other powder in that burn rate and you'll hit clay birds out and past 1/4 mile away.....1-7....

Birdman of Leverguns
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

She bop due za hoe....are we alive out there in cyber land? I need Gunny and Jay to stop over as I have 2 cords of 6' logs of black locust to cut up and I dont feel like getting dirty.

I have a question for the master wood man...Gunny.....is vine wood good for anything? I have these vines out in the woods that started when Jesus was born.....like 2-3" in diameter and to the very top of the mighty oaks.......these are like the kind of vines that Tarzan used to swing on.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like grape vines. Are they good for anything? Not to my knowledge. However they can and do kill trees so just cut them off at the ground and the trees will thank you. Small vines can be turned into wreaths.

Tearing apart a greenhouse, PITA!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I'm putting up a vinyl fence in between rain showers. Oh, and the wind is blowing too! Nice.
Sure glad I waited till today for the "better" weather. :x
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

We had a beautiful day weather wise, unfortunately I had to drive 3-1/2 hours west to attend the funeral of a hunting buddy’s son. 25 years old and died in a house fire last week. Had a nice service but the whole thing sucked. Good kid too.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

25? That sucks...kid had his whole life ahead of him...cause of the fire? Fires scare the hell out of me......

Thanks Master...I did that last summer with the Ego chain saw.....they are all dangling now....and brown....I'm thinking, "where can you get 3" of wood that's 60' long?" Must be a use for em....

Vinyl fence? You ain't no farmer.....

Birdman of Leverguns

On a side note I went out tonight and bought 45 gallons of diesel and gas.....if I got into a wreck good ole Jay would have seen it from Maine.......those people in N.C. can't get nuttin' and here I am, getting much more than I need but.....this is the U.S.of A. where if you snooze, you lose and in 66 years and 10 months, I ain't lost.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sorry Tom,that's a shame.

The problem with grape vine is its a giant straw, the center core is very porous- not good for much.

Vinyl fence? Did you get some dwarf goats you need to keep in the yard?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry Tom. What a sad thing. Twenty five ain't even getting started.

Yup. Vinyl fence. I love my wife.
Just one more thing I ain't gotta paint. Paint don't last long on anything up here. Man, I'm sore this morning. Gotta get back on it this morning and finish up.
No. No goats. My wife would be all over that too. And chickens, and a miniature donkey........
I don't love her THAT much. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What color is this vinyl fence?....they fade.....if you look real close at this fence with a magnifying glass you will see remnants of bottle caps, ketchup bottles, plastic toilet seats, milk jugs and used condoms all from recycling....

Yea..yea....Tarzan used to cut a vine and drink from it...wow! The world's longest spit ball shooter.

BEAUTIFUL day.....70 and sunshine......party on dudes!-------double 0 Six.

Oh! Because of the possibility of catching Covid 19 anyone entering a politically incorrect thread needs to wear a mask.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Oh! Because of the possibility of catching Covid 19 anyone entering a politically incorrect thread needs to wear a mask. Quote Sixgun.

Will this do :?:
wild-west-cowboy-portrait-man-bandanna-mask-vector-western-bandit-hat-text-isolated-white-171044593.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20210513_193518.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pm Will this do :?:
It might.....but this one is a "two in one" mask.......it does what it's supposed to do plus it helps with social distancing.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 pm
There's a lot to be said about that.....guaranteed that if you put an n95 mask on a guys butt after a day of eating deer jerky, broccoli and beer drinking, it WOULD GET THROUGH....

This is a REAL DEAL thing you can buy for your underwear.....supposed to keep the stink from getting through.....
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm glad you Colonials are taking this important safety advice seriously.....
Screenshot_20200521-123932_Facebook.jpg
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

gk, recognize that the "colonies" are only constituted by the original 13 that you fellows lost. Here in Cali we have our own ridiculous pols to makeup ridiculous laws etc that are based on nothing but their own whim and graft. They have tried to claim to rely on "science" but many Calians are well aware that using a construction company in Singapore as a data base is not going to pass the AJ smell test.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:19 am gk, recognize that the "colonies" are only constituted by the original 13 that you fellows lost. Here in Cali we have our own ridiculous pols to makeup ridiculous laws etc that are based on nothing but their own whim and graft. They have tried to claim to rely on "science" but many Calians are well aware that using a construction company in Singapore as a data base is not going to pass the AJ smell test.
So I gather from that we can't be called limeys if we weren't in the 18th century Royal Navy...... :? I only refer to my American "friends" as Colonials in friendly humor in return they can call me anything they like except late for breakfast.... :lol: I'm also aware that California has its own way of doing things..... :lol:
history-sailor-citrus_fruit-fruit-lime-vitamin_c_deficiency-mfln8385_low.jpg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We don't know nutting about no Royal Navy. I thought you were Limeys because of the white cliffs of Dover. But did you think my reply was anything but humor ;-)

You are welcome over here anytime Set you up on a ranch in Wyoming with some real shootin friends.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't know about Limeys and the White Cliffs of Dover other than the cliffs are limestone, never heard of that connection.. :? OS we have known each other for sometime and I regard you as a friend even though you put scopes on Leverguns.. :o we work well together zapping all these spammers everyday and I think I can say I have always appreciated your humor, photos and friendship but mostly the photos..... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Understandable ;-) Say, do you guys have hay barns in Limey land?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Most definitely.... More new bones are made than broken in a Hay Barn... :wink:

BTW the lady is a real cutie, reminds me of my first wife.... :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Another take on the expression "Limey"...... :lol:
politics-special_relationship-ally-limeys-foreign_policy-soldier-bron3634_low.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I've heard that the English and the Germans have very close DNA.....dunno.......mixing limes and beer don't sound too good to me....

Another beauty of a day....going to go through a full tank of diesel today in the very might Kubota]
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat May 15, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:40 am
Old Savage wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:19 am gk, recognize that the "colonies" are only constituted by the original 13 that you fellows lost. Here in Cali we have our own ridiculous pols to makeup ridiculous laws etc that are based on nothing but their own whim and graft. They have tried to claim to rely on "science" but many Calians are well aware that using a construction company in Singapore as a data base is not going to pass the AJ smell test.
So I gather from that we can't be called limeys if we weren't in the 18th century Royal Navy...... :? I only refer to my American "friends" as Colonials in friendly humor in return they can call me anything they like except late for breakfast.... :lol: I'm also aware that California has its own way of doing things..... :lol:
history-sailor-citrus_fruit-fruit-lime-vitamin_c_deficiency-mfln8385_low.jpg
Wouldn't these be the San Francisco royal navy ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

GK, that looks like the Face Mask rules from Harris County, Texas. That area includes Austin. Austin is known for drug use, alcohol use, music, drug use, and weird behavior. Oh yes, and drug use! They are the only ones fighting our Governor's lifting of the facemask orders. They are probably soaking their masks in GHB.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm GK, that looks like the Face Mask rules from Harris County, Texas. That area includes Austin. Austin is known for drug use, alcohol use, music, drug use, and weird behavior. Oh yes, and drug use! They are the only ones fighting our Governor's lifting of the facemask orders. They are probably soaking their masks in GHB.
Whatever they are soaking their masks in sure ain't helping their spelling... :D
Gunny, the San Francisco navy battle of 1881 sounds like quite a party... :shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Limeys ...looks like you were right gk.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No scurvy here.... :D

Did you ever wonder where the anti gun owners come from?

https://me.me/i/how-an-anti-gun-liberal ... a8b837e910
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Avast ye scurvy dogs! Here i thought everyone knew that Limey was what the British sailors were known as... guess it takes Wikipedia to be in the know.

Yup GK, that kid is now a liberal for life. Certainly his father wasn't a Marine Drill Instructor that showed the troops how to fire an M16 from the family jewels! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am Well I got an email back from Caldwell, they don't have replacement screens but they will sell a replacement unit at 40% off. Maybe I'll get a new one and sit on it.

Yes I normally find less than max charge to be best accuracy.
Do they do repairs (ie you send it to them instead of wrenching on it yourself) or only replacements? Also, does the unit still function via the cable to phone/tablet connection? I can do without the LCD on the unit - as long as the remote connection works. I much prefer to allow it to record the results than to write them down and then have to transfer to the PC later by hand.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Paul it still functions fine , ill probably just keep using it via my phone. I too prefer letting the phone do the work!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 am Yes Paul it still functions fine , ill probably just keep using it via my phone. I too prefer letting the phone do the work!
That's reassuring. Hope I never do that, but if so, it's good to know it's not dead, just unable to communicate sans external connection.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad it at least still works Gunny.
Mine isn't a fancy one like that. I remember years ago my dad shot a hole through the cardboard screens on the old original Chrony.
Luckily, it was only a .22. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm sure if it wasn't just a 177 pellet I'd be outta luck!

So this morning I'm getting ready to start yard work and I see a chipmunk, grab the mighty RWS 350 Magnum and open the window. There he sits facing me at 25 feet, im waiting for it to charge!! Crosshair centered just waiting for a twitch to defend myself... WHAP! that new baracuda pellet caught him just under the chin, flopped over DRT. Funny those pellets go clean through a squirrel side to side but it didn't on a frontal shot.

Then my phone rings, oh poo! We are stocking fish this morning- no one showed up! Ok give me 20 minutes and ill help. One other guy showed up!

Just finished cleaning out my work truck, 8ft bed , 2 layers deep of tools into my shop. Now it can go in for the front axle bearings/ ujoints and I won't need to worry about my stuff getting stolen.

Then a voicemail from one of OUR whacky forum members, I'll call Tom now.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You guys are worrying about stupid chronographs and chipmunks and there's MILLIONS of dead jellyfish on South Carolina beaches.....I'm headed down to "save the jellyfish".

Jay.......fiddleheads for sale at Whole Foods down the road....$9.00 a pound.....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh no! Not the jellyfish!! I'll meet you down there!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jellyfish go best on whole wheat toast.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

piller wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:08 pm Jellyfish go best on whole wheat toast.
Are you talking about ocean going jellyfish or those at the capitol? Oh my mistake- those are jelly brains! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

9 dollars a pound!!!!!!!! :shock:
I'm freakin rich!

Hey! I'll trade you some fiddleheads for that 73 38-40. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:05 pm 9 dollars a pound!!!!!!!! :shock:
I'm freakin rich!

Hey! I'll trade you some fiddleheads for that 73 38-40. :D
Why lose your fiddleheads for nothing? I have not been able to find that '73 since you were here.

Hey..off the subject .....and as this is the political section.......did you know that if you get a Covid shot in N.Y.C. that you can get a .99 cent bag of French fries? I CANNOT believe people are that stupid......now, it might be different if they offered a pound of fiddleheads then I might think about it........naaaaa, screw that vaccine....---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Leo 2.0

Dang if GK is on my TV again
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Watching The Sands of Iwo Jima.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm up im up! Going to play in the 'pond' today. First fishing trip of the season. Yesterday they were catching monster bluefish and striped bass.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm up too Gunny! You MAY have gotten up before me......I pulled a 12:30 er today......2-12:30.

Me and mom are cooking our breakfast outside.......Mrs. Softpaws decided to join us.---006

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It was a nice day on the bay. Lot of boats out! Sadly the fish weren't on the chew. We fished from about 630 until noonish when we discovered someone had hit the fish box pump and drained the batteries!! Fortunately my buddy knew a guy that was also out and he loaned us a battery. Anyhow I caught 1 short striped bass and that was it!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six!
Is that an OLD GE fan there? You know, from back when they made good quality stuff. I have had the same alarm clock for 35 years.
I used to be proud to wear "the meatball". Not anymore.

Glad you got out Gunny. Least you didn't get skunked!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If I didn't know better I'd say that looks like Jay and Kristy with the kids cruising around looking for fiddleheads with a member of the "board police" checking to see if they picked up all their undesirable "leave behinds".

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:33 pm If I didn't know better I'd say that looks like Jay and Kristy with the kids cruising around looking for fiddleheads with a member of the "board police" checking to see if they picked up all their undesirable "leave behinds".

Hahaha score!
Yup. That looks just about right! Throw in a cloud of black flies and the picture would be complete.
Man! I just saw an add for a local guy that has a half cab for a TJ for sale. 700 bucks. That's temptin'.