CHICKENS!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

CHICKENS!

Post by JimT »

Going out to the shop the other morning I found this as I passed the chicken pen.
20220726_101857.jpg
20220726_101909.jpg
These chickens fly and love to roost in the trees. I finally figured out that they are Identifying as Eagles. (trans-species) I mean, if a man can pretend to be a woman or a woman pretend to be a man, my chickens can pretend to be eagles!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: CHICKENS!

Post by piller »

Let 'em. Free range birds taste best.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:48 pm Let 'em. Free range birds taste best.
They are free range. I just keep them inside an electric fence overnight. We have predators and anymore I would rather sleep than be up at 2AM with a shotgun and flashlight. :lol:
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

my chickens roosted in trees, AND SO DID THE DUCKS ! All happy as clams. Around a dozen birds, or 10 perhaps. All busy around boat construction and truck reconstruction in their own little cosmos, with sweet dreams. ever seen ducks in trees ?
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:18 pm my chickens roosted in trees, AND SO DID THE DUCKS ! All happy as clams. Around a dozen birds, or 10 perhaps. All busy around boat construction and truck reconstruction in their own little cosmos, with sweet dreams. ever seen ducks in trees ?
No I haven't but we had goats years ago that would climb trees. I have photos someplace of one my goat 'way up a tree.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm built a nice safe portable coop for our chickens but a lot of times they decide to sit on top of it at night, I guess they figure they like to make it easier for the owls to pick them off. They even make little nervous clucking noises throughout the night to help the owls find them... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:30 pm .
I'm built a nice safe portable coop for our chickens but a lot of times they decide to sit on top of it at night, I guess they figure they like to make it easier for the owls to pick them off. They even make little nervous clucking noises throughout the night to help the owls find them... :roll:
Remember the Schmoos from Lil' Abner? They lived to be eaten. Must have been modeled after chickens.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you look on Youtube there is a guy there called Florida Bullfrog that has made it his mission in life to revive the old Florida game fowls. He has been breeding and crossbreeding to get some free range birds.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.