Henry levers question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Henry levers question

Post by 4t5 »

Looking for comments if you own a SIDE GATE .357, or .410. Likes or dislikes, thanks.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: Henry levers question

Post by wvfarrier »

I have a side gate, steel, Henry in 357 amd have ZERO complaints. I do wish the steel versions came with the octagon barrel though
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

If my Henrys had a side gate I probably wouldn't use it. I've had my fingers pinched enough by my Marlins.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

For hunting I would rather have the tube loading mechanism because it's certainly as fast to load and way faster to unload. Most times I hunt I load for five rounds and either shoot zero if I don't see any game or maybe shoot one if I do see game. Very rarely do I need a second or third, but I keep them in there in case I would wound an animal. But every time I go back into the house I have to unload the darn thing by cycling all the rounds through it, and it's a pain in the butt. The tube loaders are way faster and way better in my opinion.

The ONLY advantage of the side gate loading is the 'tactical' situation where you needed to top off a magazine in the middle of a firefight, or I suppose if you are in cramped quarters and can't extend the magazine tube to reload after you have emptied your magazine at bad guys. I haven't done that lately.... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

On the Henry you still get the tube loader with the side gate. So why not get it.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

BenT wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:06 pm On the Henry you still get the tube loader with the side gate. So why not get it.
Someone should make an after-market tube loading conversion for Marlins.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

BenT wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:06 pm On the Henry you still get the tube loader with the side gate. So why not get it.
For the same reason some people remove the cross-bolt safety on Marlins. It is not esthetically pleasing.