Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by harry »

Here, been hauling in pellets this morning.
We’re going to be in the high 40’s to mid 50’s over the next few days. It’ll be nice to get some out door things done. Yesterday I rode the 4 wheeler around looking for the license plate for the fifth wheel, I’m guessing the 50+ mph wind we had a few weeks ago broke the plastic mount and sent the plate to netherworld.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gunny won!
I'm up boys. Woo! I was beat. That 4hr time change is a butt kicker! I'm in a lot better shape after traveling 1st class though.
A pet bear? Hmmmm.........
Gotta hillbilly a way to catch one. Maybe put out the grandkids as bait, have the boy hold it down, and then I'll get a rope on it.
Have to feed it people I don't like, cause I can't afford a 200 pounds of salmon a day. :D

More snow here than in Anchorage. Weird.

Hey Harry. You'll find that plate plowed up in a snowbank come spring.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm down in Bournemouth, actually found an old gun shop and bought his last tin of #11 CCI percussion caps, non of his guns had outside hammers so I wasn't tempted..

Glad you arrived safe and sound Jay, will the Bear be traveling first class on your return... :?:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Of course it will travel 1st class, its a THERAPY bear!! :lol:

Glad ya got in and settled Jay. Again give my best to your Son & family. He has my support and respect! How soon is Colt gonna show up?

Hey thats 2 in a row! Was it Sauer that made a model 102? Sounds familiar...

Sure would like to find the nitwit that ok'd the use of plastic for license plate brackets- just dumb! Harry around here the guys that trailer boats always tie a piece or paracord through a hole on the plate and the other end to a solid part, lots of brackets broken off on the boat ramps. At least the plates don't get lost that way.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! A therapy bear.
You gotta use their stupid commie rules against them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well...out there in Harry Land, it's pretty much like Jay Land and Sixgun Land.....we get the most for our money...so that means if Harry would have changed the plastic holder that was originally made in 1962 to a fresher one he'd be OK...

Yea...Gunny wins....TWO in a row! Mmmmmmm gotta think, the guy has everything. There was a High Standard .22 target pistol model 102. (I think) I had a brand new one from the late forties in the box ....ahhh, sold it and quadrupled my money....

Grounds covered with snow but the "big" one tomorrow is supposed to be 4-6"...oooooo whoopie.......

GK made a killing on caps...send me you address and I'll send ya a case of them, marked "limes"...

More bs on TV.....we have no business in Ukraine...once again, rank and file dying for the rich businessman.....something will happen...an errant missle

I'm going out .....sick of all this bs....could you imagine President Trump saying while campaigning, "if a vacancy on the Supreme Court comes up I'm going to put in an old white guy."
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have a bunch of trailers. A 5x8 utility, a boat trailer, a double snowmobile trailer, an enclosed snowmobile trailer.....
We put the plate on with wing nuts and swap it between em all. :D
Gotta beat the man however you can!

Man! Trying to keep up with grandkids make old Jay feel old! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

RIGHT THE HIGH STANDARD! How could I have forgotten about that... always a great shooting pizztol. I have a 100 model. My brother in laws stepfather, a Newark chief of police ( he was during the riots in the 60s) had it and some other guns and I gave the family a reasonable value to what he had. Think I gave her 300 bucks for the HS, 12 bricks of 22s and assorted other ammo.

Jay just give the kids candy & sody pop- they will be nuts for a few hours and then crash so you can take a nap! :lol:
Man to be a kid growing up on Kodiak! Yup I would have turned feral real fast! Hey, Colt will be a natural born Alaskan, that means he gets a yearly oil check! Tell your son to start Colt's college( or gun fund) with those checks.

Snow stopped here about 1, I saw a couple different forecasts, 3 to 5 or 4 to 11 whodoya believe?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Cassidy is Alaska born too. Clay was born in Virginia when my son was on boarding teams. He made the road trip to Alaska with us. We had his 1 year birthday party in the parking lot of a brewery and pizza joint in Anchorage.
He has totally gone feral now.
My son had him out catching salmon for the freezer this fall. There was a bear 50 yards away doing the same thing. Clay looks at my kid and says, "He looks hungry. Glad the fishing is good". He was 3 haha.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Feral? Yes, it is important for children growing up to have interaction with peers of his age......Alaska is not exactly what it was 100 years ago so Cody's kids will be fine.

Ya know what screwed me up....bad too.......growing up in a middle to upper middle class neighborhood where a fair amount of people had their own swimming pools.....an all white school (except a brother and sister and their dad was a doctor) where everyone had their own cars and nice clothes and there was very little back stabbing.....yea, stealing someone's ball was as bad as it got.

In fact, most of the kids had better cars than the teachers.....Corvettes, fast back Mustangs, even a Shelby, I had an RS/SS Camaro......girls all smelled nice....no 8th grade pregnancies.....very little corn fed ones like they have upstate.

Then I got into the real world where I thought trust was normal......that's why kids growing up need interaction of all types.

What is it with the news weather......they drag it out for 10 minutes telling about the swirls of wind in Arizona.....who gives a F?...

We are out of bread and mom thinks I'm gonna go to the supermarket.....ha! I told her to get her dough and yeast...
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I just love free heat.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

76 in the house!? Too warm for me , 72 is perfect, any warmer and im down to my shorts!

Just wait until those kids come back to the lower 48, culture shock , the traffic and STUPID people . Does your boy have plans to retire in Alaska or come back home ?

Sitting in my lazy boy reading and I started to doze off, too warm by the pellet stove!

Where's my pair of high standards?

Six did you ever call Tom? I gotta get back to his Marlin stock, need to final fit and shape , fill & finish it for him.

Uh oh im getting that look from Claro, time to go pelosi .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No Gunny...never did....I'm not at my best for personality in the winter.....I think too much....

Remember, that 76 is dry heat AND.....AND......I'm older than you and so is my wife......your body does not have the circulation it does as you had in the early years.....'76 is usuallly tops.....its mostly between 68-74....although I have it down to a near science with the type of wood I use, the thickness of the log and how much I open the vents, woods stoves don't have thermostats.

I split wood as the winter goes on......yes, I'll keep a couple of cords off to the side all split but the oaks, hickories, ash and beech will be rounds and pretty much dried out so I'll split the wood for bedtime in relation to the weather.....

These babies get dried out fast and will burn for 6-8 hours if I have a hot bed of coals.

I've pushed 160 cords of wood through those doors.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Check these babies out. The one on the left belongs to GK....very early English elephant gun.

New one I wildcatted.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Only Six could sell his cartridge collection and STILL have stuff like that.
Man! Thise kids ran us ragged today. I can't imagine having that kind of energy. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jayster....from a long way away.....it's cold here bro....snowing and a blowing......Maine weather........can't stand it.......going bananas.........mental issues are cropping up....mom wants bread as we have everything else but she won't go because of the roads.....so I offer to run to the supermarket and pick up a few things.....about 2 miles away............I notice people are being civil and staying well behind each other as it's ice...very very slippery.......one push on the gas pedal and the Rubicon spun sideways......

I go and get the bread and when leaving some guy in an old Honda sedan climbs right on my bumper....I'm going about 25 in a 35....pizzed me off so instead of slowing down I plain stopped.....I look in the side mirror and a head pops out of his window and it looked like he had lips that added 500 pounds to the weight of his car......I put the Rubicon in creeper gear and took off at 5 mph and didn't get over 10.......as I made a turn he went straight to where Cheyney University is.....that's a..a...a historically black college. Brains of an amoeba.........

Dude, I saved my entire cartridge collection...sold the boxes...must have 1.000 or more of about any cartridge ever made from 1870's to 1980's or so.....rimfire collection of about 50...Spencer's, Henry's, 41 Swiss..all dat good S.

If you get a chance take some pics....it'll be the closest I ever get to Alaska.----have a great time....we will be waiting for stories.---006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok buddy. If I get out and around I will.
I have a ton from here, just not in the winter. I can post some up for sure.
I'm gonna hit the hay buddy.

Yup. A TJ Rubi will come around quick. Even with the locker off, the rear still has a limited slip. Only rig ever made that way.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wanna see a vehicle go sideways fast?just goose my 07 2500 Cummins, a little snow and she'll come around lickety split. All that torque and ya better have the front end engaged if straight is your plan.

Yes more Alaska pictures please. I wanna see muskox, wolverine, halibut! ( I know you won't see the first 2 on kodiak) .

Six I think we should develop a single shot pistol around that 500 from GK. let's see, 3" barrel, has to be a falling block otherwise the slide would fly back and knock yer teeth out!

Huh, 2-3 inches per hour along the coast, all the way up to Maine. You are going to owe your dad big time!

Not much snow here but it's really blowing!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok. Not much yet, but when OldWin's buds ask, OldWin delivers.
One of these i posted before, but these are coming into Anchorage.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got one out the window of the airport in Anchorage and a couple taking off before we got in the clouds.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Couple coming into Kodiak. That airstrip is a little dicey. One end is out into the harbor. The other ends in a wall of a mountain. Its not bad if you come in from the water, but if you come in over the mountain, it's one quick decent.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, that is snow at the water’s edge. Thought the wing was icing up.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Still snowing here, 12 f. Windchill is -5. Gonna be 44 by Wednesday. Ive been reading all morning, waiting for the snow to stop so I can go plow. I'm gonna try Six's leafblower trick as this snow is very light powdery stuff. I have to either shovel or snowblower in front of the garage in order to get the Ranger close enough to plow. If the leaf blower trick works well enough I won't have to shovel!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah Gunny. If the snow is light, a leaf blower will work good. Especially if the wind isn't blowing.
I just went out and cleaned my kids driveway. Wind blowing about 35mph.
One thing I didn't realize, is that the light comes off one end if the day. It doesn't get dark much earlier than home. What it does is stay dark in the morning. I took this picture at 8am.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! Neato pics Jay........now I have something to brag about to my buddies but beings you are the only,guys I know anymore, let me brag to you.

Hey guys, I know this guy who lives in Maine and he's visiting his son and family on Kodiac Islamd in Alaska......looks really cold.....I saw the airport and even the house that holds my old 1895 Winchester in 35 wcf, a powerful cartridge. This guy I know does all sorts of neat stuff and gives me some entertainment.......

Ok, ITS COLD...got down to 14 and is now 20.....supposed to be single digits tonight.....I NEVER include wind chill ....to me that's stupidly........it's just something the news people made up so we watch more Tv.

Well,...gonna fire up the Kubota and back drag some paths around here...leave the driveway alone.....keeps people out....

I accidently passed gas in front of mom and she won't talk to me now...she don't go for that barbaric behavior....that's why I do it with you guys becasue I know you guys appreciate a good gas passing, especially Fred....who is probably on the golf course in 70 degree weather.

Enjoy bro...me and Gunny ain't doing nuttin...GK and Harry are probably sitting back and sipping bourbon.....tom is still MIA....gots to call...
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Old patient returned after 16 yrs, problem returned and he didn’t want it too get too bad. 65 years on the job. Hopes to make it to 66+ to get the company record. He is 85. Showed me his 68 Nova with 330,000 plus miles. 327 with a toilet paper air cleaner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Temp plunged to 55, watching golf on TV.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I tried the leaf blower trick, too much wind but not for blowing but because the snow was in stratified layers, just didn't blow. So I spent about 2.5 hours out there pushing snow. Spoke with the next door neighbor, his backhoe wouldn't start so I did his driveway too. 9 driveways this time. Another neighbor handed me a Cnote and a bottle of get this, SCREWBALL peanut butter whiskey. Actually its pretty good, smooth, yes peanut butter with slight coffee finish. Not too bad, of course more taste testing to come.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Other than the wind, it was nice this afternoon, so we took a walk. Snapped a few.
One looking out the kitchen window. You can see the wind blowing snow off the peak of the mountain.
Another of Cody, Clay and Ava the great Dane. One if Nanny K and Cassidy.
One looking down Cody's street to the main drag of town. And finally one of Nanny K and Clay climbing Mt. Gravel.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks good to me, any real estate on the market there ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:18 pm Old patient returned after 16 yrs, problem returned and he didn’t want it too get too bad. 65 years on the job. Hopes to make it to 66+ to get the company record. He is 85. Showed me his 68 Nova with 330,000 plus miles. 327 with a toilet paper air cleaner.
330,000 miles :? I just bought a car this afternoon with only 17,000. . . . Six said I was going to get one smaller than a motorcycle and he was right I got a Ford KA... :lol:

Glad you're having a good time Jay, poor old Fred is shivering in a 55f cold spell and Tom is still MiA. Gunny is up for the neighbor of the month award and Jack is in the doghouse.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks John. We'll it's winter. I can lend you the motor out of my Harley if you need a boost in power. :D

I'm sure there is Gunny. Probably not cheap, however. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Sewards Folly"......Alaska........they took more gold outta there in two years to match what the Feds paid the Russians for it.
THAT, my fine friends was a deal.....could you all imagine if the Russians were that close to us now?

What's the temps Jay? Sure looks like rugged territory....thanks for the pics......those mountains are biggies.

Cold ain't the word for it now.....14 and blowing.....fired up the mighty Kubota and instead of going forward and digging up everything the bucket hits, i back drug....made paths for the dogs and other places I go......

Extra Harley motor for GK? Just give him a bungee cord.

Little cold in the house. :D

Wood stove top is at 500 degrees
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Feels like beach weather here. It's about 30. Warmest it got home was 7 haha.
It's been way colder home than here. Weird. I'm sure it's some colder up in them mountains though. Especially with that wind whipping around. It is rugged country for sure.
The boy's bud from the base stopped today. He dropped off several bottles of hooch, and deer bow target. Apple didn't fall far, i guess. The kid is going to practice with his bow so he can shoot does in town next season.
His bud is from Utah. He is heading to the mainland for a caribou hunt pretty soon.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

News..

SB#2 has been zapped.....ahhhhhh, poor little piggy...

First German joke I ever heard...

What do you call a blind German?....

Nazi. :D :D :D :mrgreen: :D
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The way the Alaska current comes up acts a lot like the Gulf Stream does for Brittiania, it warms . Heck we have colder winter temps on average than Anchorage.

6 degrees here, still blowing but not as bad. No birds today, guess I'll do laundry :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Texted the old man this morning. I guess we got 18" or so of snow. I feel like a DB being up here while he is cleaning up. Of course, Zoey is loving life. Truth to tell, the old man is too, but I don't want him overdoing it.
Last edited by OldWin on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That was always my concern too, Dad was a smart guy as he let me take over the snow removal as a kid! Guess thats also why I plow a good deal of the neighbors too, can't have little old ladies falling into a snowbank having heart attacks!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The old man's walkway.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats just a tad more snow than we got !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's quite a walkway...by hand?....

Went to bed around 3 and it was 8....my digital thermometer keeps the lowest and highest and it went down to 6....when I got up....not long ago, it was 20. :D

Not much going on. ....like nothing......

Nothing cleans up snow like a snowblower......I had a real nice one but this year, I'm gonna get me one with all of the bells and whistles....electric start....10 speed forward and reverse....well, my old one was like that.....

Was thInking about a front one for the Kubota that uses the front PTO but it's worthless for walkways and such.......

Maybe one that's gold plated so I can pretend I'm Old Savage....hey....where is Old Savage? Him and Tom must have eloped.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We use walk behind blowers. It's easier to get in around stuff and to turn around without running over and packing snow. We use hydrostatic cause they work the best for us, but that's a matter of personal preference.
If you have a long driveway or big area to do, the tractor mounted ones are worth it. Single stage works best by far if you can get them.
Yeah. We do dad's walk by hand most times. There is a step up at the bottom, so unless it's a really big storm, we just shovel it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sunny Calif. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

At skool all the sidewalks had heat tubing in the concrete, never shoveled, no ice ever. I dunno how many miles of tubing or gallons of antifreeze but that was an awesome setup! Of course snow out there doesn't hang around long with the extremely low humidity. Just poof its evaporates.

I was looking at a blower made for the Ranger, 6 grand or more. If I lived where I had to deal with lake effect snow then it would be worth the money but not around here.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

'56 bird? I'm surprised that people who live in California live more than 40 years....who works?

On to the snowblower......Jayster or Gunny.......single stage vs 2 stage....what's the 2 stage? Does it have a separate motor to blow out the snow? When I buy one, it's going to be the best one that relates to my usage. Jay, you know what I have......driveway can be done with the Kubota

The nice one I HAD was a Toro

Give me a brand and power level....within reason....I don't need a 6,000 hp fuel injected......

I'm thinking somewhere between a grand and 2
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A single stage has a high speed auger. It channels the snow to the center and throws it up and out the chute. To my knowledge, the only walk behinds still like that are the little small walkway and deck ones. Thanks Ralph Nader!
The dual stage blowers have a slow speed auger. Behind it is a spinning impeller that sits 90 degrees to the auger.
The best working 2 stage I have seen on a walk behind is the Honda. That is what I have, but you won't get a new one for 2k. The next best would probably be Ariens.
Last I knew, John Deere still made a tractor mount single stage, but I don't know about other brands. Most likely, a tractor mount would work ok because it could have more impeller speed with more horse power.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Honda is the only way to go in my opinion. The track drive will go anywhere you might want. Plus they have a great engine.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

These guys have a 24” single stage blower, I’ve purchased two chainsaws through them and they have good costumer service.

https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/ou ... irect.html
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Blowers, chainsaws ???

57 Bird :)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

One O Three.....

Thanks guys......the one Jay has was the same size as the one I had......my dad bought it and used it for a year before I got it.....bad accident destroyed it.....

I like the one Jay has as I like Honda engines...one pull and they fire up...push mower, log splitter, and a pressure washer...love em.

Looking at Harry's link I see Ariens and I read they are good.......

Well, looks like a 24" er (sound right?) two stage...(don't have a choice) and a Honda engine....I'm in no rush but I am a compulsive guy......,might be showing you guys a new one tomorrow night but that's unlikely as most places get sold out after a storm. In the meantime I have my back and a shovel plus the mighty Kubota ...very mighty.....for the big work....

Jay...how much yours set ya back?----6 o de bro wit da hoe
Model A Uzi’s