Howdy! New member here

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aggie01
Levergunner

Howdy! New member here

Post by Aggie01 »

Howdy All !
Thought I'd sign up here and introduce myself, as my wandering eyes keep leading me towards leverguns.
I keep ending up over here reading and researching.

I run the same handle over on the Singleactions, Ruger & Blade forums.
I have a been a sixgun man for a while, but my limited shooting time means I am not as confident with them as I would like, so I am putting a few more rifles in the safe.

A rifle I can get dialed in (if I can even get time for that) and then pick up and go with, without having to stay in the muscle memory zone of shooting heavy recoiling six(or five)guns.

I have about a dozen custom sixguns ranging from a 44 Special L Frame Mountain Gun to a 500 Linebaugh Maximum.
I also have a dozen or so barrels for my TC Encores ranging from .204 Ruger to 35 Whelen, including 44 mag and 454 threaded 16.5" barrels to run with a suppressor.

But what has led me over here is:
BLR Takedown in 270 WSM, 300 WSM, 325 WSM. One action, three barrels.
BLR Takedown in 450 Marlin, 338 WSM wildcat, 358 WSM wildcat. Planned, not complete. (JES to rebore a 300 and 325 barrel - and I can't promise that the 450 M won't get rechambered to 458 WSM)
BLR Takedown In 308 with a 16" threaded barrel for a can. If you are not going to run a can, I don't recommend cutting a BLR this short. The handling is off-putting, especially with a laminate PG stock.
BLR Takedown in 308, 308, 308 and 308... Planned project for 338 fed, 358 win, and 375-284. (JES to rebore) Actually still waiting for the base gun to show up. Hard to track down takedown BLR's these days.
Henry Big Boy X's in 44 Magnum and .45 Colt. So fun to shoot with a can on them. Kinda ugly and balances weirdly with a can in the front and a synthetic stock in the back, though.
Marlin 1895 about to go to JES for a 50 AK rebore.
Marlin 1895 guide gun converted to PG stock
Winchester 94 Big Bore 444 Marlin Black Shadow. Just got it, but foresee some wood furniture in this thing's future if I like it.

All pistol grip stocks. I greatly prefer them to straight grip levers. I have gotten rid of every straight grip stocked lever I have had.

I'm casting about for a few 92's. Hoping to get into something around the 6 lb mark in 44 mag and 45 colt. Wanting PG stock really limits my options.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Howdy! New member here

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the campfire ... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Welcome :)

From your read, you have found the right place! Lot of very knowledgeable people here ! Best site on the puter IMHO.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Howdy back and welcome!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Howdy 🤠
Wait. What?
How many BLRs do you own? I must be misreading your post. It’s late here.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Welcome to Enabler-Ranch.... :D

You need more leverguns.... :o :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome, quite a collection. Cowboy Tutt will likely be interested in all that.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Aggie01
Levergunner

Post by Aggie01 »

Tycer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 pm Howdy 🤠
Wait. What?
How many BLRs do you own? I must be misreading your post. It’s late here.
I own 4 BLR takedown receivers with 11 barrels. Numrich was selling takedown barrels and I bought myself a huge, ill advised project.

Frame 1: Stainless/ Laminate, Short action (.308). Was a straight grip, I bought a 450 Pistol grip rifle just to swap the lever and stock from. Now the .308 is a pistol grip stock and that particular .450 is gone.
Barrel is trimmed down to 16.6 inches and threaded 5/8-24 for a suppressor.

Frame 2: Blued Walnut, Short Magnum Action (WSM). Has barrels in .270 WSM, 300 WSM and a 325 WSM (the barrel it was born with).

Frame 3: Blued Walnut, Short Magnum Action (WSM). Was a straight grip, swapped the stock and the lever off a 7mm-08 pistol grip that moved on down the road. Has Barrels in 300 WSM (to be rebored to 338 WSM), 325 WSM (to be rebored to 358 WSM) and 450 Marlin (the barrel it was born with).

Frame 4: Blued Walnut,Short action (.308). Has 4 .308 Barrels. Plan is one will be a .338 fed, one will be a .358 win, and one will be a .375-284. (Finally found a .284 Magazine this week - that was a painful purchase)
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Holy moly!
:mrgreen:
Who did the trigger jobs?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com