Eye sight going bad.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Eye sight going bad.

Post by Pitchy »

Got up the other day found that if if i look at the top edge of my computer screen with my right eye the screen is all dark nothing on it.
Going to see if i can find someone that can do a exam today. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Eye sight going bad.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's not good. Good luck Pitchy!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Lenn, let us know what you hear. Prayer up that the news is good
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Lenn, I'm praying that whatever it is it can be fixed real quick.. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

That's not good. Look for an ophthalmologist, not just an optometrist. Alejandra Bohorquez has been my ophthalmologist for a few years now. I get the feeling she cares about my vision and not just my wallet. Saw her yesterday for a checkup on my glaucoma. Things are going OK for now. Back in 2019 I dropped in thinking I needed new glasses, only to find out the medicine wasn't working anymore and my eye pressure was WAY out of line and now I was dealing with a damaged optic nerve. I pray they find what's the problem with your vision, Pitchy. Keep us in the loop. Eyesight is precious.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up Old Pard. The only good thing about this is the time We live in...I have had six eye operations . If I was born a generation earlier I'd be nearly blind right now. the Doctors can do wonders today. Good Luck.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Pitchy .. I had something similar happen when I was living in Mozambique. Got up at midnight New Years Eve to take photos of the fireworks and found I could not see through the viewfinder of the camera with my right eye. Worked OK with the left. Later I figured out that I had a dark area of my vision from just above center to nearly the top area of my vision.

When I got back to the States I visited an ophthalmologist who took photos of my eye .. retina .. etc. He showed me where a blood vessel in my eye had been blocked and had died ... thus the black area.

He said it was caused by a piece of plaque breaking loose and lodging in the vein in my eye, stopping the blood flow and killing that part of the vision of my right eye. He also said if it had gone the other way it would have stopped someplace in my brain.

Thankfully I still have the majority of vision in the right eye and can see the sights OK. Using a scope I have to look through it correctly or it blacks out .. but I have learned to compensate fairly well.

Here's hoping your problem ain't permanent.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys, i have a appointment with a local eye doctor today, i have no insurance but am a Vet so we`ll see what happens.
Will post later today. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Gee, I hope it's not too serious..........

I know my late father had a "detached retina" back in the 80s which they fixed up pretty quick and very successfully -- and I am sure the technology is even better today. He said it was like "Someone was drawing down a blind on that eye..."

Good luck Lenn! Prayers up!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

yup, praying for a healer and for healing and a good report . . . †
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Just got home, we it`s not any of the above mentioned has something to do with swollen veins or arteries i`m not sure hard to remember all that tech stuff.
It`s something to monitor or may be ER later he`s discussing it with another doctor at the VA .
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Best wishes Len. Always something to worry about hey. My eyes are getting terrible.
Welding has burnt the center's out.
In low light I kind of have to use my peripheral vision!
Take care buddy.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Turning it over too God, thanks Gents. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

👍🏻
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:34 pm Just got home, we it`s not any of the above mentioned has something to do with swollen veins or arteries i`m not sure hard to remember all that tech stuff.
It`s something to monitor or may be ER later he`s discussing it with another doctor at the VA .
Well, I pray they figure it out soon. I've had a couple of serious sight losses over the years, I pray they get yours straightened out ASAP.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers up. Things can be worked with now which were nothing but blindness a few years ago. If you need a medicine which the VA does not carry, have your Doctor get you the phone number for the manufacturer. Call them and explain your situation. Most drug manufacturers will help those who don't have insurance.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Pitchy: I read above that you have no insurance. If I recall correctly, VA denied your application for VA disability compensation a few years ago.

I have a friend who only receives Social Security and is a honorably discharged Vietnam vet without any service connected disability. After discussing his financial status, medical condition, etc., with one of the VA service organizations, the service organization was able to find a way to have him qualify for VA medical care.

I strongly urge you go to Disabled American Veterans (DAV), or the American Legion, VFW, etc. and see if there is way for you to receive medical care. Based upon your annual income, you might qualify for VA monthly pension a veteran. Pension is based on income limits. The VA regional offices and hospitals have veterans service organizations there.

I was retired out on disability in 1968 and since then have been a member of the DAV who monitors all of my dealings with the VA. Going through them, I have never had an issue. I Recommend the DAV. I also worked at the San Francisco regional office 1975-77 as an Adjudicator and saw firsthand how efficiently the service organizations handle VA claims.

It's worth a phone call or a personal visit. Remember: nothing ventured, nothing gained.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up Airedale.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks everyone, Ray i do have VA medical coverage so it is available.
I have two options, it`s one thing that could get better and we monitor it or i could have a stroke and die i`ve chosen to monitor it for now.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 pm Turning it over to God, thanks Gents. :)
And to us here too -- We'll send prayers up for you Lenn. :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Stroke is no fun. I have had a bunch of mini strokes ever since I took the Covid vaccine. All of mine hit me in the cerebellum. While theh are happening, I get to find out what it is like to have cerebral palsy. My sense of balance has been permanently affected. Most people cannot tell, but my Wife and my best friend Larry can tell. I cannot go up and down stairs without holding on to a rail now. Depending on where the stroke hits, it may affect each person differently. Please take an aspirin every day to prevent the possible stroke. Aspirin does not work for me, but I have some really strange genetic issues. My issues do not stop me from seeing a benefit to others. Please take an aspirin every day to prevent a stroke. Yes, a stroke might kill you, but it probably will be worse and leave you alive and partially paralyzed. I was lucky that my mini strokes did not leave me moving and talking like Stephen Hawking. I am now on a blood thinner which works for me. There is only one tablet which works with my weird genetics, otherwise I would be on a shot every day.
D. Brian Casady
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Just saw this. Hope you are feeling better Lenn.

Keep up updated please. You're a favorite around here and we don't want to lose you!

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks again pards, a person gets tired of it all when you`ve been sick or hurting most your life plus terrible family issues.
Doing a lot of praying right now and trusting God. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Pitchy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:24 am
with you in this
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Grizz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:31 am
Pitchy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:24 am
with you in this
Yep. I used to think he was helping me and had my back when it came to patient care, due to all the times when some gut feeling or intuition would guide my hand in the right direction.

Then I grew up a little bit and realized that it had nothing to do with ME, and God wasn't looking out for me, he was looking out for my patients, sometimes having to thwart whatever stupid diagnosis or treatment plan I was implementing.... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Hey Doc!

Post by JimT »

There's a lot of preachers who could use that revelation!

(lest anyone think I am bad-mouthing preachers, I am speaking as one of them)

:shock:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Luke was a Physician. I sort of look at that as showing us that even good human knowledge needs to listen to GOD. I have seen Preachers succumb to human failures. As one who is human, I fail to meet the goals set forth in the New Testament. That does not stop me from picking myself up and starting again. We all need help from time to time.
Lenn, it seems that a bunch of us are praying for you. Keep praying for yourself, too. Listen to GOD and remain calm. Whatever happens will be on his time, and will be just what you need whether you know what that is or not.
D. Brian Casady
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I came to realize a long time ago that if God healed everyone we would be living in paradise and that isn`t going to happen now.
When my mother was dying from throat cancer i sat down and prayed for her and God took smoking away from me for 20 years but He also gave us free will and i started smoking again, my fault not His.
I could list a whole bunch of things that have gone wrong in my life and most of it was my own fault, and there are many people suffering far more than i am.
The actions of God are hard to understand that`s why we have to trust Him in blind faith, take Job as a example.
I`m good with it all, could i do something to make things better probably but then as i said i`m kinda tired of this old world so i`ll trust God with it.
My hope is the Rapture for all our sakes but we may go through some suffering yet so be it as Jesus said suffer gladly He suffered before we suffered.
No worries bro`s and i appreciate the thoughts and prayers. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.