"Inside an American Gun Factory" -- CT Shotgun, Galazan, Std Mfg

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Inside an American Gun Factory" -- CT Shotgun, Galazan, Std Mfg

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, check out this excellent video of "Inside an American Gun Factory" from TGS Outdoors. It features a tour of Connecticut Shotgun, Galazan and Standard Manufacturing (click here for link) and has some great footage.

I've visited their CT Showroom twice already; bought a nice used hard case for a SxS 20 gauge and "almost" put $$ down on one of their 20 gauge doubles. If I'd put down a deposit that day, I could have picked my own wood, been expertly measured and gotten a $500 discount. Ah well, I was too poor at that time to commit $2k to a nice double...

But I did fall in love with a beautiful handmade side-by-side double rifle in .22 rimfire that was about 80% scale versus a .30 caliber double rifle -- that one was really nice, but the price was as high as the quality.

Cheers!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Inside an American Gun Factory" -- CT Shotgun, Galazan, Std Mfg

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes that 22 double would be an awesome addition to anyone's collection, I would love to get one of their SxS slug guns but not sure I would be able to drag it through the woods deer hunting!
They make some very nice guns.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

So recently I was wondering who makes a very good SAA anymore? And I was watching this video you posted and was very impressed. Then I found this:

https://stdgun.com/single-action-revolv ... red-45-lc/

Oh my. I already have some projects in the works but...oh my. This could be trouble. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:38 pm Oh my. I already have some projects in the works but...oh my. This could be trouble. -Tutt
Gee, what do I say -- "Sorry?" or "Good Luck!" :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I would jump all over a quality custom fitted 20 double for $2000. I could probably sell my Huglu for half that and I can’t hit anything with that although it’s nice to look at
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Fascinating look at modern and old craftsmanship blended together, I was pleased to see the guy fitting ribs, he used the same method that I used at Westley Richards a lifetime ago....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.