Texas Outlook

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Texas Outlook

Post by Grizz »

on thr T4R account i spent half the day cruising the hot streets of Leander, provisioning the truck for the dash to Phoenix, putting the Republic in the rear view mirror until next time... whenever that can happen... payed up for some 30-30 ammo, which will seed some brass. will get dies to get going. Y'All talked me into it... Since I discovered I have Two Marlins im going to select one for a trapper project. maybe he can ride the Runner on the return trip to the Grand Kids..
BTW, he started his hissey-fit with a bum coil pack in the 3 hole that transmorgified into a dead injector in the 6 hole. Ran thru Leander traffic like a commuter car today, and purred through the burger drive by spot. . . . seems eager for cool nights and the dog to flake out in back...
ciao Texas
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Texas Outlook

Post by piller »

May you have a great trip. Prayers up for your 4Runner to work great all the way home.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

thanks so much. hasta . . .
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

"...the dog to flake out in back ..." You're living right, Grizz!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm May you have a great trip. Prayers up for your 4Runner to work great all the way home.
been good to me so far. 350 to go. had a 750 and 796 days runs. old iron butt in a rolling metal tent.
he has a hitch at idle, and idle is too low... no codes... so its tuning now.. and Tundra front brakes. and back springs to raise the sagging rear end. LOL
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Turn off everything, and switch the ignition on, then off twice, then start it and let it warm up. That puts it in learn mode for Toyota vehicles, and it should adjust the idle speed. I had to do that after changing the battery in my Camry. It was idling at 500 RPM and kept dieing on me. It now idles at 800 to 900 RPM and the A/C works at all speeds. After you switch it off, it goes out of learn mode and remembers the idle speed and mixture.
It is worth a try.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:43 am Turn off everything, and switch the ignition on, then off twice, then start it and let it warm up. That puts it in learn mode for Toyota vehicles, and it should adjust the idle speed. I had to do that after changing the battery in my Camry. It was idling at 500 RPM and kept dieing on me. It now idles at 800 to 900 RPM and the A/C works at all speeds. After you switch it off, it goes out of learn mode and remembers the idle speed and mixture.
It is worth a try.
THANKS FOR THAT ! I forgot all about learn mode, gonna try that.

Got home today at noon local time, a safe trip and more toyota bonding time. he will never be quick, but he's better than slow start from a mud tank... i get the notion this truck got taken back to the rescue kennel numerous times, i aim to rehabilitate him so he enjoys motoring about the country again. he did something over 5500 miles this time. good warm up for a winter trip to The Valley....

visit with sister was good. visit with brother was cancelled because he had a very bad night and was in pain, so he bailed. he went to see doctor about his blood work yesterday. maybe they can get him in better shape...