Interesting 22 Mag Self-Defense Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Interesting 22 Mag Self-Defense Revolver

Post by CowboyTutt »

First off, need to thank Old Number 7 for introducing me to Standard Manufacturing. He might just cost me a lot of money though some day! While some of you may remember, I have taken an interest in the 22 Mag and awaiting taking my lil' Savage 93 BRJ home after all the stupid PPwork and wait time is over. Meanwhile, while surfing around, I found this at Standard Manufacturing and thought it was an interesting design. The generation 1 is even legal in Commiefornia. 2 barrels a time of 22 Mag is nothing to poke fun at.

https://stdgun.com/s333-thunderstruck-gen-ii/

Thanks O.N.7! You are terrible influence..... :lol:
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Interesting 22 Mag Self-Defense Revolver

Post by AJMD429 »

Look for reviews on it; I think it had a very dreadful review that put me off....

I may be thinking of another gun though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I think they had some problems with some types of ammo Doc. Not really thinking about it truly, but interesting idea. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

The guys over on InRangeTV ran one of those through it's paces and came to conclusion that it was the worst piece of junk that ever hit the market place! The two barrels would not shoot to the same point of aim! I think they crushed it and left it out in the desert of Arizona someplace. The only way it should be used for self defense is as a contact weapon! If you ever encounter one in person, run away just as fast as you can!
Just watched the episode, Gun shoots high and beyond 3 yds the rounds have a tendincy to keyhole! :roll:
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:02 pm Thanks O.N.7! You are terrible influence..... :lol:
Wow, sounds like you've been talking with the Ysabel Kid! (Jay; as he has acquired a number of items from me...)

Glad to be of service.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

For those who didn't go to the link (yet...)

It's not just a 2-barrel 22 Mag -- get this:

"The S333 Thunderstruck™ sets the standard for the ultimate in personal protection by simultaneously firing two rounds of .22 Win Mag with each pull of the trigger.
With four pulls of the trigger, eight rounds are fired in only three seconds
"

Yeah, that will work.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Two .22's equal One .44?
Not hardly.

Standard makes a beautiful single action. I have never understood why companies that can produce a work of art end up making zip guns. USFA did the same thing and went down the toilet.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The reviews I was referencing:

https://youtu.be/W00GADSueG4

https://youtu.be/zvLEoxBXcmU

Of course these are the guys who shattered my illusions about the "legendary" HK-VP70Z; I wished to have one back on the 1980's but now glad I got a Ruger P-85 instead (even though I sold that off).

https://youtu.be/zjhUUgxgVhc
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:07 am
CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:02 pm Thanks O.N.7! You are terrible influence..... :lol:
Wow, sounds like you've been talking with the Ysabel Kid! (Jay; as he has acquired a number of items from me...)

Glad to be of service.

Old No7
Darryl is the number one enabler on the forum. At least for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

In the tour video, the owner mentioned the cheaper guns sell in volume and keep the lights on.,not everybody can afford high end guns, as long as it keeps them in business, good on them.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I could see cheaper guns if they are utilitarian and are sold in high volume. This thing is too gimmicky, it’s not going to be a Wrangler, Glock, 870 Express, etc. I would rather pack a 5 shot 38 any day.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Man that ought to be the poster child for ugly , but seems like it would be affective. One round from a compact 45 ACP trumps a cylinder full of .22 mag .
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Ran into one of these today. Well built, originally designed by Freedom Arms I believe and well made. Not sure I want one but you guys have been terrible influence about things 22 mag recently!!! LOL :D :lol:

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22ms/

5 shot capacity, but very stiff single action. Needs a gunsmith badly. Lots of accessories for it though. Any recommendations for a gunsmith for one???

-Tutt

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

The link provided forces you to kiss their layers' butt before you enter the site. Quite a list of "we have never, ever heard of the word responsible".

That said, yeah, I can poke fun at two rounds of .22 mag for defense. Against rabbits? Naw, yer good. Carpetbaggers? Twenty-two mag out of that short little barrel? Good luck.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Good point, CS. Actually they had a Kimber revolver or 3 in 357 Mag or a CZ Auto in 40 that really caught my eye. Hopefully later in the year! I think I will stick to using a 22 mag in a rifle only. -Tutt

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I think the .22 mag can shine with a barrel of some length, but it needs some velocity to actually magnum.

Either Paco or Jim (can't recall which) relate a good story about using a .22 mag in an 8 3/8" Smith for critter control to excellent effect. It was Paco, I think.