We have Covid again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

We have Covid again

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Been sicker than a dog all week but I didn’t test positive. Kathy’s two days behind me and tested positive today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: We have Covid again

Post by Rusty »

Take care there Scott. Praying for you brother.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rusty wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pmTake care there Scott. Praying for you brother.
Ditto.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up for you both Scott. No fun. :(
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Sorry Scott, it isn't any fun. I picked it up on a work trip last month, started feeling like cr*p on the 18th but didn't test positive until the 20th. Finally tested negative on the 28th. I chewed on Walgreen's zinc cold remedy tablets religiously for nearly the full week. The tired/fatigued part has only let up in the last couple days.

Hope you both get through it quick.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

10% povidone iodine diluted 10:1 to 1% in a nasal spray or use a cotton swab 3-4x a day.
Crest mouthwash 3-4x a day
This helped most to keep it out of head.
Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Alcohol Free Mouthwash, Clean Mint, 8.4 fl oz (250 mL)
Mullein leaf to clear the phlegm. Chop and dry a leaf and smoke it as needed. Amazing.
Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Alcohol Free Mouthwash, Clean Mint, 8.4 fl oz (250 mL)
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Like Tycer said, it's very treatable. The problem is you have to get started early on stuff and some of the stuff isn't common to find at your regular drug stores.

I tried to get most of my patients to assemble a just in case kit with stuff to take if they got sick, along with a preventative regimen that would include vitamin D, zinc, quercetin (nearly essential if you want oral zinc to do much good), vitamin C, and some sort of Betadine gargle. They make a Betadine brand product called "Betadine Sore Throat Gargle", but you can make your own using recipes available at flccc.net under 'early treatment protocol'.
They also suggest a Betadine nasal rinse or swabbing, although I find the product Alkalol to be great and tolerable. It is a nasal spray available in nasal spray bottles or refills by the pint, that is inexpensive and safe. The main ingredient that kills covid is probably the eucalyptol. It is worth noting that a couple generations ago mothers fired up to steam vaporizer with Vicks vapor rub when their family got viral infections, and it seemed to work. How they knew that eucalypt killed viruses back then, when DNA hadn't even been discovered yet is amazing. The essential oils fad is sometimes a bit crazy, but they also use eucalyptol in their essential oils machines.

Families where covid has gone through but people are on this preventative regimen typically have even old and frail people (on oxygen, with cancer, with lupus, with organ transplants, post bypass surgery, etc) using ALL of the preventatives (not just the easy to find ones) not getting sick at all, and often otherwise young healthy people who aren't doing the complete preventative regimen get sick. That's what happened to me, because I got cocky and didn't do the complete regimen a year and a half ago so my wife who was following the preventative measures barely had any symptoms, but I nearly died. That taught me a lesson for sure.

Fortunately the current version of SARS virus that has descended from covid-19 is more like the SARS viruses we had prior to that, which basically cause 'sinus symptoms' that get down into the chest, and sometimes cause loose stools. We've seen infections like that for decades and didn't panic or shut things down or mask. Covid-19 was an exception, and it was obviously [engineered to be?] very lethal, probably several times more lethal than influenza. But what we have now is pretty easy to deal with unless a person has underlying health problems they might not be aware of.

As usual "consult your personal physician", although if they are an employee of an institution they may be unwilling to recommend anything useful. It is certainly if note that worldwide data pretty clearly shows that as predicted by virologists since the beginning, the vaccination has not only lost effectiveness because the virus has mutated so much since 2019, but in fact the people who get sick the most often and the most severely are the ones who have been vaccinated and boosted.
IMG_20220806_234537564~2.jpg
The good thing is that since the virus has mutated to a much milder, although more contagious, form, even vaccinated people typically aren't getting that ill. As with the other doctors who follow the flccc protocols, I do sometimes use hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, mostly for acute symptoms in frail people, or chronic symptoms in anyone who develops those, respectively.

I have not had to use nebulized glutathione or fluvoxamine or cyproheptadine on anyone in the past 6 months. I think we are getting enough immunity to the current few strains that we shouldn't be under much that for the next year from these SARS variants.

Of course the government is now trying to convince us all that we are going to get monkeypox, without mentioning the specific intimate activities and types of partners we would have to interact with to do so. I'm sure the 'cure' will be more mail-in ballots... :roll:

I would suggest that anyone interested in the covid issue follow the uncensored internet, and in particular I find this group to have high credibility. They recently added Dr Mobeen Syed as one of their speakers, and he also has a lot of material on odysee.com that is worth looking at.

https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19Cri ... mYB9ANNHC3

The above link should direct you to their stuff, including the August 3rd podcast, but they do a weekly update every Wednesday and I think once you get on odysee.com it's pretty easy to find all of their updates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My wife and I have just had it, still coughing but tested negative yesterday.
It was an aweful time.
Still fatigued now, day eight.

Take care.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Scott, sorry for your trials. I'll admit that being double vaxxed and double boosted with Moderna's vaccine, I just haven't been paying much attention to the virus lately, but this blasé behavior might just land me flat on my back with the most recent variant.
Big pot of chicken soup, maybe?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That stinks!

We've had it run through our house twice.

Hope you both feel better soon!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hope you get better soon.
I bought a 16 ounce bottle of Alkalol a while back and used a saline nose spray bottle by dumping about half out and filling it back up with Alkalol. I have used it a lot, and when totally empty, just wash it, refill with bottled water and Alkalol mixed half and half and add a pinch of salt. Keeps my nose and sinuses clear.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Double vaxed and boosted (both of us) Moderna.

I’m getting better but watching Kathy’s blood oxygen levels closely

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The only good news is this strain seems to be far less critical, or deadly. My wife and I got it back in April, and me first, then her. I was pretty sick for two weeks, and another week to recover from it afterwards. My wife got sick, and over it in a week, so it seems it's a little different for everyone. I never had much of a head cold, or cough, but had extreme stomach issues. She had the typical cough, headaches, etc.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I'm very sorry to hear this Scott. You two take care of yourselves and I hope you get well again, soon.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up Scott hope ya whoop it soon.
Norma's mom and sister tested positive the other day also.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Seems like theres a strain going around again. My sister's entire family has it and we haven't seen them since July 4.

Kathy is better this morning. Fever broke and O2 saturation is back up in the high 90s.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good to hear.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:57 am Kathy is better this morning. Fever broke and O2 saturation is back up in the high 90s.
Excellent news! Prayers continue!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Hope Your feeling better soon. We had it here. the Wife over Christmas , Me the next week. We had the single shot J&J and ours was like the flu. several Family members who didn't get any vaccine got it and were very sick. Our 39 year old Son was close to being hospitalized . a lot of people around here are getting it .