WTB Pre war win 94 carbine barrel.

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

JordanWilliams
Levergunner

WTB Pre war win 94 carbine barrel.

Post by JordanWilliams »

Hi all, new member here. I am building a 1925 Winchester 94, the original barrel was badly worn and keyholed at 25 yards. I have a post war barrel on it, but I'm not satisfied with either the fact that the front sights are totally different as is the barrel band placement, and the sights are also askew compared to the ejector cut. Does anyone have a fixed front sight style, the pre 1930s type they are willing to sell?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WTB Pre war win 94 carbine barrel.

Post by OldWin »

While the roll marks are different also, another option is to cut the barrel and tube just behind the notch for the barrel band screw. Then put the band in the proper location and put the correct front sight on it. I have done this with good results. Ended up with a handy little carbine. Strange that the extractor notch is misaligned.
All that said, you can probably find a barrel. Especially in 30wcf.
Be nice.....it's more important than truth.
JordanWilliams
Levergunner

Re: WTB Pre war win 94 carbine barrel.

Post by JordanWilliams »

OldWin wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:55 pm
While the roll marks are different also, another option is to cut the barrel and tube just behind the notch for the barrel band screw. Then put the band in the proper location and put the correct front sight on it. I have done this with good results. Ended up with a handy little carbine. Strange that the extractor notch is misaligned.
All that said, you can probably find a barrel. Especially in 30wcf.
Yeah, I've been considering removing the current soldered on ramp sight, repolishing it, filling in the current notches, and then making a correct looking front sight. I have so far found one pre - war barrel in 30-30, which was on eBay and had some damage and a less than stellar bore.
But, I figured I would still throw out a WTB post.