Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......bored

Post by GunnyMack »

YES PAGE 10!!! I WIN I WIN I WIN- GIMME THE LOOT!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Alright, alright...YOU WIN! Here's your prize.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Met with the guy from Servpro yesterday. They will do the cleanup, supply dehumidifier and do mole remediation, pipe was leaking quite awhile! Sure hope to get water turned back on today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nothing worse than water leaks. Glad it's on the mend Gunny.
Monday morning last week, I got outta work and my wife calls and says we got no water. I think, "oh oh". She had run down cellar and checked the feed. Everything looked OK. A little checking and we found out the WHOLE TOWN had no water. When I got back in town I saw trucks down by the pumping station. Seems the main feed froze and broke. Bet that was a mess. Glad I wasn't working on that in the cold. They had water back in about an hour though. Sure glad.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

There are advantages to having your own well !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There sure is buddy. All the houses in my area have points in the cellar. Most aren't used, however.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got out and shot that 3" 629 this morning. It shot great (never had a Smith that didn't). Recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Especially seeing as it was 10 degrees with the wind blowing. Needless to say, I wasn't messing around taking pictures. :D
One concern was alleviated. I noticed the sight was cranked to the right quite a bit, and I was concerned about barrel clocking. The dude must have been a flincher, cause I ended up moving it right back to center at 15 yards.
In the interest of nostalgia, I took a 20rnd box of Remington (that I've reloaded many times) that was the first box of 44 magnum my dad bought me when he bought my 6" 629 for my graduation.
Got to get a nice holster now.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So you did buy that 3incher!! Good for you bud :D .

Well we had a small set back getting the new water lines done , had to get a drill extension to get a hole through the box beam. After that though it was easy to get the pex lines taped to a snake and pull em through. Plumber coming tomorrow to hook everything up. Servpro will be here tomorrow to start the cleanup.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I did. Hated to spend the cash but feel a little better now that I've shot it. And saw what they are selling for. :shock:

PEX is a gift from God. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Holy cow!- just look at prices for 629s on guns international- well over a GRAND!! double what I paid for mine.
Yeah, pex is great stuff for sure!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Check this out. It SOLD. https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gunbroker.com%2Fitem%2F893097789
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Linkee no workee
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

What ya expect from an old hick?
Anyway, 3" round butt 629 sold for 2300 bucks. :shock:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Closest I can come is a 2.5" 686. Nice chunk of steel.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:07 pm Closest I can come is a 2.5" 686. Nice chunk of steel.
I wanted a 4" 686 when I found the 629.
Don't know why I never got a 686. I have a 66.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My 66 is a 4". The 629 is a 6". Yeah I saw some of those cased/boxed guns, few others and the crazy prices. Even saw a 629 with a 2.625 can anyone say MUZZLE BLAST ! :shock:

Looking at those prices again, I see all but the short gun have fluted cylinders, my 6" is un fluted, were these the Hunter models...? Gotta grab my bluebook and look to see models & uninflated prices are.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Same here.
A 4" 66 and a 6" 629. Have a 2.75" round butt 19, also.
Yes, my 3" 629 is unfluted. From what I understand, these are Hunter models, and the first to get the endurance package.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

So you got this 629...shoot the fattest 200 gr you have with a mid range load of Unique or Herco...you'll love it.

Some guy paid 2300? ...for a modern Smith?....I'm getting excited with all this talk on big bore snubbies...I'm going down to get the Tunnel Rat....----000000000000000006
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I tell ya man, I was really shocked how shootable it was. I had a 240gr XTP over 22gr of 4227. In a rifle it's hovers right around 1500 or a hair under.
Yup. Smith's gone crazy. I hate it ,cause I like em and if they were 300 bucks like they used to be, I could have more.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya bro......is there a specific reason you bought the gun?
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster,
Here's the velocity records from my 2.5" Tunnel Rat....you lose A LOT wit da show barrel. (With the short barrel) to the best of my knowledge this is the only fixed sight 44 Magnum 629 put out by Smith....(they made a handful of these guns, Back when I was connected Jeff Croze of Smith hand picked this from the S&W vault just for me.....I felt soooo proud when he handed it to me. While,I was there, he ripped of the sideplate and did an action job for me and in addition he gave me an extra hammer setup to bob which I did. Double action is like a Python and single action it may be one pound.....ebony magna grips with pre war nickel silver medallions sets it off nicely.......my log shows 647 rds out of it.

Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have a 4 inch 29 and a 4 inch 19. I had a 4 inch 66 for years but my brother had given it to me as a Christmas present 25 years ago and a couple years ago he was moaning and groaning that he wanted a 66. It had been the first duty gun he had ever been issued, sooo I gave it back to him.! I really miss that gun.’*** *** sniff sniff
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Only had the opportunity one time to fire a 2.5" 44 Mag, surprisingly easy to handle.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:43 pm I hear ya bro......is there a specific reason you bought the gun?
Hey buddy.
I like the gun. Figure it will be good to carry fishing or when I carry my little 44 rifle (which I do a fair amount).
While the scarcity and value is good, I will not let it just sit in a box.
That tunnel rat is really cool! I'd never even heard of them. It pays to know people! Cool story on how you got it. There is more money and opportunity down there. Up here is pretty depressed haha.
I see you got 1000fps out of that. That is plenty. Once I don't have to stand on a patch of ice and shoot into a snowbank, I will chrono my load to see where it is. If I can get 900 or 950 I'll be good. I am much more concerned about how it shoots. I would drop to a 200gr but hate to have to use a different load for one gun. May end up there anyway. You never know, and that's part of the fun. I do like XTPs though.
Again, you got some beautiful stuff, my friend. I'm not jealous or resentful like some people get. You earned every one of them with hard work and planning. Many people today only want the prize. They got no interest in playing and winning the game.
Rock on, buddy!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You guys are causing me to drag out my 44s and go play! I gotta see what bullets I have on hand. I always wanted to try one of those 240 semi jacket Remington bullets on game but never had the chance. I tried them in my muzzle loader but I found sabots a pita to load.
My 44 Deer Stalker likes XTPs, I used a 300 on the 1 and only pig I've shot. Went through a 300+ lbs hog, expanded to about .75. Pig walked around 10 yards and flopped over. Mmmm bacon. After it fell i realized my carbine stove piped- thankfully I didn't need another!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've always liked the XTP. They shoot well in all my guns and perform really well IMO. I used to use the 200gr version in 44-40s that could take jacketed bullets. Shot a couple deer with them. I was impressed with the performance.
I find the people who don't like them try and drive them too fast.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I use XTP bullets in my .480 and my .44 Mag. Just my experience, but the 240 grain .44 Mag out of a Ruger carbine work well with a reasonable load of H110. Cycling the action requires enough gas pressure. Winchester White Box 240 grain JSP work well out of the carbine, too. The low flash loadings are not reliable in cycling the action for me. The XTP bullets do fine out of a pistol caliber carbine. Like most things, keeping the use within designed limits is most effective. The few pigs that have had an XTP bullet used on them out of my gun were not able to fight back.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Best wild pig I ever had was shot with a 44 Carbine. He was living in a vineyard eating grapes.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just checked on the price if a Win 92 ... $1105. No need Six will be sending that primo genuine 32-20. Oh wait I already have that 44 Mag B92.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am Just checked on the price if a Win 92 ... $1105. No need Six will be sending that primo genuine 32-20. Oh wait I already have that 44 Mag B92.
I have a Browning 92 in 44 also. I will say, it shoots and functions great. Nice carbine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Those '92 Brownings are top notch guns. Have no idea why they cancelled them.........most people don't know the difference between quality and junk so they save money by going after the junk guns and they get what they deserve....junk.....

You right Jay..thank you......it's been an interesting voyage, working on it every day for over 40 years......for every one I show off there's 3-5 that went down the road........perfect storm...knowledge, right place in the right part of the country, at the right time and it all came together. As I was collecting the old heads who had this stuff were dying off and there I was, to scoooooooooopppp em up.

I still think about the stuff I could have had...like that military Henry complete with sling.....or that full 100% factory engraved Triplelock Target.........or some of the stuff that came out of the Colt vault that was waaayyy over my head in value....the Calvary 1873's, the prototype 1911's....ahhhhh, I'm disgusted now thinking about it....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Say.....15 years ago I was looking in a farm magazine that advertised auctions and in the entire auction of tractors, tools, baking equipment, junk..junk...junk were three guns.....two Stevens shotguns and a smoothbore model 61 Winchester......I drove 75 miles and sat through an entire day of auctioning waiting for the model 61 to go off...it was a nice gun...probably 90%.....

Problem was there were about a dozen other people after the same gun and I didn't even get a chance to raise my hand before the hammer dropped at 15.... :D
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Auctions around here end up going for more than blue book value.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Piller...it happens a lot that way...more than what they are worth...but the main reason is no paperwork is required which brings in the weirdo's. There's no law that says guns being sold at an otherwise farm and implement auction need to be sold through a dealer....

I've been to many many estate auctions where household items were being sold and a few guns were thrown in....cash and carry. .......the way it should be.

A few years back there were no laws (or they didn't bother) that said auctioneers needed an ffl if the entire load of guns came from one collection......we had a great time at those auctions until an ex buddy of mine who is an ffl guy complained to the state police about it. He was mad because he wasn't needed for the $35 each gun brought for the transfer/background check fee.
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You wanna see somethin' funny?
6 toad me to looks uppy somethin'. He says he was playing around on the net looky up Lizzy Borden and how she gave her mother foty whacks and when she saw what she had done she gave her father foty one way backs in 1892. :D he axed me to post dees.

Here's da picky of the exact axe that good ole Lizzy used.

Hers da axe ole 6 uses. He says he paint it yellow 'cause he oways lose tings.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The yellow was just to hide the stains. Didn't she hide it down the outhouse?
D. Brian Casady
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Don't know Piller. 6 toad me he found da axe ober his daddies. He used to collect old axes and hatchets
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay Bird wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Don't know Piller. 6 toad me he found da axe ober his daddies. He used to collect old axes and hatchets
Look here you retart. It ain't none of your business where I got the axe........so don't axe me again!
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I remember there was a movie about Lizzy Borden, was on tv years ago. There has been a few of those history of type shows since. Musta been a liberal- as they don't take responsibility of their actions.

Glad I'm not down south, man they have been slammed with serve storms. Sure hope everyone heeds the warnings!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, Amadeo Rossi's birthday is May 15. We can have a big celebration ;-)

PS if you are going to add one to your collection I would suggest the 357 Trapper as pictured below..

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lizzy's parents were apparently into drugs. They got whacked!
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...hey....hey....DONT YOU BAD MOUTH MY ROSSI'S. It makes perfect sense to buy Rossi's. Look at all the money you can save with their low purchase prices ......it will give you more money for tangible assets like golf clubs, gasoline, tennis rackets and intangible quality fun like going out to eat, insurance bills, taxes, power windows in your Lexus, peep shows, dark web surfing, etc......

The only thing you have to do with a Rossi after buying it is to keep it in the box and don't work the action! If you want something to actually shoot, buy a pre war Winchester.

Ain't this a beauty???!!!

Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well it has come to this. The only thing that makes sense is for Sixgun to acquire a Rossi and put it through its paces. A real hands on Sixer performance test. Otherwise some will just at take his view as conjecture and they will likely suggest it is influenced by his Winchester affinity.

Again I suggest the 357 Trapper. And I of course am volunteering to run tests on one of his promo 92.32-20s.

But, my Rossis have been fine.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:51 pm Well it has come to this. The only thing that makes sense is for Sixgun to acquire a Rossi and put it through its paces. A real hands on Sixer performance test. Otherwise some will just at take his view as conjecture and they will likely suggest it is influenced by his Winchester affinity.

Again I suggest the 357 Trapper. And I of course am volunteering to run tests on one of his promo 92.32-20s.

But, my Rossis have been fine.
Winchester can barely hang on except for foreign JapChesters.
Marlin couldn't make it.
Colt couldn't make it.
Rossi going strong for over 115 years.
If you want to sell something to The Unwashed Masses :P it has to be affordable, and of dependable quality.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just to play devils advocate-
I'm sure Rossi , just like everyone else has had something leave the factory wrong, out of spec, missing screws etc. Heck look at the recalls for just about every gunmaker out there.

Well insurance adjuster was here today, he took the claim, said he was good with the repairs we did, says he was going to cut a check as soon as Servpro get him the bill.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Whether folks shoot Winchesters, Marlins or any other brand of Lever Action rifle I'm just pleased they chose Lever Actions. :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The only problem Winchester, Marlin, and Colt.....oh wait..
and Savage, and H&R, and Remington, and every other American gun company had was trying to do business in America while employing American workers, paying American taxes, and fighting off American lawsuits.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hate to break the news to you all but some people are not qualified to make certain decisions......like, there's no way I could suggest the proper maneuver to fix that kinked back or whether a certain flu shot is OK to take in Pennsylvania.... no way I could suggest someone on the proper hold of a Skeet shotgun.....no way I could suggest the proper end stock to use on a lathe and there's no way I could suggest the proper peep show or grease pit to go to.

Targetmaster, where I've spent a quarter of my life at is the largest gunshop in Delaware county...according to the ATF, they sell more guns than the other 20 gun shops in Delaware County combined.

The owner, whom my wife and I grew up with has told me many times in the back room/office, (where the real deals happen) that he will not sell Rossi's, Ubertis, Sterlings, Bersa's and other cheap junk for TWO reasons.....cheap junk brings in the "?!"'-/* that chases away the paying /@$'': and from past experience, every other new "junk" gun he sells comes back from the customer. He says he would need a full time clerk just to deal with the customer returns and the $10 profit he makes on them is not worth it.

Kel Tec is the lowest he will go as he says their reliability is excellent but the resell value is about with a Rossi.

A gun is not like buying a screwdriver or a fly trap.....a gun HAS to work and HAS to be safe.

It's none of my business what anyone buys....I'm just putting out excellent, proven and, knowledgeable experience. Just look at the posts right here and see what buyers complain about.....junk is junk and always will be junk-----Elmer Keith
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

OldWin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 pm The only problem Winchester, Marlin, and Colt.....oh wait..
and Savage, and H&R, and Remington, and every other American gun company had was trying to do business in America while employing American workers, paying American taxes, and fighting off American lawsuits.
Not really buying it. There is also Ruger, Savage, S&W, Kimber, and Glock and a couple others that don't spring to mind being run in a modern fashion. I'm willing to be corrected, but I don't think Winchesters have been made in the USA for a long time? Remington pulled through bankruptcy, and hopeful Marlin will survive.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tom,
Yo.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s