Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to see what Bruin did to your little wooden hut as we gamekeepers call them, at least I never suffered Bear damage.. :shock:

Jdad congratulations you won page 78.... :D

I retired from local government environmental health, 7 years ago and have never been happier, working with the public takes it's toll on you, so now I have as little contact with the public as I can. Still not enough time to do all that I want to do so boredom ain't a problem.. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Its funny, people have been trying to make bear proof containers for years but darned if that bear could get those bird crates open!
We did a quick rebuild of the door, as we put the hasp on for the padlock I noticed 2 dents in the brass body. A little forensic investigation and by gum those are tooth marks!
20211205_110351.jpg
How do I know that? Tooth marks in the wood next to where the hasp was attached.
I suggested a shipping container and I think the guys are on board with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Turns out I have been within a few miles each of where OW, Gunny and Six live.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...I like those cages or whatever they are......be great for storing fabric or other things that need air....can I have all of them!
your pal----006

Jdad.......the main thing in retirement is to have your ducks in a row financially/home and it appears you have.....traveling never interested either one of us...I've seen most of the country and found out I couldn't wait to get home after each excursion.......people are the same wherever you go..they just smile in your face then gladly take your money......

We are half day trippers....out and back within an hour to five hours....

If you think you will have someone climbing up your butt always wanting to "do this or that", then stay working to avoid it or you can just tell her like it is and agree to do several things a year but mostly, you just want to stay home and fiddle.....when someone else determines how you should spend YOUR time, you become resentful....THAT has to be worked out in advance...clearly....

I've seen it in guys who were older than me and retired....one couple divorced over it.....she was always telling him what to do and had him on pins and needles because SHE was bored and wanted him around her all the time......

The above is the most important because if your don't get along or one is expecting more from the other, fights/resentment begins.

You will spend less money being retired......hopefully most everything of any importance is paid for or in good shape...think ahead.

My favorite thing about being retired is the ability to "ease into the day"....no more jumping up, dressing and eating at the same time and wondering if the car will start or if there's a traffic jam.....I usually don't do nothing for two hours, go to bed when I want and get up when I want...never a set time.....people had me on a disciplined time schedule for 62 years and I had to account for all of it.

Everyone is different...it took me about two years to slow down mentally.....I never knew how hectic my life was until I retired...today NO ONE tells me what to do...I'll do favors if I feel like it and if I don't, screw them....I don't care what others think...they can call me anything they want and it don't bother me...GOOD BYE M.F... :D

Sometimes I'd wake up and wonder what to do with myself and I have a lot that do around here....gets depressing at times...I reasoned that a criminal can get used to being in a 6 x 9 then I can get used to 4 acres.

But looking back, I know I made the right choice at 62...it's been 5 years and I love it,and if you and your wife see eye to eye you will love it too.

Most guys get a job within a year and if you think that's how you will be, then stay working......the only one I'll work for is myself....around the home.... If you drink you better think of giving it up totally because during the boring times you will drink more and will be dead in two years.

Well, got to get ready to watch Yellowstone...comes on in 5 hours..get it?------ :D 006

The mind WILL adapt to a slower pace
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Gunny. Yup. Bears are like big squirrels. They get into everything and will eat anything they can chew. They can be an awful nuisance and do a lot of damage.

Jdad,
Congratulations on you and your wife's retirement. I have worked at my job for 34 years, and have 6 more to go for retirement. I was only 20 when I started. Hopefully the place will close or they will give me an early out. I've had it. :D
I can't get my head around guys who retire and say they are bored. I always figured it's what they tell everyone cause they can't afford it and are embarrassed to admit it.
My dad has been retired for almost 20 years and says he doesn't know how he had time to work. He always has plenty going on.
The secret is in your habits BEFORE you retire. I work with a lot of guys who live like millionaires and are always in debt. They are screwed. They will never afford their lifestyle IF they retire.
I live small. I already have more than I ever thought I'd have. I'm good with what I have. THAT, is the secret IMO.
Best of luck to you both.

P.S.
My pal Six was 100% correct. Getting along with your spouse without needing constant entertainment is mandatory to a good retirement.
Last edited by OldWin on Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Thanks Jack

We discussed the traveling issue. That's one of the reasons I was to retire within 6 months of her. She didn't want me to be 65 when I retire and her 70. We both have taken separate vacations in the past with no problems. It would be a lot harder for her to enjoy international travel if I waited to retire and she was 70, although my mom went to China by herself for 10 days at 83....freaking wonder woman.

We both want to travel domestically and find somewhere a lot less BLUE than OR to eventually retire to. We would stay to enjoy the beauty, weather, ocean, mountains, etc, but for the concentration of nut jobs in Portland, Salem, and Eugene that basically vote for the way things are in the state. 3 highly concentrated counties control the state elections. Queen Kate (our governor and Jerry "moonbeam" Brown's sister) is considering making OR the only state that requires masks permanently indoors.

Mom's almost 89, still takes care of her home, drives during the day, and tends to a 1/4 yard of roses and veggies. She's shrunk down to 4'10" and I swear my Pyreness thinks she's a baby goat to guard over. I am blessed with her genetics. My wife actually hopes I slow down. I'm very type A from being in outside sales for almost 40 years and am always finding something to do.

I think our retirement will work out fine. I am fairly confident that she doesn't want to be around me all the time. I remember her saying when I was planning a trip years ago, "how am I going to miss you if you never go away?".
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

OldWin wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:07 pm Hey Gunny. Yup. Bears are like big squirrels. They get into everything and will eat anything they can chew. They can be an awful nuisance and do a lot of damage.

Jdad,
Congratulations of you and your wife's retirement. I ha e worked at my job for 34 years, and have 6 more to go for retirement. I was only 20 when I started. Hopefully the place will close or they will give me an early out. I've had it. :D
I can't get my head around guys who retire and say they are bored. I always figured it's what they tell everyone cause they can't afford it and are embarrassed to admit it.
My dad has been retired for almost 20 years and says he doesn't know how he had time to work. He always has plenty going on.
The secret is in your habits BEFORE you retire. I work with a lot of guys who live like millionaires and are always in debt. They are screwed. They will never afford their lifestyle IF they retire.
I live small. I already have more than I ever thought I'd have. I'm good with what I have. THAT, is the secret IMO.
Best of lot you both.

P.S.
My pal Six was 100% correct. Getting along with your spouse without needing constant entertainment is mandatory to a good retirement.
We made a choice a long time ago to live below our means, invest a good portion of our income, and carry little to no debt besides our home. We have been completely debt free for several years now since the home was paid off. Like a lot of people on this board I was raised by Depression Era parents and the lessons/values stuck.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No ya cant have them Six but here-
Screenshot_20211205-171014_Samsung Internet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! $65 and I'd like about 10-15 of them...I'm gonna think some and confer with the boss. Went to Costco tonight and they had lots of man stuff there....neat little 2000 watt generator I'm thinking about. Don't know what I'd need it for but this is America.

Yea...the Jayster is right.....we think alike.....I will say that I do get bored sometimes but that depends on your description of boredom. Mine is when nothing exciting is going on so I'll resort to the board or possibly TV. Some people are happy sitting in a chair and looking out the window watching the grass grow...that S ain't for me...I have to be doing something constructive/accomplishing.

WHATEVER it is that I do during the day it sure beats dealing with the idiots on the road and at work. For 44 years I had to make four right hand turns (including my driveway) aaaaalllllll the way down the road (1 mile and 8 tenths) ......am sooooo glad I'm outta there. I'd have to say my greatest love of retirement is not being pushed, pretending to be NICE, making my own decisions in my day to day activities, and NOT BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO. :D

Jay is also right in that the life you lead/led determines if and when you retire. I've always said there's two reasons why people don't retire......they are either in debt due to their decisions or have no life other than working. I don't believe most people WANT to work when they get old.

It's a great feeling with no one holding anything over my head and as Old Savage tells me, "doing what I want to do in my kingdom"

I consider it more of an "empire". Doesn't matter if it's a small empire as long as you think it's an empire. :D ----006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Neat commercial on TV with Jay and Pops ice fishing.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha!
Yeah that looks about right. May not be any fish, but there's always beer. :D
Usually a couple handguns too. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey, ya know somethin? You Tube has a solution for everything.....while splitting wood today a 50 pound log hit my thumb while my thumb was on another log....dang that hurts........seceral hours later the blood started forming so I chucked in a .030 drill bit int eh drill press and started drilling a hole but the bit must have been dull so I took a needle and heated that red hot with a propane torch and got it glowing red and touched on the spot where I started drilling and presto! The blood came roaring out like Old Faithful....throbbing went down a bit too.----Doctor 6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ouch!
Man I hate when I do that. Really sucks. Looks like you got it handled buddy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Jay...I've (like most of us who actually do work) had this happen a half dozen times and then it's painful for several days and eventually the nail comes off or you have this nasty looking blood spot under your nail. One time I closed the tailgate on Ole Yeller on it...yea, the tailgate with a tire on it.....my finger was black as they come and it was a full year before it looked normal.....

Not no moe.......it's a hot needle and POP!---006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

When I was a kid I was at a friends who lived by the river. We were throwing trash in the river then throwing rocks at the floating trash. I grabbed a BIG rock, probably 20 pound rock. While scrabbling along the side of a Volkswagen size Boulder I slipped and fell smashing 3 fingers. X-rays revealed I literally crushed 1 fingertip. All 3 finger nails went black and the doctor did the hot needle trick. Man talk about relief! Tip of my left middle finger still feels weird, the crushed one.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

RCBS press :shock:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

27,000 lbs of pump rods:
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geese...you'd think with us all having done dumb stuff that our last names would end in "ski". I never seem to learn as I knew the log above the other was destined to fall but I let it be......that's why my last name ends in "O". Now for an Englishman like Fred, he has no excuse and neither does the German Gunny.

So what's going on? Looks like a standard Monday...blah....overcast, misty, windy, ...........I'd better take it easy today and just lounge around...I've tried it a thousand times...lounging around......and it lasts about 15 minutes......
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Local plumber advertising.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

that's nice Harry.......you didn't fool around on that baby! If you look at my thumb on the left side at the tip it is flat.....I chopped off the tip down to the bone when I was 15....they grafted meat and skin from my arm to build it back up...still tender 52 years later.

Harry Kowalski...I like it.....well....YOU luck out.....you get to save 5% less on the total purchase of nail clippers....that's if you have all your toes. ..and I don't mean camel toes.

Fred.....bless the man that gets into other people's s......not for me.....although I do get some sharty underwear sometimes.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I spent the morning in the woods. A lousy squirrel was all I saw. Of all the people I know that are in the woods today no one is seeing squat. Well except 1 guy who shot a small buck while still hunting.
I came home about noon to get something to eat as I forgot my pack in my rush to get out of the house this morning.
C6FD7D3C-A0BD-4C3C-B71B-F39CEA6B1349.JPG
Don't ask how I did this, it was a true act of stupidity. Whole side of my thumb is numb but the tip feeling is fine.

Hey ya know why they end it in ski?
Cuz they can't spell toboggan!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, I like the plumbing sign ... nothing worse than being full of s.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ouch on that thumb.

Heals eventually.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep, had 4 stitches for that act of stupidity! The nerve damage is permanent though.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny Kooganawski...well done!.....come on over and I have a 1/2" end mill bit that's razor sharp. We will put your thumb in a drill press vise with a block of oak underneath it and drill away......

Yea...said this before. Have no idea how we still have all my digits. Scars all over. Well, Harry is at 9 and 3/4.

Fred...looks juicy.........hurray for modern medical technology as a few of us wouldn't be here without it.---006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Truth,
Guy I went to skool with was legally blind. He had glasses as thick as a sidewalk. He had a monocular attached to a set of glasses, he still had to be right up close when machining. One day he was working on something at a Bridgeport mill and got too close, the end mill gathered up his hair and tore off a quarter size hunk of scalp! After that all the instructors ok'd the students wearing hats- they make a good physical curb feeler!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! The Chairmen are getting all stove up.
I'm supposed to go up to the lot to work tomorrow. You boys got me a little nervous. Maybe it'll be my turn...... :shock:

But......I've already had my quota of stupid injuries. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Jay- never, never NEVER chainsaw alone! If you must then wear steel toe boots, saw chaps and a brain bucket. If you insist to not take the precautions then can I have your new Colt?!

Wanna see my bandsaw knuckle?
31BF2F83-00DF-4BEA-A9F1-0FD1518ABCF2.JPG
Another dumb move on my part. I KNEW I was wrong making the cut but I did it anyway.
Whatever dont kill ya...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ouch!

The old man is going with me tomorrow.

Oh Gunny, I was concerned for a minute. It initially looked like you were being nice. Even suggesting you cared. :shock:

Thank goodness that what you were really doing was looking out for your own interests in calling dibs on my new Colt.
Now THAT, my good friend, is the standard of conduct we value here on the Politically Incorrect thread! My hat is off to you sir!
You are Chairman of the week!

I think that is something we should do here in our little corner of the forum. We will reward individual achievement by a member who shows dedication to our principles of conduct. We value these admirable qualities. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, free drink if you :shock: can identify what you are looking at.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Broken femur?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And, …

Plus, be more specific.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Drink of choice should you qualify?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:22 pm And, …

Plus, be more specific.
Left. Maybe broken, dislocated knee.
I ain't a doctor. Don't play one on TV either. :D

Hmmmm......
It's winter, so it's bourbon season at OldWin's.
If I'm being ritzy, Jack Daniel's single barrel. That's OW ritzy. :D
Normally, I like JD rye, regular JD, Gentlemen Jack, and Jim Beam black.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Close enough since you never played a doc on TV. Compound fracture of the femur with a fracture of the tibial plateau and ACL/PCL injury. Single Barrel it is. Give me the name of your local pub or come to Cali 😊

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 pm Close enough since you never played a doc on TV. Compound fracture of the femur with a fracture of the tibial plateau and ACL/PCL injury. Single Barrel it is. Give me the name of your local pub or come to Cali 😊
Hahahaha not bad! Of course, I don't understand a thing you wrote. :D
I promise, if I EVER get out there. I WILL look you up and collect that drink.
I'll buy you one too. But something tells me your taste is more than this old hick can afford. 😁
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nine years forward, the body’s ability to heal and reconstruct. Of course, I did all the rehab.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Impressive to say the least.
Hey! Cool old console TV. Ah, the good old days! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

1983 TV

2021 leg

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I had one in my gun room from 1985. I just stopped using it a few years ago. Just wasn't compatible anymore. Still worked fine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Is that "public" hair at the bottom of the picture? If it is, how did you get a picture of me?

Fred....you use big words.....looks to me like a broken leg that got mangled. Sure looks California smooth now...healed well.

I see you use closed captions too.....if mine ain't on I don't know what they are saying....I read it. I even have wireless headphones and I still can't understand what they are saying.....I prefer it that way, plus it's good practice when I get hollared at 20 times a day.

Here's a question...if a man speaks in the forest and no one else is around to hear it, is he still wrong?
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Sixgun....yea, he's wrong....always...

Birdman of Leverguns....
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Jackster, retirement, wouldn’t know, 74, not retiring. Investigating some work that women have directed me to involving hypertonic muscle release of muscles in certain layers primarily in the hip girdle, shoulder girdle, torso using trigger point, sensory integration and light touch therapy on muscles at the origin, insertion and belly of the muscles that begin to tie up in the early mid forties changing posture, range of motion and weight distribution then often affecting nerves in spinal degeneration areas. Not to be ignored is the use of guided motion in the hips and cervical spine to normalize that motion. Imperative is proper upper cervical function prior to beginning this other work. There are maybe 80+ cases involved, a few with some dancers I have worked with. Most common comment as I explain this is “Well, it works.”. And, of course we want to dissipate stress in the neuromusculoskeletal systems. And that is it in a nutshell without getting into specifics or neurotransmitter releases involved.

Is that clear? ;-)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have tried that "sensory integration and light touch therapy on muscles at the origin" usually ends up with me getting slapped..... :shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You probably need to be licensed and have at least implied consent.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

How did you damage both anterior and postier cruciate ligaments? Or was that from the car accident?

People don't get how complex the body is, muscle work is one thing my chiropractor buddy does a lot of. I've learnt some about the trigger points and use them often. Last week the electrician was complaining about carpel tunnel. I said here let me show you sumpthin and proceeded to hit the trigger point on his forearm, pressure for a minute and HEY that feels good!
I even bought a Body Clock Stim Plus pin point stimulation , I use it all the time. Heck even use it on the dogs, Claro has a chronic muscle inflammation in her back.

DIBS on the new Colt ! ( ok so now I get it right? )
I kinda figured Pop was going with ya, still the precautions go a long way. Sure there are times I don't wear my bucket but any time felling trees it's on! Always my chaps. Besides the chaps keep ya warmer and prevent personal perforations when working around prickly plants like we have around here... Being Kevlar strands in the chaps I guess they are somewhat bullet resist as well! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Gunny! Wait a minute.
You were sounding like a hippie there at first.
If you're a hippie......well, then you ain't gettin my Colt! :D

Reminds me.....
My son calls his wife a hippie. She is the sweetest thing you ever saw. She likes hippie kind of stuff, I guess.
Of course, she also blows ducks by the dozen out of the sky with her Benelli, so....... :D

Hey,
Six changed out "buddy pic".
That's ok. Don't want folks thinking we're a "couple"
The new one is a great pic!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Me a commie f@& hippy?! If i was would I be blowing birds outta da sky? Sitting in my ground blind with my Benelli M1Super90 loaded with 3" 00 buckshot waiting for Bambi, his dad or his mother to walk by? Would i own 5 chainsaws? Drive 2 diesel trucks? Hmmm... would i ?
Oh and im in my blind right now- here Bambi, here boy i got a new grinder that needs to meet you! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though I take chainsaw safety to heart.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I do get the Colt right?
besides i called dibs
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Only OW and OS have 4 3/4” Colts, can that be right???

Zip lining in Hawaii.