Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, for the win. Set up by Old Win. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Sun River over by Ft Shaw has a ice jam developing, they have flood warnings out and to move cattle of the lowlands around the river.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We all live in fear of spring break up. Amazing how the old Kennebec can still control people's lives.
April fools day 1987 was the worst on record. It warmed up and rained for a couple days, all the runoff from the mountains caused a breakup, and jams. Words cannot describe it. It permanently changed the landscape in many places. Lots of destruction.
That's why I don't live on the river.

Good win Gunny!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, what caliber should I request in my 99?

Yup blizzard of 96, had 3 feet of snow or more, 2 weeks later a big rain and very warm temperatures, the Delaware River went tens of feet above flood stage, buildings swept off into the rivers. Friends of mine have a trout hatchery on a river that feeds into the Delaware, they lost hundreds of thousands of fish. Take the lesson from groundhogs, they don't live below the flood line!
So I took the MIGHTY 410 out this morning, 2 shots, 2 roosters, im not bragging or am I? :lol:
Now I have the even mightier Benelli M1Super90 out for a sit, here backstraps, here jerky come meet your new friends, 00 buckshot!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Shh, whats that , sounds like footsteps! Thats a very small deer... wait thats a coyote! Sucker knew i was in this ground blind, started to run. Drop my phone, pick up Ben and BOOM! Ya cant outrun Federal buckshot!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Man! We never have anything exciting happening around here........one tiny f-2 tornado, one earthquake that if you were not paying attention, you wouldn't have noticed, hurricanes are broken up by the time they get here...floods? We are on high ground....rarely gets to zero and rarely gets to 100. About the only good thing that happens around here is that it's the best area in the country for collectible guns and if you want to work there's jobs....

We watch the corn grow.

Here Gunny...you won.....take this junk...mgf in 1901...30 Savage.....(30-30) ...that's how they marked them.....half rd/oct...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You got a coyote? You lucky dog.....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good job Gunny!

You want a 38-55. I thought my old buddy Six had one in a full octagon. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ooohhh yeah ill take a 38-55!
Man this place has lots of dog tracks, the hunt club even more. Time to do some control work!

Uh, hear more footsteps, gotta go!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20220122_172357.jpg
Yup its got some mange. Tiny litte thing too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Six,
Did you just say nothing exciting happens around you. PA is probably going to be ground zero for an Ebola outbreak.

https://www.kmov.com/news/don-t-approac ... _id=990844

:o :o :o :o :o :o
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

jdad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:03 pm Six,
Did you just say nothing exciting happens around you. PA is probably going to be ground zero for an Ebola outbreak.
Jdad,
Never heard about that...it's a good 125 miles from me but I know the area real well......did some matches right down the road, maybe 10 miles from there.......those monkeys don't have a chance.....it's very rednecky up there.

Like 100 monkeys escaped and supposedly they were all captured....they posed no risk at all....as I write this there are about a million monkeys 20 miles down the road in Philly that do pose a risk......24 murders since the first of the year. The ones who shot those 24 should be given medals for community service.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I hang out in high class places as Six said. 8)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Another big fire out your way I see....all the little animals with no place to go
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Jay Bird wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 pm
Jdad,
Never heard about that...it's a good 125 miles from me but I know the area real well......did some matches right down the road, maybe 10 miles from there.......those monkeys don't have a chance.....it's very rednecky up there.

Like 100 monkeys escaped and supposedly they were all captured....they posed no risk at all....as I write this there are about a million monkeys 20 miles down the road in Philly that do pose a risk......24 murders since the first of the year. The ones who shot those 24 should be given medals for community service.
Are you referring to Kensington Ave? :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

jdad wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:09 am
Jay Bird wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 pm
Jdad,

Are you referring to Kensington Ave? :wink:
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Kensington ave? When was the last time you were there? It's about the whole city except jewelers row and the tourist traps.....theynhave "wolf packs" roaming around......they lol for an easy target then surround them.....cops I used to shoot with told me you see about 1 out of a hundred crimes on TV.

You ought to see what they do with off road ATV's......they ride in packs of a couple of hundred and just drive through the city....cops can't do nothing because of how many there are and if they do chase one it's easy for them to get away.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The gang here had me up at 0345. WHY? Worst part about it was I tossed & turned all night. Definitely a nap later today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sounds like a job for the Magnificent Seven :o when lawlessness takes over the laws are proven to be useless....

Temp around 44f here dull damp and dismal.

OS all our money is damp right now but at least bra money is warm... :)

Gunny don't let 'em sleep during the day rig up a NON motion sensor to an alarm clock... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:18 am Kensington ave? When was the last time you were there? It's about the whole city except jewelers row and the tourist traps.....theynhave "wolf packs" roaming around......they lol for an easy target then surround them.....cops I used to shoot with told me you see about 1 out of a hundred crimes on TV.

You ought to see what they do with off road ATV's......they ride in packs of a couple of hundred and just drive through the city....cops can't do nothing because of how many there are and if they do chase one it's easy for them to get away.
YouTube is full of "documentaries" about the famous Kensington neighborHOOD.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So GK, your time as a Game Keeper did you ever see a pheasant fall out of the air withOUT being shot? I saw it myself this morning. Parker found it, gave it the half point half flush and it rose up as normal. It was headed into a NO SHOOT zone so I did not shoot. The bird got about 25 feet off the ground and its wings stopped flapping and it fell out of the sky hit the ground hard enough that I swear I heard bones break, it never as much as twitched. A few of the guys were watching, couldn't believe what we saw.
Then Parker found the next bird and the magic 28 barked, another in the bag. She then found, chased and tackled a 3rd bird that wouldn't fly. So I fired 1 shot and 3 birds.
I was done so fast I decided to take a walk and look for holdover birds, didn't find any but I got a nice pic.
20220123_105156.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's a nice looking double 28....tell me about it....i thoughts you were and o&u man.........

Look at Parker's tongue.......you have her trained so you can rest a beer on the end of her tongue.

I have a huge fear of fire.....I'm always checking around the wood stove to make sure nothing is near it or something the cat can knock over.......rarely do I load up the stove before leaving the house preferring to come home to a cool house where I can have a roaring fire in 30 seconds.......we have one heck of a draft...20' of straight triple wall pipe....

So I load up the stove last night with some big chunks of oak and cut back the air vents to one turn....it'll burn all night.....hit the sack and ten minutes later I smelled something cooking....yes. cooking, not smoke.....thinking mom is making toast before going to bed...........so I get up and check everything...nuttin'......mmmmmm........we keep a cast iron tea pot on the stove and fill it with water and it was out of water.....earlier in the day I poured a half bottle of flat Coke in it and it was the sugar that was burning.

Back to bed......where I let out a 10 second blast of hot air. Dog jumped a foot in the air....I chuckled and fell into sweet dreams.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gunny's been on fire!
Not only a coyote, but now he don't even have to shoot his birds. They get one look at old Gunny's double, and just drop dead from fright. :D

Oh, and nice shotgun buddy it's nice to see those barrels arranged as they should be. Instead of those silly things stacked on top of each other. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...ain't that the truth...Gunny is on a rolllllllllllll.......I would have liked to see the coyote get shot with buckshot.....must have blown him 10' away.....like in the movies when a guy gets shot......must be hell for the stuntman......

Remember in the movie "Shooter" at the end when the FBI agent (Shooters pal) is walking up towards to helicopters and gets shot? The way I see it only his back is visible to the sniper who shot him but he reveals a metal plate that's on his front......I'd be dammed if I'd take that chance...a 12" plate.

Well Jay.....what's on the agenda?....besides getting ready for your 36 hours......just a few more years buddy.....do what your told...be marginal....come in on time......then collect those electronic deposits like me......then go out and spend your money on a wheelbarrow collection as guns lose their sparkle.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Keeping my eyes on the prize bro!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, I saw a heck of a lot of pheasants fall out of the sky but they were all carrying a bit of lead shot. I have seen a few pheasants die from gape worms, the worms live in the birds throat and eventually suffocate the bird. I would have liked to have examined that bird to see why he fell out of the sky.... :?
I bet that 28 gauge is a dream to carry as well as being a proven game getter...... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah see here! Stack barrels are competition guns, my trio of Perazzi, Ruger Red Label 28 and my Redheaded Stepchild . The later get some field time on occasion.

That particular juxtaposed is a fine Italian, Rizzini. 28" tubes, screw in chokes, single selective triggers and ejectors. My 410 is the bottom end CZ , it has double triggers and extractors, nice case colors. The 20 is a coined receiver but quite highly 'scratched' up by machine I believe.
Its funny, that CZ had 11 lbs triggers when I got it, not from poor trigger/ sear engagement but due to the fact the trigger plate was never deburred. I just happened to know a guy that could fix that problem. Instantly cut the trigger pulls down to 5lbs. A bit heavy but its a shotgun & not a rifle, wearing gloves and cold 5 lbs is perfect. It also kills birds like a magic wand!

WATER ONLY Jack! I rigged a pot on the basement pellet stove for humidity, the other stove i bent some 3/8 copper to hold a bowl. Amazing how fast water evaporates.

Gape worm, never heard of it. This was a hen, she had been beating her head on the crate, maybe dain brammage leading to a stroke? Yes the 28 is very nice to carry at about 6 lbs but the 410 at 4&3/4 is even nicer!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh and that tongue! She gets that thing flapping in the thick stuff and she comes back bleeding.
Around the house the saying is she has a loaded tongue and she's not afraid to use it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, brain damage in pheasants is quite common, I have seen birds hit their heads on the wire in the release pens and go into permanent reverse, running backwards around the pen and crashing into the other birds. Just how they manage to damage something as small as a pea beats me?.... :o I could leave the pen door wide open and they wood still try to get through the wire. Partridge on the other hand would find the smallest hole in a pen and all would escape within minutes... :lol:
Gape worm is a parasite that lives in ground heavily used for gamebird breeding, regular moving the breeding pens helps and there is medicine that I put in the drinking water.

My little Zabala SxS .410 is a joy to carry too.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah I didn't think their brains were THAT big, certainly bigger than a libatard brain but as big as a pea- Yer kidding right? :lol:
I really should take the 410 more often but its a bigger pita to load ammo for! But darn its fun! I keep forgetting to pattern my 3" loads of #2s,

BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'll tell ya why that bird dropped......he looked and saw Gunny with that "never miss" 28 ga. and had a heart attack.....

Me and mom were laughing like crazy on Parker's tongue ....not the tongue but about it being a shelf for a can of beer.

We get near daily bird slams into the front bay window.........the back bay window lines up with the front one......about once a month I go out there and clean the glass.....rare to find a bird though.....they come to their senses after a brief moment.

Jay, I'll get your prize later...dogs are climbing up my leg waiting to go for a walk.......wait here....you didn't win, Gunny did.

Old Savage probably has his calculator out and doing advanced math to see exactly when page 100 comes up.......
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Found this partridge one day at camp. Took me a minute to figure out what happened.
He was smoking along at full throttle and slammed into the window. When he did, it was hard enough to bow the combination window out of the track on the left side. Once his head went through, it sprung back trapping him. He is high enough that nothing could reach him for the free meal.
There he hung.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes lots of bird strikes here with the feeders. Its rare they kill themselves. Funny thing is watching Parker chase the birds around the yard when they already stunned but not ready to fly.

We did a new box bay window for customer years ago, got to the job the next morning and the large pane was busted out! Seems a dove was being chased by a small hawk and both slammed into the window , rectum hell killed em both!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pattern a .410 with #2 shot wouldn't that just look like a bad group :?: Anyway please post the results...... :shock:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ill try to remember to pattern it AND take pics! Mostly for raccoons around the house. But if it works out I might try them on fox/ coyotes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

We have rattle snakes here, so thinking of buying a cheap 357 pistol and reaming the rifleing out and have a bird shot load to deal with the snakes, any of you guys tried such a thing.
Trump 2024

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Six, you got any Rossi pistols lying around in your sell back box, thinking one of those would be a good place to start. :)
Last edited by harry on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2024

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

harry wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:07 pm We have rattle snakes here, so thinking of buying a cheap 357 pistol and reaming the rifleing out and have a bird shot load to deal with the snakes, any of you guys tried such a thing.
Be careful you don't end up with an illegal length shotgun.
We don't want our buddy Harry in da pokee! :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Weeeellllll, if you put shot shells in a pistol wouldn’t it be the same, I’m just making a smooth bore to hopefully get better patterns. This is for the girl friend, so she’d go to the pokey.
Trump 2024

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

harry wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:25 pm Weeeellllll, if you put shot shells in a pistol wouldn’t it be the same, I’m just making a smooth bore to hopefully get better patterns. This is for the girl friend, so she’d go to the pokey.
No. It is the rifling that differentiates the two.
That is why a 45/410 TC Contender is legal under NFA.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Ok, so I’ll leave some rifleing in it, they just need an electron microscope to see it. :)
Trump 2024

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I wouldn't own a Rossi or Uberti, taylors, any of that junk......the only good ones are made by the japs and of course many nations have excellent guns in their field....like the English make the best doubles of any persuasion, Italians make some nice shotguns too, chinks and the rooski's make fine military weapons but the chinks only copy proven designs....the only good weapon to come out of Africa is the pointed stick and the rock.

I do have a Colt factory SAA smoothbore barrel in 38-40....complete except the rifling but I won't put it on nothing due to legalities. Just use any medium to big bore revolver with shot. Put in 5 grains of Unique, cardboard wad, fill it to the top with number 11 shot, add another thin cardboard wad and criimp it using a smaller caliber sizing die. Heck, the only time a gun works on a rattlesnake is if you see the snake first and in that case a shovel or E Tool will work just as good.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, have an 88, don’t want a 100.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But Colt and Winchester aren’t making guns, by gone era. We are here and it is now.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

They aren't also not making Fred H&:@-.7 anymore either...there's only one so does that mean we toss Fred and all of those Winchesters and Colts to the side?......can't we just take care of and cherish what we have? Mmmmm :D

Now ole pal.....I have no use for 88's or 100's....GREAT guns..I've owned a half dozen 88's.....but like Rossi's, there's no money in them, unless you luck out onto a .358 or a .284. TERRIBLE triggers and all that complicated post war engineering.

88's hold their own but don't appreciate at the rate of pre 1899 Winchesters or pre war Colt SAA's.

Just think...there's only ONE Fred Ha:;(-'! . That means you are worth a bundle
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have a buddy with an 88 carbine in .284. It was his dad's and that's all he cares about.
I've never owned an 88 or a 100. Didn't care much for the 100. I just like older guns mostly.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...me too Jayster....with the good old guns, you are not spending money, your investing money......that's how I look at it...you can enjoy the gun, shoot it, brag about it, wipe it down, talk to it, fondle it legally then sell it and get you money back plus a tip....

Try that with a Rossi or some other "operate-when-it-wants-to gun.

3 away from winning page 100...I'm going to bed and let the morning crowd win it.....

BTW, SB #1 is starting up again on his disgusting Meatloaf post...Meatloaf was a conservative too...he just couldn't talk about it...

By the way, "don't let your Meatloaf!"--------006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Can't keep away can he? Quite flattering that we are so interesting..... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, I suppose some of what I have maybe most has appreciated but I only bought them to shoot. The 308 88 I have is excellent with its best ammo which is also excellent for out here. But I don’t buy them as investments per say.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well by golly it seems I did win 100 ;-)

Only have seen a couple of those come through the Gun Shop in over 25 years.