HAM radio operators may become heroes...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

HAM radio operators may become heroes...

Post by AJMD429 »

Information is the key and we can see censorship coming hard and fast.

Realize ANY internet communication is easily monitored and shut down, as the infrastructure is so huge and regulated.

ANY digital communication is two-way due to handshaking signals, and that makes recipients vulnerable to attack.

Nearly all video, and most audio, is now transmitted digitally, but there are analog AM and FM and shortwave radios still.

The Europeans relied on remote transmitters to play tape loops long enough to get messages out before authorities found them and destroyed them. Of course modern technology could probably find and neutralize them in minutes instead of hours, but if anyone would know how to keep the citizens informed, it would be the HAMs.

Sad to think we are at that point, but then it’s sad to think we can all see hidden ballots brought out and triple-counted after the office was closed, and NONE of the legislatures or governors or courts gave it a second thought...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper
Location: Across the pond but visible from a tall tree in Maine.

Re: HAM radio operators may become heroes...

Post by gamekeeper »

Coming soon to a town near you.
i072542.jpg
Nazi radio detection vehicle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like how they have that two color sighting in mark on the side. Knowing the size of the mark would help you adjust to put a nice hole in the driver's head. As an act of war, it would never ever bother me to kill an enemy soldier.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I love morse code, even though I am Way out of practice. I once knew semaphore morse and chatted with neighbor kid from our roof tops. That is a very secure setup. helio graphs are good too, but someone could video the feed and slow it down enough to decipher. so One Time Pads and prearranged keys. if we're up against an emp event, then the digital decoders are busted too. so much the better. I'm ready to hook up my key in the car and practice some car horn morse code.

remember the scene from independence day, the fake morse code scene? fooled the aliens though
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

gamekeeper wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 pm
Coming soon to a town near you.
i072542.jpg
Nazi radio detection vehicle.
it would be trivial to trap it and kill it with a few mobile units. now is the time to collect vacuum tubes so we can build transmitters. they will still function after the emp drop. I have a "boat anchor" receiver that has no transistors in it. all analog. and a good coffee cup warmer..
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I haven't had any sort of 2 way radio since CB started disgusting me a long, long time ago.
Do you experts think a mobile 2 meter would be useful?
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.
----
An Olive Branch Should Only Be Offered Once. You Can Accept It, Or Stick It. :P
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

two meters is useful BUT it is now highly subject to infrastructure, repeater towers, to function. it is a ham band so you cannot legally use encryption, and if you did you would be pounced on. you also cannot legally use any form of code. although i think there is a way to use a one time pad system diffused into the small talk.

a maybe better option is using email that is encrypted, same as "military grade". and even better than that is to use whisper signal which runs on wifi and allows voice and video calls that are end to end encrypted. it's how our family keeps in touch, and the signals, over the air or ethernet are double encrypted because I use a vpn tunnel that encrypts everything that goes through it.

then, the alternative that i am interested is sending encrypted comms over the airwaves using pactor or some variation of it. that way i could send info, or chat, totally anonymously. still have to be mobile to keep the finders from getting zero...

ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE CONDITIONED ON THE EXISTENCE OF VIABLE INFRASTRUCTURE
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When the Demoncrats start the war, will it really matter if someone is using code?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Signal compressor and a microburst transmitter. :wink:
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.
----
An Olive Branch Should Only Be Offered Once. You Can Accept It, Or Stick It. :P
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:50 pm
I like how they have that two color sighting in mark on the side. Knowing the size of the mark would help you adjust to put a nice hole in the driver's head. As an act of war, it would never ever bother me to kill an enemy soldier.
Yes it would. For the rest of your days. But sometimes folks do things because others can't. You just live with it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad