Uberti 1885 replica .45-70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Uberti 1885 replica .45-70

Post by Walt »

I bought a Uberti replica 1885 .45-70 years ago. I have shot it with RCBS 405 gr round nose flat points going around 1400 fps at the local range (200 yard limit) a bit but I want to shoot it at longer distances. I don't recall seeing any of them shot at U-pick it Ranch so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Are they regarded as being of sufficient quality to shoot well out to 800 to 1000 yards?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti 1885 replica .45-70

Post by 2ndovc »

I've had mine out popping steel at 3-400 yds with no issues. The 24" gong got whacked pretty regularly.
This one is a .30-40 Krag. I have a custom Browning in .45-70 that I bought last winter that I'm still working with at 100 yds. but will start on longer ranges soon.

My last place I had 900 yds. from my rear deck to my back stop. I had a 7'x3' steel door that I could hit with my old Springfield Trapdoor and those are nowhere near as strong as your Uberti. :D

Have fun!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Re: Uberti 1885 replica .45-70

Post by Walt »

You have a beautiful rifle there, 2ndovc.

It's definitely a higher grade than mine with fine checkering on beautiful wood as well as double triggers. Thanks for the picture.