Gamekeeper is a bad influence

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Gamekeeper is a bad influence

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, not really a "bad influence", but certainly an "enabler"! :wink: :lol:

If you'll recall, he recently started this thread on pocket knives:

https://www.levergunscommunity.org/view ... fe#p949691

I was in Knoxville on business a couple weeks ago and had to stop by (yes, "had to") Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Picked myself up one of these based on GK's recommendation of the Alox Swiss Army Knives:

I really like this one. And yes, the slipper proves it is me! :lol:

On a sad note though, the store hours were reduced, areas were roped off, and they were understaffed compared to all my previous visits. About 1/4-1/3 less inventory too. Darn supply chain issues and staffing issues hitting them as well! :shock:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gamekeeper is a bad influence

Post by gamekeeper »

I had to order mine from the factory in Switzerland and I didn't get a choice on color... :( but I still love mine and I hope you find yours useful too..... :D

Glad to be of help.... :lol:

viewtopic.php?p=948203#p948203
IMG_20220908_231046.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Boy, Jay, that one sure covers the bases.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:13 pm Boy, Jay, that one sure covers the bases.
Not as many bases as the one it replaced:

But this one hasn't been made in decades, and I don't want to risk damaging it at this point. Setting it aside for an eventual grandson! :D
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

THAT'S the beauty of grand sons. We control the supply chain, and get to "collect" supplies for someone else's future. Strictly fun stuff.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I demand credit for this knife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My first Swiss Army knife i will always remember. I was 8 years old. The family was getting ready to get on a flight at JFK airport and Dad & walked into the Victorinox store in the terminal.
I picked out the Fisherman model. I was a fishing fanatic as a kid. It had the normal blades, scissors, tooth pick & tweezers, the fish scaler/ dehooker is what I was amazed by... never did scale a fish with it.
I've since ' upgraded ' 3 times. Now I carry the Huntsman model.
More than once my trusty Swiss has saved the day ( usually the bottle opener)
I dont leave home without it.
Oh and when we boarded the plane Dad made me hand my new Swiss Army Knife to the Captain, whom Dad knew & flown with for years, I got it back when we landed.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sigh. I miss the days I could just fly with one and no one said boo. Actually, I just miss the days when common sense still had a toehold on society... :roll:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The thing I liked so much about the BSA Huntsman is that it replaced the wine cork puller with a phillip's head screwdriver. Only makes sense given it was for youth scouts (who in theory shouldn't be worried about opening wine bottles! :lol: ). Having that phillip's head screwdriver has saved my bacon more than once. It is one of the most useful tools, but unfortunately you need to buy a monster-sized SAK if you want one on one now. Or one with a bunch of tools you'll never use.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:26 am Sigh. I miss the days I could just fly with one and no one said boo. Actually, I just miss the days when common sense still had a toehold on society... :roll:

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I used to fly all the time with a Government Model on my hip. Simply show the gate agent my credentials and nobody said a word.

I don't feel safer these days than I did back then.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

This is my every day carry. I've worn it clipped inside my pocket for over 30 years and although I don't use it very frequently since I retired, I hope to never part with it. It has just what I need. It even shares some of the road rash I received when I dumped a motorcycle two decades ago. It's a Leatherman Sidekick, it's probably half an inch thick and a great tool. I doubt they still make them.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Here's my Leatherman. I see now that I'm not giving the picture enough time to load. Oops
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have carried the Leatherman PSTII for about a quarter of a century. A while back I attended an air show at Holloman AFB, and walked a half mile under a hot sun from the parking area to the gate when an airman pointed to a sign and said “Sir, you will have to surrender your Leatherman.” I walked back to my truck and left it there then hiked back to the gate, put my wallet, keys and phone on a tray, and attached to my keys was a small yellow Victorinox I had forgotten about. I gave that one up, but dang …
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

AmBraCol wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:14 am
Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:26 am Sigh. I miss the days I could just fly with one and no one said boo. Actually, I just miss the days when common sense still had a toehold on society... :roll:

I miss our Country. :(
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

This was in the trunk of my JDM Honda Beat.
2A6603DF-3785-4CCD-A8EA-97AED9FC1531.jpeg
4718F1AB-7B5C-4411-BD62-84D167408C5E.jpeg
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com