If you ever visit connecticut don't take a bus

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

If you ever visit connecticut don't take a bus

Post by 4t5 »

this state is hot on the idea of electric buses :lol:
https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/0 ... tery-fire/
these buses do have toxic emissions.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: If you ever visit connecticut don't take a bus

Post by Pisgah »

When hybrid vehicles came out I was working as a 911 dispatcher. We received and were required to study a lengthy new protocol manual on how to handle hybrid vehicle wrecks. It was an eye-opener -- even a fender-bender was to be treated as a full-on Haz-Mat call-out, with immediate response from Fire, EMT and law enforcement. plus elaborate instructions for sealing off the accident scene. I don't know if the protocols have changed since then, but at the time the planned response was of the same level as a nuclear waste spill. It did not make me want a hybrid, or anything else with a giant battery.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: If you ever visit connecticut don't take a bus

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Pisgah wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:28 am When hybrid vehicles came out I was working as a 911 dispatcher. We received and were required to study a lengthy new protocol manual on how to handle hybrid vehicle wrecks. It was an eye-opener -- even a fender-bender was to be treated as a full-on Haz-Mat call-out, with immediate response from Fire, EMT and law enforcement. plus elaborate instructions for sealing off the accident scene. I don't know if the protocols have changed since then, but at the time the planned response was of the same level as a nuclear waste spill. It did not make me want a hybrid, or anything else with a giant battery.
I wonder how much Texas heat has an effect on such batteries?