Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Another description. She may very well be right. There is a book called Cutting Up in the Kitchen written over 40 years ago, very generally instructive in the basics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yet another win! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
An apology is in order......when your life is as boring as mine is , it gives me time to settle stupid arguments so I had mom call her older sister who owns the butcher shop and she said my wife is wrong as the tri tip is at the beginning of the sirloin steaks and is boneless and very tender..and expensive......I think I got that right.....

Ya see, my wife lies to me just to embarrass me so now I have to punish her......NO FACEBOOK for 5 minutes!
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh S...you win again! Here's your prize as I know your poverty stricken like me.

Give me some credit......when I'm here a page turns everyday! But......3/4 of the posts are mine. :D

Here's your damm prize.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh hell...here! Take my new one........notice how times are perfectly synchronized? ....everywhere in the house...to the second....that's the German in me...nuts.....for 44 years I showed up at work 5:58-6:00......never gave those bstds. any more of my time than I had to.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes the tri tip is at the sirloin primal. Very tasty but should be cooked low & slow.

As to ATS34 its JUNK! Probably what rossi uses for frames. I had dropped a good chunk of change on a Benchmade. From the factory it was not sharp, I could not get an edge on it no matter what sharpener I tried, ceramic sticks ,Lansky, diamond stones, Arkansas stones. I finally sent it back to Benchmade for a replacement blade. Got it back and they said they sharpened the orignal blade. Sorry but unless the edge will shave hair it ain't sharp and the Benchmade NEVER shaved. I was actually happy the day I lost that thing!
Now its Kershaw with S30V. Takes an edge, holds an edge extremely well.

Hey now i won the last page! Where's my recognition and prize??
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh, here Six! Maybe this pic won't make ya feel dizzy.
20220330_083034.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Aggghhh....I wouldn't make it to the third step.........is that you up in the corner?

You want a prize too? Like, as in "everyone gets a trophy?".....OK, just take the Cherry Skoal....

You see that plastic ring from a used up roll of tape? Jaws gave me a hole in my arm last night. Mom says, "take that plastic ring from Jaws"....so, like a dope I did and that little dog ripped into me.

Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No thats not me, I was up there all day yesterday and a little bit this morning but had to get my block plane and work a board for fit so Doug climbed up and put the last piece in.

Naw not cherry, send me the apple !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I swallowed hard several years ago and bought a Bark River. It's a Fox River model and I gave the Elmax (super steel) a try. I can tell you, that sucker takes and holds an edge.
Like you Gunny, I prefer Kershaw knives for EDC. For an inexpensive knife, they are pretty good. I haven't had a Benchmade.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

OldWin wrote: I haven't had a Benchmade.
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have to disagree on both Benchmade and ATS 34 both are fine. As to cooking Tri Tip, no again - hot and fast on the grill indirect or over the fire or combine both. I think the methane drifting east from the rest of the country is affecting NJ.

Everybody here agrees I am the grill master. The undisputed King, the Champion 😎👍

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Isn’t this fun 8)

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I just wish that when I started My job in 1972 and We broke and boned out 40 Cattle a week ( 160 quarters) I wish we would have been shown what a tri tip was. the hind quarter had a flank, a sirloin tip, a whole beef loin , a top, and bottom round, the eye of round, and the hind shank and femur. We sold more beef in a week than most stores will sell in a month. it was no place for little girlie men......................
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No doubt 45. In Cutting Up Merle Ellis explains to us that there are different ways to “break a beef” and that somewhat determines what cuts come from it. For us butchery rubes that is an overall conception. But, how many in the business know this?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang right it's fun.....only problem is is that fun isn't enjoyed as much when ya get old. You know, been there, done that 1,000 times.

Well, me and mom examined every picture and she was amazed at clarity of the atmosphere. I told her that it nevers rains in SOUTHERN CAAAAAALLLLIIIIIfornia. So now she wants to move and I suggested we move in with you for like maybe a year or two until we get our feet on the ground.....your ground. Ha! Ya like that??!! Yea, we figure we could relax by the pool and our dogs can swim around and shake off the water......eat some of your eye roast...drink champagne.......and afterwards your wife could crack my back and you can crack mom's.......watch TV until 3 a.m.....

Get up, borrow your car for sight seeing, maybe a few rounds of golf, eat your meat....and back to the pool! Oh man, we could have all kinds of fun......ya think Pat could watch the dogs while we sight see? Oh! please fill up the tank before we head out....

You have room for my Kubota and my wood pile? I can bring cow fencing and locust posts to make a temporary place to store our farming equipment.....invite Tutt over for some backyard shooting...

Back to reality.......

Wow! Our lifestyles really do clash...you could fit in here but I couldn't fit in there.....it would be a modern day Lancaster Hillbilly show.....my old Jeep, 'ole Yeller, my shootin' irons, dogs, fence posts, tractors, old cinder blocks, wood stove, wood ashes to make lye water.....

Mmmmmm, on knives.....I know nothing about the types of steel. My automatic "switch blade" Benchmade gets used and while the blade is OK, it does not hold up as good as my old Case knife.

It's a little beat but that baby will slide outta my pocket and open in about 1/2 of a second.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pat loves the dogs, we’re going to need a bigger back yard :D But there is lots of room

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sounds like you’re gettin on to California livin, anything you want any time, Sunshine’s all the time and the feelin is laid back.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It's funny as I've been late to the party and have only cooked three tri-tips since I saw they were so popular on the west coast. I'll take a bone in standing rib any day on the grill... but I'm old and what do I know.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Tri tips? We buyba cow off my buddy every year. I never even heard of that.
But hey, I still prefer some deer steak fried up in some cast iron with mushrooms onions and bacon.
Some nice home fries and fiddleheads on the side.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'd say it's fiddle head time....the skunk cabbage is a foot tall.....but our fiddleheads are not the kind you eat....

Hey Jay...did ya hear?...we are selling out and I'm moving in with Fred for awhile. You and Kristy wanna come too? Fred has a big back yard with a pool....heck, we could set up tents and have a bonfire every night! Play hard core Hillbilly music and have a keg set up in an old bath tub.....sheeeeeetttt, we will show those cultured people how to live.

You could drive Old Red out and I'll bring Ole Yeller. Maybe I could come up to your place first and get your ice shack on a trailer and bring that.The four of us with our dogs could live in there while Fred puts on an addition.

HEY...Nothing personal, you know that....but that F Susan Collins has to go......she's voting yes on whatever she is....yes woman for child molesting....

I'm beginning to think we should go back to the old days when men ran things, along with police chiefs....these women are screwing things up...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whoo hoo! Yeah. Guess I won't need my snowblower. Maybe we can fix that state.

Yeah! Don't get me started on that two face b#&ch. You know how I feel. I've said it before.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea......forget the snowblower...bring oooonnnnn the swim trunks and I'll bring the grill.....Fred's neighbors are gonna love us.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Mr Know it all please expand on my being wrong, I digress on the tri tip, my head is full of useful information that I was mistaken as the Bottom sirloin is a low and slow cook.
So tell us what you know about ats34? Without using Google.
Using your mentality if I say ats34 is junk for knife steel its FACT. The good properties for knife steel are
Ease of sharpening
Edge retention
Proper heat treatment to be strong but not brittle
ATS34 does not have the first 2 qualities.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

All my best knives for from Scandinavia, don't know exactly what steel but they work.

Now you guys are heading west to Califony I will have to go round Cape Horn to land on the correct coast... :roll: and will Old Savage have room for a funny talking Englishman who will take the scopes off his Leverguns given half a chance....... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I disagree on ATS 34, compared to what for what purpose and whose heat treat. But qualifying where you think it doesn’t come up to snuff does lead the conversation on rather than just calling it junk. Blade steels have evolved over the last 50-60 years depending on who was doing what with what. 1095 we might say to whatever super steel is the rage right now. Say LC200N for example from Spyderco. 90% of H1 in corrosion resistance and better edge retention. I have not found ATS 34 to be either hard to sharpen or lacking in edge retention. What are you using it for? It was considered one of the top steels by custom makers in the Loveless era and similar to his favorite steel. This is off the top of my head so I don’t recall his.

I have been interested in steel since about age 12 with a Camillus Model 51 that I kept shaving sharp with an oil stone for everyday use.

Now here is a Forschner high carbon stainless that I have used and sharpened daily with a steel for 40+ years and a Dexter carbon steel for longer.

So Mr. Call me Know It All and just use the term Junk and get the meat wrong, why is it I have found Benchmade and ATS 34 fine and you have a problem, please further delineate.

Yowser, how is that for middle of the night vitriolic reply :-) ?

Now it you will excuse me I am going to consult some steel charts I already have saved.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My neighbors here in da condo hood :shock:

Latest, one purposely flooded her apartment and broke the downstairs neighbors windows with a crowbar. A couple of older AA folks got in a drug dispute, cops/arrests/guns/property damage involved. Another took the door off hers and previously had broken windows and large sliding door broken in a lovers dispute.

But wife being condo pres you may be called to hearing … or not but we could get an RV and have a rolling squatters party going with that red necky stuff. Cops might move it along every once in a while but it is a big desert. gk could get quite the orientation :-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok Gunny, now that we are by that, if we are, what steel do you like in whose knife. I am always open to a new knife if it ain’t too much.

Six, your home base will be The Gun Shop. In business since 56. Ron who is big into casting and used to write for Handloader and Rifle will love having you on his days. Endless stuff out here for you and gk to see .., Hollywood and Beverly Hills for a start.

Why you fellows could be tour guides. 😎

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, I don't think Hollywood and Beverly Hills would get my attention, probably be on the 3-10 to Yuma first chance I got .... :lol: I never went on the Pink Jeep tour in Sedona so that too would be on my list. BTW I was only joking about your scope adorned Leverguns.... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Red neck ingenuity, toilets and shopping carts, love it. :)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

In reality, I could never live in California. Florida would be even worse. I would like to get out to California with the Jeep to run some trails up north. Mainly the Rubicon, because it's kinda iconic.
I have been to Florida, but don't care to set foot in it again.
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Can’t take the humidity anymore. If you do get out here there was a company in this building that did a lot of different work mapping, maintenance grants and political for OHV trails. They gave me maps for a large part of Calif.

Lots of stuff on the way. We are headed to Zion National Park.

Four door Jeeps are very popular out here.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:51 am Can’t take the humidity anymore. If you do get out here there was a company in this building that did a lot of different work mapping, maintenance grants and political for OHV trails. They gave me maps for a large part of Calif.

Lots of stuff on the way. We are headed to Zion National Park.
That's cool OS! We'd be spoiled with something like that. Maine is quite the opposite. There are maps and GPS, but both are unreliable as to actual roads. Much of that due to logging. Roads Change all the time.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The people of any area make the area.......nothing personal Fred....but I would not last 7 seconds in Cali...maybe the northern part, but only for 24 hours and that 24 hours would have to be in da woods.

Now Maine, I'd fit right in, except where Susan Collins lives.....

VT, MA, and NH, CN, NY, RI....educated liberals, except in the rural area.

Upstate Pa...Hillbilly heaven...but cold to outsiders.

Florida.....one time for a week camping in Walt Disney World.....never again....while we had a good time, one time was enough.

Colorado...been near everywhere in it...love it but the people are clichish much the same way they are in upstate Pa....hillbillies do not like flatlanders.

Texas......only people they accept are Texans, much the same as in Montana where it's "poverty with a view".

I'm not being inclusive to all people...just my experiences...

This all boils down to "I just don't want to be around anyone except me and my blood" .....I'd never make it if a neighbor was less than 100 yards from me. My next door neighbor and me have been buddies for 46 years and never one issue but...but...we are both introverts and stay to ourselves and MOOB....once every several weeks we b.s and help each other out....

NOW! On to the best steel....who gives a S? Even the iron spike that drove throught Jesus's hands and feet could have been hammered out to make a decent knife....I once had a rare first model 1873 Winchester that was made with regular iron and it shot fine.......go to bed before I have to come out west and bit8: slap you Fred!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The best steel garners a lot of “discussion” among the aficionados. BIL has been into for a long time. Loveless

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

WTH are you watching man? You gotta get outta the house. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Back to Loveless and knife steels. He used 154 cm which is very similar to 134 ATS. Right now that is about midway in the charts on the various scales. Edge retention and ease of sharpening most often counter each other. They also do toughness and rust resistance.

The heaviest use I have seen knives put to is on the fishing boats off the coast. They will have hundreds of fish to clean from rockfish to 40 Yellowtail. Knives will look like this but usually bigger. Forschner high carbon stainless like the one I showed before cutting scales, flesh and bone.

The various “super steels” continue to evolve with new ones showing up regularly. The testing routines get far from any use have ever had slicing lots of rope and card board. One guy stabbed a Glock knife into the dirt 100 times then claimed it would not cut paper. Or they want to bend it to 90 degrees without damage. The wilderness survival guys have their own preferences.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Jay....Quiet.... keep it down....... I told Him about a year ago He needed a vacation. He don't want to hear it......but a week in Kalifornia with O.S. would rock the world. stay under the radar. :shock: .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:35 pm Jay....Quiet.... keep it down....... I told Him about a year ago He needed a vacation. He don't want to hear it......but a week in Kalifornia with O.S. would rock the world. stay under the radar. :shock: .
Haha yeah. He knows I'm just hackin' on him. He ain't going to no California. Even if he thought it would make OS uncomfortable. :D
Heck! He won't even come up here! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think he is really thinking of busting out, breaking the mold, hittin the big road trip. 8)

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The big road trip..... :shock: Time for old Six to get an electric Car to go with His Timex . On the Road Again................ Ooops I meant Rolex.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just a reminder...my fine compadre Jay can say anything he wants to me...anything....and I would take it as a compliment. We are the "ball brothers" as we hang together.

Gunny and Tom too......the California Kid has to tread lightly until I find out where Jay Bird is being held hostage. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......touched a nerve did it?

Now, on to the video on moms phone........if I had a way of putting it on here you guys would laugh until the sack holding me and Jay together broke apart.....I had mom stop the video to take a picture.

"FUN & good times roll together...and baby, let em roll and you can't "let em roll" in a Governor Newsome inspired piece of junk EV. I like 94 octane gas, 14-1 pistons, a high lift cam, headers and cubic inches that are 427 or more, all fueled by a double pumper carb that's 1100 cfm's or more....we need to use all the gas there is...burn it up and by that time, the EV's will be made to last more than 200 miles.....I don't give a F...use it...........I was getting some high octane fuel the other night and looked at the college professors lined up charging their cars, reading newspapers, their child porn infected phones, or playing the skin flute. Queer sissies who think the pen is mightier than the sword.......

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha my man!
Yup. Shoot, there ain't no way we can burn up all the oil in the ground.
They said we was gonna run out in what.....74? Yeah, right.
Once i see em lie once......well......I know its ALL lies. And that seems to pan out right most if the time. The electric car thing is about control. That's it.

I get a pass from Six cause I've earned it. I also know how guys like us think and know where the lines are.
He knows as well as me there's a good chance we will all be living up here on my lot in a shack soon anyway. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't ever see myself doing a road trip anymore. I know for sure I'm not getting on a plane anymore. My "bubble" is within 50-100 miles of the compound for the rest of my days........love it here, it's country, can shoot, can walk around the yard naked if I want
.......as long as I don't do it out front, can whip out Peter and take a leak anytime I choose with no fear of anyone hawking me out.....as long as I don't do it out front....even so, the compound sits 330 feet from the road and I'm exempt from all future laws concerning sewer hook up or public water.....

Got woods, fields, swamps, flat land, hilly land, water, burn pit for disposing of stuff...... The compound is my entertainment center that no one except my wife can tell me what to do...so what the hell do I need to go on a "road trip" for?

It's nice.....a couple of thousand a year for taxes and the rest is mine.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, you got a nice place down there buddy. Seriously.
I don't blame you for not leaving. Plus, you have been there since way back so you "know people".
Can't put a price on that.

It's the same with me up here. I can get, do, or get away with almost anything I want. I got land, stuff, and family I can count on.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay...you, Gunny and Tom have earned it and I hope the feeling is mutual. In my adult years I've only had 3 good friends and a million acquaintances but those 3 guys would get outta bed at 3 am to come get me....

But....they never had to......when your a "ball brother", you are self sufficient......tools, air compressor, tire plugs, water, blankets, extra Skoal is always with me and I take care of my own issues.....what the hell do I need a cell phone for?....or membership to the AAA........FOR REAL, swear on mama and papas graves....around 25 years ago, my boy, who was about 15 at the time....I was coming back from hunting and the temp gauge shot up.....I stopped, looked underneath of the '79 Ford pickup and saw a freeze plug on the engine block rusted through. As that happened the year before I had a couple of plugs behind the seat........

Yep, it was the plug behind the engine mount so I got underneath on the side of a busy road, unhooked both engine mounts, jacked up the engine 4" so I could get to the plug, got my tools out and broke out the rest of the old plug, cleaned it up and tapped in a new plug after putting PermaTex around it..........dropped the engine back on the mount, bolted it up, refilled it with the water I kept in the bed of the truck....and drove home..........

A state cop pulled over and asked if I was OK as he saw the rifles in the rack...(one was an 1886 in .33)..I told him, "thank you officer, another hour here and I'll be out of your hair"....and I was....only thing I had to do was change the water to antifreeze when I got home.

My motto is "Be Prepared" and F.U to anyone who has more than a high school education. (They think they know better)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay...it's a good feeling when you don't need anyone. Of course, some things you do and for that I have this funny thing called "CASH". You guys in Maine are probably like 75% self sufficient........I'm just about alone in that category down here......

That's just another reason that when I was banned from Leverguns a few months back I didn't give a rats butt....with my knowledge I can go to any gun forum and fit in with the first post......I stay here 'cause you guys here on the PI thread are my bro's...better than the real "bro" I have who turned me into the State Police on a "hunch" someone else said to him......my dad knew the score and fixed him good and my dad said, "don't worry about it, we will get the last laugh"......and I did. :D

I've seen it all and in the end, as usual, I won. The world is full of rotten jealous people and take it from your ball brother, it was not easy getting to 67---006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Absolutely bud.

Yup. Lots of places up here, there's no choice. You better have your poop together or you're gonna have problems. What is amazing, is how many don't. I have zero sympathy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

On another note I devised this very simple way to clean a sidewalk with 5 gallons of water and the left over soapy water from doing the floors in the house.

I have a sidewalk out front and it gets all kinds of dirt on it...from cats walking on it and foxes taking a dump on it, along with other calamities from nature.....

I don't have a front water spigot and it's a pain to get 100 feet of hose to the front for the pressure washer.

I mop the floors in the house with water/Simple Green first then add a couple of cups of bleach. Take that water with the mop and mop the sidewalk.....then dump what water is left in the bucket and dip that bucket into the clear water from the spring 20 yards from the front of the house. Go into garage and get my Ego blower........dump a half gallon at a time and use the blower to push the clean water through the dirty water and off to the side......

The whole thing takes 10 minutes....I love those blowers.

Do I have too much time on my hands? :D