Electrical Connector - identification...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Electrical Connector - identification...?

Post by AJMD429 »

I have a patient who gave me several battery packs that hold eight AA batteries, in two groups of four (so nominal +6 volts, zero volts, and negative 6 volts could be had, etc.).

If I could identify the connectors and order some males to match, I'd have a handy thing I could use for backup power of small devices.

They are from some chemo pump his wife had before she passed, I believe.
IMG_20220905_123751112.jpg
Any idea how to determine the connector type...?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Electrical Connector - identification...?

Post by Pisgah »

I wish I knew, Doc. I found a small plastic bag by the side of the road containing small 4 connectors that looked like they could have come from the Roswell crash ... Come to think of it, a cable company truck had been parked there earlier in the day, and I am pretty sure those guys are aliens.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Without having it in front of me, it looks similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Connecto ... 395&sr=8-7

The gray plastic is just cover, you find a manu. or part number if you peel that back.

And that's an 'zon listing, you can get a *much better* price if you go to Digikey, Mouser, or the like.

Betting that it uses standard 'molex' pins, so at worst, you can find a couple of the males and make your own home-built connector.

Easy, cover female end with tape, punch small holes through, insert pins, make small mold off back of that and puddle epoxy on.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thanks - that sure looks like the proper 'mate' - I'll one and see if it fits. Might even be had at auto parts locally where I could take mine in to test-fit.

Lots of collective and varied wisdom and experience on this forum, even though it is allegedly only about 'leverguns'... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "