Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow Jay, you're a 49er..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:54 pm Wow Jay, you're a 49er..... :D
Well! Look at me go!
I just gotta get through tonight, and I'm back out for the week.
I want to get out and try that Colt. I did order a holster from Bob Mernickle last night. Hopefully will have it for hunting season.
I have to get up to the lot too. Have a lot of work to do before the season starts. I'm hopeful that being on this shift I can get some bird hunting in come October. I love bird season here. I'm just so busy getting ready for winter, I never get to go as much as I'd like. It's the most enjoyable hunting here in Maine. Maybe I'll get to try out that Parker 20ga.! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....you telling me you have had that COLT for a week or so and have not shot it? Don't get it...stumped.....sheeeeeettt....I would have been testing it out in road signs on the way home from the gunshop.....at least a few 1 gr. Bullseye loads in the basement.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I'm losing it. It was hot last week I barely went out. Years ago, that wouldn't have stopped me! :D
Cooler now. I will definitely shoot it this week.

I hear you buddy. Nothing sadder than seeing some nice old feller who spent a lifetime building a nice collection get fleeced out of by some dirt bag.
Or even kids and grandkids sell em off like it's meaningless to go buy a hottub. Sickening. I'm pretty sure my kids won't do that. I won't hold em all till I'm dead. I will filter them out to them when I'm older.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Did I hear somebody say BIRD HUNTING???!!! If I could get away I'd join ya! I haven't seen a grouse here since the late '80s. The last one I saw was stupid enough to flush while we were doing a deer drive. Poor thing caught a load of 4 buck from my 870. Wasn't enough left to clean!
Hurry up and find some money OW. that way you, me & Tom can meet there in Sixland and take turns wearing that special coat!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

See......getting interesting already isn't it?
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

While shooting today my phone scanner lite up, something about a shooting down there near Philly, you hear anything about it? So much for the city of brotherly love eh?

Well IF I had a suitcase full of cash I'd certainly come on down!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah! Sadly, I'd leave the whole suitcase there too!

I can't imagine a world without partridge Gunny. Come on up!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wish I could have followed Sixgun's collecting habits when I was younger but because of the stupid gun laws in the UK it is more difficult to build a decent sized collection. Usually when I see a shooter I can't live without I have to sell one I can't live without to buy it... :evil: I have had so many guns pass through my hands over the years, some would be highly desirable today but alas they they had to go or I would have gone mad jumping through all the hoops the police put in my way.
I never really bothered about the monetary value, it was the usefulness that was my main reason for acquiring so many different guns, it's only now that I not only miss the guns but the collateral I would have had. Still if I'd kept them all Jack's collection would still put mine in the shade... :D

Talking of BIRD HUNTING the local gamekeeper has just released a few thousand Pheasant poults, darn things are everywhere, haven't seen any Partridges though.
A guy who bought a neighboring property is going to dig a new pond so I'm hoping a few more ducks will fly over during the season, usually don't see any till the close season.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I think I missed a post somewhere? Whats this about 86's and people selling stuff?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 pm I think I missed a post somewhere? Whats this about 86's and people selling stuff?
Well if ya would step out of Womelsdorf once in a while you might have seen that post! :lol: Heck ya didn't even come see me yesterday while I was in Bernville- oh yeah that's right I didn't tell ya! :lol: ( was a last minute decision)

Good thing those poults aren't around here, the girls would be going nuts! Not to mention all of them being brought back covered in drool!!!

If I can swing it I'll be there with my 28 ga and a bunch of ammo!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, better late than never. I built my gunroom 20 years ago. I wired the big closet for a light and put a switch on the wall outside all ready to go.
I put the light in today!
Was going to go shoot my Colt but it started pouring. Tomorrow is supposed to be good so I will try again. Man, the weather sucks this summer.

Well, it's getting to be that time. Start deciding what rifles I will use this hunting season. Never an easy choice. Probably nothing too exotic. Most likely a 94 carbine or rifle. May keep my Ruger GSR as a backup too.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 pm I think I missed a post somewhere? Whats this about 86's and people selling stuff?
Easy.........i have an 90% ex lightweight with an original rare Lyman sight SOLD for $4500 but as I don't need money and the business who wants to buy it is only a business and not a buddy buddy I'd told them I'd let him know when I was ready. It's a $5500 gun "any day of the week" which means the money can be recuperated instantly.

Go look online and see the junk that 3K will buy you.

Come over here with the same amount and you can gleefully drive home.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff left a message on my machine and is going to stop over...gotta call him back after the back pasture is cut....BIG rainfall coming soon.

Birdman of Leverguns.

Tom.......pictures only stay up for a day so it pays to stay tuned.....sold my cartridge collection for enough money to buy a nice used Jeep....

Lots of loot out there and how's the time to sell.......

Ooooohhhhh .....waltzing around the yard with pocket loads of Ben's.....Im trying to get enough so I can wrap up with large rubber bands to use as paperweights for the loot that's coming in.....

Rossi's and other junk need not apply.....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Ida loved to have that ELW 86. :mrgreen:
Always wanted one of those.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep rain here too. But I danced around the drops and got the last ton of pellets to their new home. I wasn't going to do them today until I watched the weather, rain & wind for 2 days- truck in the garage for hurricane/ tropical storm & blizzards !

Heck I didn't see the pictures of the 86 either!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Here's that '86.... :D
Last edited by Jay Bird on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Here...better
Last edited by Jay Bird on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Absolutely beautiful man! Holy smokes!
You got good stuff for sure buddy. It's had a good home.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jayster! Shoot the Colt yet? On a serious note Colts are not target guns so I'm guessing 3-4" at 25. Unless I tailor the bullets for the throats that's about what I get...about 3". Funny thing though, believe I have 4 of those in 38-40 and everyone is a 2" gun, even the first gen.

Mike the throats yet?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Tomorrow morning buddy. Was going today but it started pouring again. Weather sucks!
Yeah. I think my 357 shoots better than my other 45.
I have gotten the best accuracy from 38-40 across a bunch of guns when compared to any of the other old cartridges. It is less fussy too.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That 86 is a beauty! But look at the case colors on the left! Is that a museum piece 73?
You got that right, swell up like a left wing brain and become completely useless.

So Griff is finally coming to pick up those logs, about time :D .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I got out with the new Colt.....finally.
I took my 2nd gen .357 along with a box of 38s to limber up with. I haven't fired a shot since there was snow on the ground. :shock:
I was some rusty boys! That 5.5" 357 is some sweet with light 38s.
After I finished those, I loaded up the new 45 with some of my cast Lyman 454190s and 8gr of Unique. Wow! I hadn't fired a 45 Colt in a while. After those mouse fanny burp 38s, that was a handful! The first couple cylinders were pretty scary, but I settled down some and shot this cluster. Had a couple shanks, but I see promise. Point of aim was the bottom of the circle. This was only 15 yards, so don't get too excited. The trigger is also a little stiff, and I don't do well with handguns with heavy triggers.
I also shot a trial load I'd had for a while. It had a 230gr plated bullet for the 45acp over 8gr of Unique. It worked great actually.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ha! I'd be lucky to shoot that group at 7 yards, im a terrible pistol shooter! I just don't spend enough time with one. The ammo/component shortages have kept me from shooting much rifle & pistol. Not for lack of ammo but because I dont want to burn up what I can't replace easily.

Was just out in the yard on safari! Stalking the dreaded lantern flies. Was shooting them with my Bug-a-salt gun. Another chink import. These bugs are going to wipe out fruit trees by the thousands then other trees.Hey Six ya got a garden gun? I think 22 shotshells would be great fun killing these!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

New gun and a stiff load.....yep..8 grains of unique and a big bullet will thump......and wander a bit because of the nerves. Stick some .454 200 gr. semi wadcutters with 6 of Bullseye for a pleasant afternoon.

My all time favorite load for the 45 Long Colt, 38-40, 44-40, 44 Mag., and the 44 Spl. is 6 grains of Bullseye and a standard weight bullet. 7 grains of 231 will do the same....rifle or revolver.

The military used 6 grains of Bullseye and a 250 grain bullet in the 45 Long Colt after they went to smokeless....the load is printed on the boxes I had up until last week. Any other heavier load is is for a specific use.

Griff is gonna stop over in a couple of weeks for some cap busting. Think I'll show him what a .223 in a stock AR will do out to 500 meters.

Rain/hurricane is a coming......low pressures are here....my 90% deaf left ear is ringing like a million adult crickets. ----00
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...that target..looks familiar....from my stash? I remember I used up several containers of large capacity primer ink from the company right before I retired...like 2 reams of paper...screw em.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'll have to try those loads. I've never used Bullseye. Yup.....thats right. Never. I don't even have any. I may have a tiny bit of 231 though. I will have to check.

Haha no. I just do the same thing you did. I make them at work. Keep the master, then make copies. I have many different styles for different sights and different ranges. I wouldn't normally have used this today. I was just handy so I grabbed it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny those .22 shotshells work well out of a smooth bore barrel, Shirley had a Webley .22 garden gun and it was choked too.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes, I have had limited use of a garden gun, it was fun. Biggest downside is availability of shotshells here in my area., always hard to find. I have seen that Henry is now making a garden gun, if I got one then I'd have to find one of those old cracker traps and buy a box of Ritz!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I got a factory smoothbore choked 1894 Marlin 44-40 that I play with sometimes......thing will throw a very tight pattern at 15 yards which was the longest I ever tested it at.....

Off the subject ....in getting ready for this massive rainfall I put this plastic sliding board under the outlet from the pond....(long story, saves erosion) I set it down and almost immediately little fish jumped on the end and started swimming against the current....kinda like salmon.....these little fish were coming out of the creek on the downward side of the pond.....fast little buggers....they would swim as far as they could and just pooled up. I scooped up some and put them in a bucket to show mom then scooped up a mess more and threw em in the pond.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six here are some targets that were in one stack. I only ever loaded for the 45 Colt, never came across any of those Long Colt cases. The New Frontier was quite accurate in 45 Colt and 44 Special. These oddball ranges depended on where I was shooting testing loads. I used Green Dot and Red Dot as you see. Most shotgun powders worked fine. Hey you know those Rossi 92s are pretty strong. I bet mine would even handle those Long Colt loads but really I have only ever used the 45 Colt loads in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea Fred....Red Dot burns about the same as Bullseye....6 grains of Red Dot was another of my favorite loads for the 45 Long Colt. :D At one time I had maybe 30-40 pounds of Red Dot and Green Dot...sold it all for $5 a pound. At that time powder was maybe $12-$15 and beings I paid nothing for the powder it was all profit.

Your groups are very representive of standard factory velocities......AND they will kill a bear or elk.

Do you think there's a way I could get an autograph of a shootist? They know so much with all of that talk about handguns and Colts that could be made into a 44 magnum.....I could have had one....made by Colt. :D

Now you know why I'm about done.

https://www.levergunscommunity.org/view ... +44+magnum
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey that 44-40 smooth bore would be a great bunch of fun but just a bit too much for lantern flies!

Can't tell what your fish are, if you can get a pic of one in your hand maybe then I could tell ya.

Happy Birthday Pop!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sixgun
That has also been my experience. Colt really has slopped up the tolerances on their 3 rd gen 44's of any 44. You say the same for anything 45 too. About 10 years ago I bought this 3rd. Gen. 44-40 SAA. Took it home and fired 5 shots at 25 yards with a light load of Bullseye and a .430 bullet......usually an excellent load......and got a 10" group. I did not even try to figure that one out......took it back and took a $200 hit. The only way to get any kind of somewhat decent accuracy is to size for the cylinder throat and ignore the barrel.

Some discussion back there in 2014 with all the usual suspects.

I have a 3rd Gen 44 Special that is an excellent shooter 79 manufacture.

Btw, we can still go take a look at that 44 Mag Colt ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
I used to have an account at Hunt101 for all of my pictures but they changed hands.....I tried to sign back on but could not. There's a LOT of kick cool pictures on there but I can't access it.

There's even a pic of a Volcanic serial number 22 that I had here for a while.

Gunny......Piller told me they are blue gills a.k.a. Sunnys .....native to Pa...

We had 9/10"" of an inch last night.......this next batch of rain is gonna be huge...near fell outta bed....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I kind of figured they were probably sunnies but I didn't want to give you false info( aka FAKE NEWS) without a positive ID. :lol:

Not a lot of rain here yet, I have a feeling its not going to be as bad here as farther west & north.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...went outside to do some final weed whacking.....finished and it started to rain...say..10 minutes ago......by da time I gots to da crib I's be all wet....

Does dat make me a Mexican cause my backs wet?

Stirred up the pond with my invention.......in an hour there will be a massive small river and will take that stirred up dirt over to my in laws and save me back hoe bills.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Mechanic calls me, can you please stop in? We need to discuss what has to be replaced. So I run to see him.
Steering knuckles, tie rod ends, upper & lower ball joints... probably going to be 3 grand by all is said and done :shock:
Well that is really going to put a HUGE dent into my gun fund, thats almost half of what I'm wanting to buy next!

Still not much rain here, radar shows the gun club is getting pounded, sure hope the sump pump is working ( the bunker is known to get wet!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Does it still drive? Buy the gun.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The Knuckles? What can be wrong with those? You have to cut them off the axle and weld new ones on if you have a solid axle front end.
Unless you mean the u-joints?

Man! That's a lot of coin buddy.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not a solid front axle, the rust is so bad that they are so scaled up the rust its coming off in chunks. He is afraid that the ball joints and the knuckles are either seized together or the knuckles might buckle when pressing out the ball joints.
I can't complain, I haven't spent more than about 2000 bucks on it for maintenance since I got the truck.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I call that "Pelosi Happens".....if this makes you feel any better.....

In July I noticed mom's Jeep was dragging brakes.....30K miles.....front and rear..........I was 30 miles from home and drove home on smoking brakes and as long as I kept the Jeep moving along it was somewhat OK....if I stopped at a light I needed low gear before I could get it 20 mph....got it fixed....all new from the stainless brake lining on out.....

A week later I'm in Kenner Sq. with my Rubi.....same thing but not as bad.....had that fixed and it was only the rubber lines as I didn't smoke em as bad as I did the other....can't complain...first time either was in the shop on something I couldn't or wouldn't do.

Front end work is for guys like Jay and other professionals who have the know how and the confidence.....I put the suspension lift kits on both my Jeeps and I'll never do it again.

Back to fun...raining like CRAZY......solid........downstairs still organizing after the big sell off.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:06 pm Does it still drive? Buy the gun.
I'm going to try and do BOTH, gotta get new sneakers for it by the time the snow flies!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:58 pm Not a solid front axle, the rust is so bad that they are so scaled up the rust its coming off in chunks. He is afraid that the ball joints and the knuckles are either seized together or the knuckles might buckle when pressing out the ball joints.
I can't complain, I haven't spent more than about 2000 bucks on it for maintenance since I got the truck.
Oh OK bud. I changed those once on a 2001 Chevy pickup
my middle kid had. Of course, by the time I was done taking off worn out parts, the frame horns and center section were the only thing left. I was quite awhile in the hottest part of summer doing it. Put a lift and bigger tires on it. He drove it a couple months and sold it.
That was the last time I did that kind of wrenching on his vehicles. :D

P.S.
Those riveted in GM ball joints are NOT fun to remove.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats exactly why I'm paying someone! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Power stayed on- that's a first! No Idea how much rain, I'd bet 4-5". 56 F here. How did ya make out Six?
I see NYC is underwater, subways flooded- that is going to send tons of garbage into the river to the bay, no fishing this weekend!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Raining here and about the same temp as you Gunny.
Gave the old Harley a bath yesterday and took a quick 100 mile ride. It was a little cool but nice riding. Very few bugs this time of year.
Of course, one of them had to be a yellow jacket that went up my sleeve. Least he only got me once before I managed to mash the little demon. Seems like this happens about once a year. Part of the charm......I guess.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yellow jackets get downright crabby, nasty & mean this time of year!

Town not far from here is underwater, police department is using the P.A. systems saying ' you can't get out of town stay in your house'
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Gunny....as of 1 a.m. I went out da doe ant check de rain gauge.....4.2".....and dat included rain we got early in da morning befoe da sun comes ups.

The telephone poles around the pond held tight...in the spring I used high tensile fence wire and wired them to the ground and each other to form a non escapable float session.

Except for simple stuff I'm done turning wrenches. Forgot how many motors/trans I yanked out just to survive. In Jays Jeepin' game he needs to stay with it but Jay has the advanced knowledge, tools, and mechanical know how......this modern stuff has me lost.

Where's Old Savage? I'm on a roll and I mean I got a roll big enough to choke a whale.....got to slow down ...word is out I decided to sell off a little. I'm very particular who I let around here.....

Oh well.....think I'll head up to the Kubota dealer for 6 different kinds of filters, hydraulic oil, engine oil, gear oil, extra mower belt ($120)....probably drop 5 Ben's just for maintenance.....and then turn some wrenches.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nice day for tractor maintenance- not gonna be sweating!

About the same rainfall, boss man said 4.75 inches in his gauge.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!