Old Savage made me do it!!! Case knives

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Old Savage made me do it!!! Case knives

Post by CowboyTutt »

:D Sometimes you have to put the blame where it belongs!!! Some years ago, we were talking knives (again) and O.S., aka "The Ancient One" :P posted a picture of his Case knife. Fast forward many years, and here is my modest little collection of three of them.
Case Knives Pic .jpg
From left to right, the Kick Start in amber bone. It is an "assisted release" blade legal for sale in Commiefornia and works just great and is very sharp. It comes with a belt clip and in various handle finishes but this is the most desirable for most.

Next up is the XX Changer in amber bone. It comes with 3 different blades easily changed, this set with the gut hook. It also comes with a set with a fillet blade. I am going to buy that blade separately to add to my kit. This is the only blade of the 3 that comes with a sheath to hold the alternative blades, the others the leather sheath is an accessory.

Finally the "Hobo knife" which has a hunting blade and spoon and fork. The set detaches very easily into 3 parts so you can can have the fork, knife and spoon separate in your hands as God intended to eat food.

All in all, they are all really nicely made in the USA (no, not getting paid for this from Case!), I just thought they are well made and after playing around with some "over-seas" or Pakistani Damascus knives, these are much better made IMHO and I would highly recommend them to anyone if you don't already have one in your collection which I'm sure many of you do.

Thanks to Old Savage for his alerting me to this knife company. Regards O.S.! I think I will be seeing you in person soon! I have a Savage 22 Mag rifle coming soon that I think you will be able to shoot just fine. You can educate me then! And yes, I even have a scope for it!!! I must be getting old.....

-Tutt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Old Savage made me do it!!! Case knives

Post by Griff »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Old Savage made me do it!!! Case knives

Post by Old Savage »

Well Andy, glad you listened on something. I like the jigged bone. I have the Hobo on the right, always in my back pack. We have used the Hobo multiple times roughing it in a Westin, Hilton or Marriot cutting sausage and cheese to go with the wine ;-)

Here are my latest carrys, a Mini Copperlock and a Sod Buster Jr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...